What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 V Bulldogs

GongPanther

Referee
Because of a much cooler night,I found it strange that Hook didn't start with a full strength forward pack for the first half.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Ah well. 2 and 1 is still one of the best starts we have had to a season.
Hopefully we can play better against the cowgirls

OldPanther

Coach
While you can say 90% of the penalties were correct the problem is that they were not applied both ways. You can't tell me that the Dogs weren't offside and laid on the players any less than Penrith, but the penalties weren't given.
One obstruction is allowed to score a try, but an obstruction of no consequence is penalised and the Dogs score!
There was no consistency in the way the game was officiated. Dropped balls by Penrith were all knock ons regardless of whether they were or not, but were allowed to be back when dropped by the Dogs.
Even with the rulings, a 7-12 penalty count, a dodgy try, an intercept try, and a fluky ricochet try (that I don't think was grounded on the line), no Cleary for the second half, we went down fighting by just 2 points. A very courageous effort!

Frog already replied to me with this and I agreed. They need to do a better job so the ref can't penalise as much.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
For me, the concerning thing is that, though we are superb at outlasting teams at the end of games, the time in the match were conditioning doesn't matter (i.e., the first 20 minutes or maybe even the first half) we are being completely creamed. Three times in a row now. God forbid any other teams also get their fitness up to speed and they start creaming us in the second half as well.

OldPanther

Coach
For me, the concerning thing is that, though we are superb at outlasting teams at the end of games, the time in the match were conditioning doesn't matter (i.e., the first 20 minutes or maybe even the first half) we are being completely creamed. Three times in a row now. God forbid any other teams also get their fitness up to speed.

Yeah while we are equal we can't match them. After round 5 or 6 that is really bad news.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour shocking. How hard is it too stay on your wing?

A try off a kick. A try off an intercept and a try off a bad call.. So despite playing bad on line defence was good. This loss could be good now we get the kick up the ass we need
Yeah... giving up 14 point leads 3weeks i a row isnt a kick inthe ass.

Bulldogs reserve grade team murdering our top 17 in trials wasnt a kick in the ass.

Why would this loss change anything? L
Our coach (whoever that is) has tried to change shit and all it does is make it worse for us.

We have the roster.we have the fitness. We have the heart..but there's absolutely no signs we have the game plans or tactics to be more than a fringe top 8 team.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
While you can say 90% of the penalties were correct the problem is that they were not applied both ways. You can't tell me that the Dogs weren't offside and laid on the players any less than Penrith, but the penalties weren't given.
One obstruction is allowed to score a try, but an obstruction of no consequence is penalised and the Dogs score!
There was no consistency in the way the game was officiated. Dropped balls by Penrith were all knock ons regardless of whether they were or not, but were allowed to be back when dropped by the Dogs.
Even with the rulings, a 7-12 penalty count, a dodgy try, an intercept try, and a fluky ricochet try (that I don't think was grounded on the line), no Cleary for the second half, we went down fighting by just 2 points. A very courageous effort!
Courageous?

We let a winless Bulldogs team embarrass us after letting their reserve grade team embarrass us a month ago in trials.

mxlegend99

Referee
Oh and dont get me wrong. Every player had great moments. But most had brain dead moments too.

The talent is so clearly there. But everyone is on a different page... or worse trying to be more than they are. Maloney should have settled us down . But we played a ehole se ond half thinking we needed to score every set. Clearydoes a better job at settling his boys down and picking the time to strike. Although his k tercrpt was the worst play of our game. He sees Morris rushing out and just pins the ears it's atleast s 6 point fecision.

tripster

Juniors

Agree 100%

tripster

Juniors
Did you just see Tigers put on the worst end to a set ever? Consistency week in week out is a hard thing.

tripster

Juniors
Whare hit high. That would have been golden point.

I saw that and was also shocked. He was smashed in the head almost simultaneously with when he knocked on.

Sometimes the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the NRL is secretly becoming the WWE, where it is all about selling a high rating TV product (which requires most of the teams to be competing for the 8 until near the end of the season) and the referees are told to produce that outcome.

OldPanther

Coach
I saw that and was also shocked. He was smashed in the head almost simultaneously with when he knocked on.

Sometimes the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the NRL is secretly becoming the WWE, where it is all about selling a high rating TV product (which requires most of the teams to be competing for the 8 until near the end of the season) and the referees are told to produce that outcome.

Some games definitely feel like it. When our penalty count was something like 11 or 12 to 3 against us.

forby

Juniors
Was the obstruction penalty in the middle of the field a reaction to not calling the one on the try?
Isn’t every second man play basically an obstruction? The rules are just too inconsistently applied.

Latest posts