What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 V Bulldogs

martielang

Bench
The mighty Hook can only do so much. When we held the ball & stuck to the game plan we walked through them. Maloney really started to control the game at times but as soon as he looked comfortable, he started overplaying his hand.

Individual brain explosions & penalties cost us that game.

mxlegend99

Referee
The mighty Hook can only do so much. When we held the ball & stuck to the game plan we walked through them. Maloney really started to control the game at times but as soon as he looked comfortable, he started overplaying his hand.

Game plan? What's that?

Give them a 14 nil head start? What cost us is having no f**king idea what to do when we have good opportunities. Like last hear we have to wing it and hope for the best.

Weve beaten a winless Eels.
Weve besten a winless Souths.
We gave Bulldogs their only win of the year.

All 3 teams got smashed by the other teams they have played. All 3 teams have been exposed as being shit except against us.

forby

Juniors
The coach didn’t cost us the game. It was a combination of an emotionally motivated team, poor refereeing/officiating, some poor discipline and losing Cleary.
Despite the 4 tries our defence was quite good. One dodgy, one lucky intercept, one from a fluky intercept and one on the back of a penalty.

tripster

Juniors
Interesting seeing all of the Tigers players in the dressing rooms with their shirts off - everyone one of them was wearing a heart rate monitor and gps. Cleary is obviously monitoring the data.

To me if the attacking plan is just going to be to plays what’s in front of you, we need to do more to sort out the defence. Playing percentage footy needs structure at both ends, and our defence early on in games is pathetic. Particularly the left side.

Focus should go back to just defence, forget about attack, it’s not going to happen under Griffin.

tripster

Juniors
To me if the attacking plan is just going to be to plays what’s in front of you, we need to do more to sort out the defence. Playing percentage footy needs structure at both ends, and our defence early on in games is pathetic. Particularly the left side.

Focus should go back to just defence, forget about attack, it’s not going to happen under Griffin.

I don’t think it is a defensive issue, so much as it is poor decision making and errors (both in handing and penalties) early in games and usually in back to back fashion, resulting in us handover ball in good field position to opposition teams .

The tries have come against a weight of possession - I actually think the circumstances we have weathered in the first few weeks show excellent defence, particularly given that we are doing it against fresh opposition who are coming out of the sheds with energy.

One of the most important aspects of good defense is good fitness - that’s the only way you can make tackle after tackle consecutively. The other is good decision making - we seem to mostly be getting that right but could still do with better defensive decision making out wide.

Teams are not busting us in the middle.

Our weakness is mostly limited to Mansour’s edge. I’d hazard a guess that he is responsible for a significant percentage of the tries we have conceded this season. His positioning and inability to turn and chase is costing us. He has lost one foot of pace since his ACL injury and it is exposing him in defence

martielang

Bench
Game plan? What's that?

Give them a 14 nil head start? What cost us is having no f**king idea what to do when we have good opportunities. Like last hear we have to wing it and hope for the best.

Weve beaten a winless Eels.
Weve besten a winless Souths.
We gave Bulldogs their only win of the year.

All 3 teams got smashed by the other teams they have played. All 3 teams have been exposed as being shit except against us.

Think there was a pretty clear game plan to overload Forans side in attack & it worked all night.

But anyway we obviously disagree, which upsets me greatly, but that’s life.

franklin2323

Immortal
Was the obstruction penalty in the middle of the field a reaction to not calling the one on the try?
Isn’t every second man play basically an obstruction? The rules are just too inconsistently applied.

Foran fell over. Still had an attempt at tackle. Maloney was contacted was a BS call

tripster

Juniors

That’s a fair summation. Perhaps we only disagree on the fact that the penalties were not reasonably applied

martielang

Bench
That’s a fair summation. Perhaps we only disagree on the fact that the penalties were not reasonably applied

I agree we got the short end but I just thought we were so dominant in the second half, we had more than enough chances to put them away.

TheFrog

Coach
If we didn't get a fair go against the Dogs in Sydney its hard to imagine us getting it in Townsville against a Queensland side.

Latest posts