What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 V Bulldogs

pantherz9103

First Grade
Cleary could be out 6 to 10 weeks and I can't see many wins coming while Cleary is out so I hope it ends up being just the 6 weeks.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
What has happened to Mansour..

He is a shadow of former self, and constantly is running sideways almost Moylan like.

I love the guy, but looking at other teams wingers, he is really limited in his ability, aside from being a metre maker..

He is a shadow of former self, and constantly is running sideways almost Moylan like.

I love the guy, but looking at other teams wingers, he is really limited in his ability, aside from being a metre maker..
That finish on the weekend was pretty handy but yeah his form is down for sure

cain3y

Juniors

His head is not thinking about playing football at the moment, too busy thinking about his next contract and the dollars IMO.

MrBlack

Juniors
We certainly can win without him.

We did look a lot better once Cleary was off the field and Maloney took over.

I think Wallace to Half is a good idea. He will do the little things right, add an extra kicker, and let Maloney do his thing. Wallace could also defend a little wider which will help that fragile left hand side defense.

it also allows us to bring Katoa into hooker which adds a little more flair around the ruck area.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Can't agree with Wallace to half, he hasn't been an effective half for a long time now - In saying that, as much as I respect the guy, he shouldn't be in the 17 in any capacity IMO - Love the guy for his dedication, but it's time to move on to greener pastures...

Can't agree with Wallace to half, he hasn't been an effective half for a long time now - In saying that, as much as I respect the guy, he shouldn't be in the 17 in any capacity IMO - Love the guy for his dedication, but it's time to move on to greener pastures...
100% and this is why he shouldn't have been made captain. Still a great man to have around the club and hopefully he stays here in some role

TheFrog

Coach

ACL in the back of his mind. He's lost some pace, which is the last thing he needed because he wasn't fast before, but the main thing is he doesn't take the ball up with the gusto of yore. He did have a go last game though, and maybe he'll get over it.
Can't agree with Wallace to half, he hasn't been an effective half for a long time now
He hasn't been a half, effective or otherwise, for over two seasons now. But I still think the coach might turn to him.

MrBlack

Juniors

All he needs to do at half is play second fiddle to Maloney. Basically, tackle, pass the ball and occasionally kick it. All of which he is more than capable of. It is an opportunity to give Katoa game time.

Also - it is short term until May comes back and slots into the halves.

ACTPanthers

Bench
All he needs to do at half is play second fiddle to Maloney. Basically, tackle, pass the ball and occasionally kick it. All of which he is more than capable of. It is an opportunity to give Katoa game time.

Also - it is short term until May comes back and slots into the halves.

His passing out of dummy half has been progressively getting worse, so I can't see his passing getting better with more pressure to do so playing in the halves. Kicking game has regressed as well - Having one competent play maker is a detriment in my opinion, gives the opposition an easy target on the last tackle every time - Wallace's time as a half is well and truly over, and I can't see that changing anytime soon. Like I said, love the guy, just think he is getting past his used by date.

Luai needs to be blooded at some point, and as you said, it's only short term until May is fit.

mxlegend99

Referee
Theres always the chance Maloney is the one cut when May returns. His 14 missed tackles put him back to the top of the leaderboard.

Screenshot_20180326-123435.png

Great to see Hiku and Carty in the top 5 aswell. They copped it for poor defence while here. But 14 missed tackles in a game must be a record for us. Surely?

Im kidding about him getting dropped. We knew he was a terrible defender. Just helps him fit in really. 51 missed tackles against the Bulldogs.

Mansour 6. Whare 4. Maloney 14..that edge is just terrible. Some say it's Mansours fault. But the guys inside him are defending like shit and a problem a couple of defenders in makes each guys job harder outside them. He keeps getting outnumbered and having to cover a lot of space.

For some reason a basic set play can expose our edge. Yet we cant do the same to other teams. Even shit wingers can bag tries when they keep getting the ball with no one infront of them.

MrBlack

Juniors
That's kind of my point, why move him to a position he hasn't played for years? Luai needs to be tested in FG, why not now?

I do kind of agree. Just think Hook will go conservative and use Wallace in the halves. I'll be ok with it.

Not sure Luai's first game should be up against Thurston in Nth Qld.

Latest posts