What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Warriors

age.s

First Grade
Happy with that. Can't do too much more than keep them to nil.

The halves question is interesting. Both had good games with poor moments, but I think Burton did enough. Luai had some good moments and linked up well with Burton when spreading it, but didn't kick well and is still not running straight enough. On the other hand Burton ran straight and a few sublime bits of skill but last tackle options were patchy. I think Burton will partner better with Cleary at this stage but Luai will offer more off the bench than Kenny is atm.

Fish though. What a monster he is.

Agree. People read to much into the first 10 games. Look at the Dragons who tend to start on fire and fizzle out.
7/8 points is a great start. Even if can win 5 of the next 10 you would be sitting close to the top 4 or 5.

Nup. First 10 games are really important, go back and look at past seasons. The final top 8 is mostly set after 10 rounds, only significant change is the order. On average about 6 of the 8 make it in the end.

Kilkenny

Coach
We win 26-0 and yet there are question marks.

Have to say there were some positives but at the end of the day as I sit here now typing away I can’t help feeling a little underwhelmed by our performance.

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but just not fluent, just not really threatening offence and just not quite good enough really. Certainly not in comparison to the top sides.

Tonight was just what I expected, I expected to win and we did. I didn’t really expect the breakout performance to stamp our mark on this years competition and to that end we didn’t get that.

Next week will be a much better test of where we are situated.

At 31 and 800k a yr he's past his best tamou no deal.

No way he could get 800k next year, but I wouldn’t say he’s playing badly. He ran for 182m tonight in only 45 mins, that’s a pretty good effort. 70 post contact meters too.

I’d give him a 2 year deal at 450-500k. (Assuming the salary cap stays the same)

franklin2323

Immortal
We win 26-0 and yet there are question marks.

Have to say there were some positives but at the end of the day as I sit here now typing away I can’t help feeling a little underwhelmed by our performance.

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but just not fluent, just not really threatening offence and just not quite good enough really. Certainly not in comparison to the top sides.

Tonight was just what I expected, I expected to win and we did. I didn’t really expect the breakout performance to stamp our mark on this years competition and to that end we didn’t get that.

Next week will be a much better test of where we are situated.

We had half of our full strength spine missing on a short turnaround.

defence was great. Attack is coming along

SWIFT

Juniors
Wow
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath.

We just played. And won.
With two very young halves, a fullback with no attacking momentum.

won easily.

and two of those three most likely wont make the team next week.

please can anyone tell me when Penrith has ever had this much depth???

Wow
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath.

We just played. And won.
With two very young halves, a fullback with no attacking momentum.

won easily.

and two of those three most likely wont make the team next week.

please can anyone tell me when Penrith has ever had this much depth???

Good depth in the forwards, not so much in the backs. A little skinny there. FB is okay, but centres & wingers is lacking.

The_Frog

First Grade
At 31 and 800k a yr he's past his best tamou no deal.
Highly doubtful he's on that now. $400k/yr for two years, that's what I'd give him. But those who wield the chequebook might think he's surplus to requirements. If he has to move on he's paying the price for a lacklustre first couple of years.

Highly doubtful he's on that now. $400k/yr for two years, that's what I'd give him. But those who wield the chequebook might think he's surplus to requirements. If he has to move on he's paying the price for a lacklustre first couple of years.

If they have a replacement lined up who’ll take less than what he’s asking it might be worth going that way. Gives a bit more money to fix our backline depth. But I’d be comfortable with a 2 year in the 400k range.

The Realist

Juniors
No way he could get 800k next year, but I wouldn’t say he’s playing badly. He ran for 182m tonight in only 45 mins, that’s a pretty good effort. 70 post contact meters too.

I’d give him a 2 year deal at 450-500k. (Assuming the salary cap stays the same)

He has several years of being on 200-400K overs. I wouldn't pay anymore than 400K for him, probably 300K.

betcats

Referee
Our forward pack is deep and has two of the best forwards in the comp in Fish and Kikau. We go to the bench and really don’t get much of a drop off, Moses and Tetevano rip in and could be starters easily.

Capewell has slotted in nicely the last two weeks also, scored a try and really is a quality low mistake player.