What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Skilled Park - Tickets

AJ_82

Juniors
Ok folks - the date is now announced and we should probably try to organise some form of seating arrangement i.e. get a bunch of names together and buy the tickets together. Unfortunately Skilled Park is one of those grounds where there is no gen admin, everyone has to sit in the allocated seat they are given.

Away supporters bay from memory is S14, Queensland Supporters Group usually does a section for those who wish to be with them, but they close off early so we usually do our own seating.

I am still tossing up if I can make it up for a Friday but would be keen to get everyone who is going post on here so we can tee up with Skilled Park to get a group of tickets together.

saint-colesy

Juniors
Yeah, the sh*t we went through a few years back was a disaster.

Is it possible to speak to either our club or theres and purchase a block of 20 tickets or so?

The Major

Bench
It might pay to have a word directly with the titans club themselves. From memory clubs like Canberra tend to be very accomodating in helping us with group tickets. However with it being bloody reserved seating, which just baffles me for behind the posts at a standard match, we may need to take a more proactive course of action. Can someone get ahold of Mr. Nunn from up there in the QLD supporters group or one of his colleagues and give us an idea of when we should get our numbers in by. I'd say the safest option would be to go through them fellas as they are already up there, have more of an edumacated plan, plus best of all it's just one set of people to deal with rather then people down here, people up there, and everyone else in between. And don't worry about taking the oversized banners guys, we registered them when we went there once before and still got hammered for having them. Security and whingeing fans alike. Maybe times have changed? Let's see what the QLD lads might be able to help us with. If we don't have anything cement say by Friday, then we will have a crack at sorting it ourselves, albeit with a little help from each other so we can try and get it so everybody can sit together rather then spread out all over the joint.

St. Linnane

First Grade
I am happy to contact the Titans and see what we can sort out. Happy to also make contact with the QBDS Club too if someone can give me a contact number / email address. How many tickets do you think we will need?

From the other thread:

AJ
Colesy
Major
Major's Boss?
Dragons#1?
St. Linnane
Mrs. St. Linnane
OurRedV
Cooperman
Me So Hornby
Scott Gourley's Love Child
W.B.2.S.O.S
Smacky
St. George Grant + 2
HLH
Ritzley + Daughter
Dragon Dave

19 plus the others like GST, James etc.

We need to have done a deal before 23 March as that is the date they go on sale.

The Major

Bench
I've jus spoken to Greg nunn from the St George QLD supporters group and have received some important information for those heading to the game. IF YOU WANT TO SIT WITH YOUR MATES together instead of being dispersed here, there, and everywhere, then this is what you SHOULD do. Ticketek have allocated 300 tickets to our boys from the north where we normally sit, at the southern end of skilled park. A section has been put aside for the dragons fans and army alike. If you choose not to be in this area, feel free to purchase your tickets by the normal methods at your own leisure. BUT!! if you want to sit in this section, follow these steps.....

1. Contact Ticketek directly and specify you would like a seat/s in the section reserved for the "QLD BASED DRAGONS SUPPORTERS GROUP"
2. Tickets are $29 each all up and are allocated seats.
3. These tickets MUST BE PURCHASED by next Wednesday 24th march at the latest. After then the remaining tickets are handed back to ticketek for re-sale.
4. If your tickets are spread out and you want to sit with your mates, pm me your seat numbers and I'll let the boys up there know and they'll endeavour to shuffle around the seats with others in the same circumstance. So don't panic!
5. If it's not too much trouble, let me know who has purchased tickets so that we can have a better understanding on numbers and be able to assist with this and other issues which may arise.
6. BANNERS AND FLAGS. St Linnane is following up these finer details with the titans and should have an answer on here ASAP.

** So don't forget. MUST BE BOUGHT BY NEXT WEDNESDAY!*** (even though public release hasn't been done yet. Any problems, let me know and I'll follow it up with the Qld boys)

Last edited:

The Major

Bench
Also, here is some information I have found for people wishing to fly up for the game leaving Sydney to Gold Coast. These are the cheapest, feasable ones I found which you all should be able to work with. Bare in mind, these prices are indicitive of today only and may increase as time goes on.

GOING UP.
JetStar.... Fri, 10.45am & 11.20am = $75 (carry on luggage only. Extra $10 if you check in luggage)

Tiger.... Fri, 9.30am = $58 (again, carry on only. $15 extra for luggage)

COMING HOME.
JetStar... Sat, 6.10am, 8.00am, 8.55am = $75. 10.35am = $79. 12.35pm = $99. ( same luggage deal as noted above)
Tiger.... Sat, 11.25am = $58. 3.30pm = $48 ( same luggage deal as noted above)

Like I said, these are the cheapest ones I could find. Obviously everyones time management will be different, but atleast it's something to work with. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

The Major

Bench
Also, for accomodation. The Holiday Inn @ Surfers has a deal on for a 2 x dbl bed room for $119 per night. From memory, the players stay there also, so plenty of good opportunities to have a few quiet ones with the lads away from the hustle n bustle.

St. Linnane

First Grade
I have fired off an email to both the Titans and Skilled Park re banners and flags. Will let you all know the response when it is received.

AJ_82

Juniors
Count me and the missus in - Ray or Vinnie if your buying tickets get 2 for me and ill pay via internet banking or something.

I am happy to contact the Titans and see what we can sort out. Happy to also make contact with the QBDS Club too if someone can give me a contact number / email address. How many tickets do you think we will need?

From the other thread:

AJ
Colesy
Major
Major's Boss?
Dragons#1?
St. Linnane
Mrs. St. Linnane
OurRedV
Cooperman
Me So Hornby
Scott Gourley's Love Child
W.B.2.S.O.S
Smacky
St. George Grant + 2
HLH
Ritzley + Daughter
Dragon Dave

19 plus the others like GST, James etc.

We need to have done a deal before 23 March as that is the date they go on sale.

I won't be able to make it cos i have work