What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

rasaint

Juniors
Hi all posters and particularly BLM 01.

I just had another look frame by frame of the ‘short kick off’. It’s on the NRL app ( about a 20 sec video from kick off to Sua catch). Edrick Lee may have been offside but he got a tremendous leap with momentum over the top of Lomax.

As Lee leapt he also twisted past Lomax almost facing his own goal line, whilst Lomax almost faces back toward his goal line. Lomax slapped the ball backwards with mainly the right hand. Lee‘s right hand looks simultaneously to contact the ball at his very finger tips which spun it sideways for the Sua catch. The catch was effected legally anyway by Sua running back. Lomax did not knock the ball forward. The ball never travelled forward. Sua was not ‘offside’ and furthermore; many I believe have missed the highly probable finger tip knock by Edrick Lee.

Sorry to carry on; but the commentators seemed to go into apoplexy that Sua was offside. They seemed to be so desperately willing a miracle for the knights that all balanced review, comments and perspective of the situation was lost.

BLM01

First Grade
Hi all posters and particularly BLM 01.

I just had another look frame by frame of the ‘short kick off’. It’s on the NRL app ( about a 20 sec video from kick off to Sua catch). Edrick Lee may have been offside but he got a tremendous leap with momentum over the top of Lomax.

As Lee leapt he also twisted past Lomax almost facing his own goal line, whilst Lomax almost faces back toward his goal line. Lomax slapped the ball backwards with mainly the right hand. Lee‘s right hand looks simultaneously to contact the ball at his very finger tips which spun it sideways for the Sua catch. The catch was effected legally anyway by Sua running back. Lomax did not knock the ball forward. The ball never travelled forward. Sua was not ‘offside’ and furthermore; many I believe have missed the highly probable finger tip knock by Edrick Lee.

Sorry to carry on; but the commentators seemed to go into apoplexy that Sua was offside. They seemed to be so desperately willing a miracle for the knights that all balanced review, comments and perspective of the situation was lost.
Well Joey is on the Knights staff and Gus...well you know why.
And the commentator is on Gus's side in everything
So no surprises about apoplexy

Ted bartolo

Juniors
Sutton?
But seriously i wish we could have a win without the opposition coach or media focussing on a wrong (offisde?) decision in one of their kick offs and thinking they were dudded by the refs.
I was there and we bombed how many? tries and goal kicks and dominated field position.
They scored some good off the cuff tries (some poor scramble defence by us) but this time I thought we deserved that win..without my red and white eyes painted on
LP

Yow

Juniors
Lomax should be practising his goal kicking rather than trying to imitate Hook. His rate of success has dropped, not that he has had that many goes this year.

He copped a serve from Klemmer as well at the end of the game for being an upstart probably. It paid off though so a little niggle now and then can do wonders to put the opposition off.
Havnt been to a training run but i think you will find out he does practice and i dare say you havnt been to a training run either.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Sutton?
But seriously i wish we could have a win without the opposition coach or media focussing on a wrong (offisde?) decision in one of their kick offs and thinking they were dudded by the refs.
I was there and we bombed how many? tries and goal kicks and dominated field position.
They scored some good off the cuff tries (some poor scramble defence by us) but this time I thought we deserved that win..without my red and white eyes painted on
Mea Culpa, Cummins of course. I guess the name Sutton has caused lasting trauma…

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well Joey is on the Knights staff and Gus...well you know why.
And the commentator is on Gus's side in everything
So no surprises about apoplexy
And the same for Fox.....Alexander death rides us every opportunity he gets...been doing it for years....its pretty common knowledge on here.....carried on and on about Suli getting a touch for a knock on when we scored....even though replays showed his hand was nowhere near the pill......on the other hand there was zero mentioned about Frizzels forward pass to Gagai when he scored...funny that

St Tangles

Bench
Does anyone think Ponga is worth the media circus that comes with his contract talks?

His a good player but is he that good?

Good to see we got the chocolates

only saw the highlights which didn’t include Sims butchering a try.

Happy for Fegai and Amone.Both made meaningful contributions.

Suli, Hunt and Sua playing very well.

Moose offloads give us another dimension.

The much maligned Lawrie had tremendous numbers.

The team looked solid except for the inevitable defensive lapses.

Lomax is unfortunately going backwards. Poor attitude. Needs a kick in the bum from the coaching staff to get him back on track. 2-3 weeks in reserve grade will either see him wake up, but most likely will see him seek a new club. Either way I am not fussed. I can see Ramsey or Fegai 2 slotting into the centre role.

Dragons154

Juniors
And the same for Fox.....Alexander death rides us every opportunity he gets...been doing it for years....its pretty common knowledge on here.....carried on and on about Suli getting a touch for a knock on when we scored....even though replays showed his hand was nowhere near the pill......on the other hand there was zero mentioned about Frizzels forward pass to Gagai when he scored...funny that

I agree about brandy death riding us in previous years. But to his defence, he was one of the only “experts” tipping us to make the 8 at the start of the season.

onto the game.

I thought Mybe had some nice touches and was very secure at the back.

bird had a couple of nice kicks, but is too slow and just doesn’t threaten the line. Like amone would.

Su’a, molo and moose really gave us some momentum.

hunt apart from a couple of his last play options was good.

Suli was excellent and looked a threat every time he touched the ball.

feigai looks a class above Ramsey and co

Lomax needs to stay away from the media, his not even close too being an origin centre atm. His antics on frizzell were as cringe worthy as Thisyears belief that his funny in a game day thread.

denis preston

First Grade
Good to see we got the chocolates

only saw the highlights which didn’t include Sims butchering a try.

Happy for Fegai and Amone.Both made meaningful contributions.

Suli, Hunt and Sua playing very well.

Moose offloads give us another dimension.

The much maligned Lawrie had tremendous numbers.

The team looked solid except for the inevitable defensive lapses.

Lomax is unfortunately going backwards. Poor attitude. Needs a kick in the bum from the coaching staff to get him back on track. 2-3 weeks in reserve grade will either see him wake up, but most likely will see him seek a new club. Either way I am not fussed. I can see Ramsey or Fegai 2 slotting into the centre role.
He wont leave on the deal the Dragons gave him. The deal that for me has grown his arrogance . No other side would pick him up at those rates.

BLM01

First Grade
Does anyone think Ponga is worth the media circus that comes with his contract talks?

His a good player but is he that good?
Yep..I do but that is just me unbiasedly
Watched him closely yesterday, evrytime he touches the ball looks like something is going to happen oe be created whether it does or not. Heart in mouth stuff for opposition supporters
He had a hand in nearly everything that went good for the Knights

SBD82

Coach
I agree about brandy death riding us in previous years. But to his defence, he was one of the only “experts” tipping us to make the 8 at the start of the season.

onto the game.

I thought Mybe had some nice touches and was very secure at the back.

bird had a couple of nice kicks, but is too slow and just doesn’t threaten the line. Like amone would.

Su’a, molo and moose really gave us some momentum.

hunt apart from a couple of his last play options was good.

Suli was excellent and looked a threat every time he touched the ball.

feigai looks a class above Ramsey and co

Lomax needs to stay away from the media, his not even close too being an origin centre atm. His antics on frizzell were as cringe worthy as Thisyears belief that his funny in a game day thread.
@This Year? Copping a sledge from renowned comedic genius and expert in all things funny @Dragons154

My money is on @This Year? leaving you alone mate. Just like your last girlfriend.

SBD82

Coach
🥹
It would be my wish that your mother would leave me alone.
Look mate we’ve been through this.

If you stop masturbating outside her window we’ll drop the AVO. I think that’s entirely fair. The poor flower bed just isn’t coping.