What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

jeffdragon

Bench
That was a really gusty performance from our men and shows what some of us have been saying that we need to give this team and coach some time!

Some really impressive stats that show they're learning some lessons:
-87% completion rate, wowee!
- Not 1 set restart given away!!!

Suli, Hunt, Sua and Moose all played well and McCullough with the barge over try, how good!!!
I been waiting for Macca to actually score from dummy half since he got here.
I had to wait a long time.
Finally today.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can’t agree re lawrie. If we watch the Gagai try back, just look at his effort (if that’s what you can even call it). Needs to be dropped for woods next week in my opinion.
I'll watch it again. But I was impressed when he fended off a would-be tackler by pushing his head into the turf thereby setting up a try.
We need our forwards to do this every week.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Did anyone notice during his massive botched try, Tariq Sims held the football in his right hand. The only defender Ponga was closing in front the right. So not only did he not look to offload to his winger he could not have fended off the only defender. A lose-lose option. Has football nous been coached out of Tariq or has it never been there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Did anyone notice during his massive botched try, Tariq Sims held the football in his right hand. The only defender Ponga was closing in front the right. So not only did he not look to offload to his winger he could not have fended off the only defender. A lose-lose option. Has football nous been coached out of Tariq or has it never been there.
He should have turned into a winger at that point, head towards the corner and he would have scored. Easy for us to say.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
He was our captain. When the kerfuffle happened there were lots of Saints jerseys around him smiling and it was obvious they were mates.
Dumb Joey Johns and Gould were trying to make out that it was serious but it was quickly water under the bridge.
The commentary was crap.
I thought it was an idiotic action that could have cost us, Klemmer had a go at Lomax after the game so I think not all happy with what he did. Agree Friz would be great if still with us but from memory he wanted out at the time

carltonsouth79

First Grade
I'll watch it again. But I was impressed when he fended off a would-be tackler by pushing his head into the turf thereby setting up a try.
We need our forwards to do this every week.
one of Blake’s best for us today I thought. We were lucky though with the six agains; he held on a long time in most of his tackles and could have given away a lot of restarts with a different ref

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought it was an idiotic action that could have cost us, Klemmer had a go at Lomax after the game so I think not all happy with what he did. Agree Friz would be great if still with us but from memory he wanted out at the time
So you think the Klem thing is connected with the Friz thing? How do you know this?

be55

Juniors
I can’t agree re lawrie. If we watch the Gagai try back, just look at his effort (if that’s what you can even call it). Needs to be dropped for woods next week in my opinion.
Just some food for thought as far as Lawrie's performance goes...

58 mins off the bench
19 runs (equal most of any forward)
172 meters (most of any forward)
57 post contact meters (most of any forward)
17 hit ups (most of any forward)
25 Tackles with only 1 miss (least missed tackles of any forward)

Something tells me the chances of him being dropped next week are pretty much zero...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
one of Blake’s best for us today I thought. We were lucky though with the six agains; he held on a long time in most of his tackles and could have given away a lot of restarts with a different ref
We got the six agains because the Newcastle defence were consistently offside. Our forwards were bending them back throughout the match.
Nothing to do with 'luck'.

Dragon David

First Grade
If we had've lost today, blame Sims. He botched a certain try which could have been 6 points and us leading 14-0 when the run by Sims was halted by Ponga and Sims wanted all the glory rather than to pass to Matt Feagai who was unmarked.