What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

carltonsouth79

First Grade
We got the six agains because the Newcastle defence were consistently offside. Our forwards were bending them back throughout the match.
Nothing to do with 'luck'.
Not meaning lucky in general, agree with our forwards much better efforts today. My view was that Blake pushed the boundaries with holding on to the ball carriers arms for a long time in most of his tackles and from memory in previous games he has given away a number of six agains but Sutton more forgiving on him today I thought.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don’t know, just surmising as he singled him out after the game and was certainly remonstrating with him about something, guessing it was the Friz incident but no proof
OK. So just a guess. Zac could have been sledging about the length of Klemmer's Wang. Equally valid?

BLM01

First Grade
Not meaning lucky in general, agree with our forwards much better efforts today. My view was that Blake pushed the boundaries with holding on to the ball carriers arms for a long time in most of his tackles and from memory in previous games he has given away a number of six agains but Sutton more forgiving on him today I thought.
Sutton?
But seriously i wish we could have a win without the opposition coach or media focussing on a wrong (offisde?) decision in one of their kick offs and thinking they were dudded by the refs.
I was there and we bombed how many? tries and goal kicks and dominated field position.
They scored some good off the cuff tries (some poor scramble defence by us) but this time I thought we deserved that win..without my red and white eyes painted on

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Well there you go we held the ball and our nerve and fell over the line. The game came alive in the second half I was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. The ref had some opportunities to screw us and one big blunder was when Blake Lawrie was pinged for a knock on and he didn't even touch the ball IMO. We were lucky in this game we need that to continue.

BLM01

First Grade
I can’t agree re lawrie. If we watch the Gagai try back, just look at his effort (if that’s what you can even call it). Needs to be dropped for woods next week in my opinion.
You obviously did not see Woods walking and plodding around in reserve grade. If you watched it you would not be calling for him to come back

Parko1310

Juniors
Just some food for thought as far as Lawrie's performance goes...

58 mins off the bench
19 runs (equal most of any forward)
172 meters (most of any forward)
57 post contact meters (most of any forward)
17 hit ups (most of any forward)
25 Tackles with only 1 miss (least missed tackles of any forward)

Something tells me the chances of him being dropped next week are pretty much zero...
Not saying those stats are bad by any means. However, at 9 metres per run you can see he’s taking hit ups, but not really bending the line much. Not to mention, despite coming off the bench he had the most minutes of any forward bar Su’a who’s a second rower. So, him having the most runs, etc. is not exactly shocking. (Su’a had more PCM as well according to NRL.com stats).

Anyway despite Lawrie’s stats which I believe to be misleading, some of the things he does are just not first grade standard. For example, the lead up to the gagai try, constant set restart and penalties conceded (which he was lucky to get away with a number of times today), the slowness of his play the ball and the fact that he turns his back in defence routinely. He just doesn’t offer much in my opinion. Happy to accept that people will disagree but that’s my take on him.

thebigredv

First Grade
Told you guys we will come good… onto the next thanks

I think next round will go a long way to tell if we are coming good.

It's nice to win a game we usually lose. That aspect is not lost on me.

Still feels like we will be battling out down the lower end of the ladder with all things considered. Let's see if we can put consistent performances together.

epDragon62

First Grade
one of Blake’s best for us today I thought. We were lucky though with the six agains; he held on a long time in most of his tackles and could have given away a lot of restarts with a different ref
Blocker is just ineffective and aside from his nice long pass for the Feagai try his effort doesn't equal outcomes. There are at least three middles at the club that I'd have in front of him.

Latest posts