What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

rasaint

Juniors
A bit harsh on Gitano random dragon.

I have never had a big opinion of Zac. I certainly think he is NRL standard and a reasonably good ( not very good) goal kicker. Goalkicking probably got him an extra $200k + a year on his very long term bonanza $$$ contract.

At the reported coin he is on he should be a lot better. Not bog slow but lacks dash. Good front on tackler but struggles against top class centres particularly laterally. ( Best, Critchon, Manu, Mitchell, Staggs only a few examples). Last night he showed Best a little room on the outside and got palmed off and left for dead for the Pongia try.
In fairness, Zac will occasionally do something very good such as a top line high catch or pass to Rava. He even made a strong break against South’s week before ( surprise). Yet, most standard NRL centres will do something extra on occasion.

Its true we all have our own opinions, fair enough. Of course, prodigious in his teens but now in his 5th NRL season Zac is what he is. Basically middle level standard centre who is a reasonably good goal kicker.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
A
I agree about brandy death riding us in previous years. But to his defence, he was one of the only “experts” tipping us to make the 8 at the start of the season.

onto the game.

I thought Mybe had some nice touches and was very secure at the back.

bird had a couple of nice kicks, but is too slow and just doesn’t threaten the line. Like amone would.

Su’a, molo and moose really gave us some momentum.

hunt apart from a couple of his last play options was good.

Suli was excellent and looked a threat every time he touched the ball.

feigai looks a class above Ramsey and co

Lomax needs to stay away from the media, his not even close too being an origin centre atm. His antics on frizzell were as cringe worthy as Thisyears belief that his funny in a game day thread.
Agree with all your comments here Dragons154. Suli and Feigai combination starting to excite.

Illusion

Bench
Not like I know much about playing at a v high level but hey
But hay what ? We have had this out before about big noting yourself on here and I have told you that my level of footy played is higher than you ..... But that doesn't make me or you any better than a lot of posters on here that , have a lot of NRL knowledge better than you and me ....... So get off your high horse ....... Your entitled to your opinion and that's about it ......

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Fox Sports mini (20min) version of highlights does not show the Tariq's bombed try. That was one of the key moments of the game and it cant make the most important 20 minutes of the game - that stuns me!
Ponga did to Simms what my old man used to say Clive Churchill used to do: charge the runner before he knows what hit him, rather than wait. Ponga went up big time in my estimation yesterday. Not too many of todays fullbacks defend as well as they did in the past imo.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Havnt been to a training run but i think you will find out he does practice and i dare say you havnt been to a training run either.
You got me there Yow.

Even though he might be practising at training, I think he needs to do a lot more.

I remember when we just beat the Storm in 2020 under the watch of Mary and we only beat them because young Ryan Papenhuyzen couldn't convert tries in good kicking positions. Since then and particularly this year, because last year he was out a fair time with his head injury given to him by our Fuimaono and Hynes did a fair bit, he has kicked goals from all over the place. He is in my opinion a better kicker than Lomax at the moment and that is due to many hours a week practising.

Lomax doesn't curve his kicks and they are straight line kicks. If his aim isn't on, he misses.

Practise makes perfect.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep..I do but that is just me unbiasedly
Watched him closely yesterday, evrytime he touches the ball looks like something is going to happen oe be created whether it does or not. Heart in mouth stuff for opposition supporters
He had a hand in nearly everything that went good for the Knights
He hasn't reached peak fitness this year with getting over his injury and if he was playing for a club like the Storm or Roosters, he would be absolutely killing it in my opinion.

In yesterdays game, he was a danger virtually every time he got the ball. So I agree, he is worth the media circus and the attention he has been given as he is extremely likely to be joining Wayne's Circus World.

TruSaint

Referee
As posted during the game itself, Suli is delivering what we all know he can.

Yesterday's stats off our Club website.

Try assists 2
Line breaks 1
Tackle breaks 9
Post contact metres 63
Offloads 2
Total running metres 177.

Give this beast early ball pls. Tremendous effort.

Yow

Juniors
You got me there Yow.

Even though he might be practising at training, I think he needs to do a lot more.

I remember when we just beat the Storm in 2020 under the watch of Mary and we only beat them because young Ryan Papenhuyzen couldn't convert tries in good kicking positions. Since then and particularly this year, because last year he was out a fair time with his head injury given to him by our Fuimaono and Hynes did a fair bit, he has kicked goals from all over the place. He is in my opinion a better kicker than Lomax at the moment and that is due to many hours a week practising.

Lomax doesn't curve his kicks and they are straight line kicks. If his aim isn't on, he misses.

Practise makes perfect.
All good

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hi all posters and particularly BLM 01.

I just had another look frame by frame of the ‘short kick off’. It’s on the NRL app ( about a 20 sec video from kick off to Sua catch). Edrick Lee may have been offside but he got a tremendous leap with momentum over the top of Lomax.

As Lee leapt he also twisted past Lomax almost facing his own goal line, whilst Lomax almost faces back toward his goal line. Lomax slapped the ball backwards with mainly the right hand. Lee‘s right hand looks simultaneously to contact the ball at his very finger tips which spun it sideways for the Sua catch. The catch was effected legally anyway by Sua running back. Lomax did not knock the ball forward. The ball never travelled forward. Sua was not ‘offside’ and furthermore; many I believe have missed the highly probable finger tip knock by Edrick Lee.

Sorry to carry on; but the commentators seemed to go into apoplexy that Sua was offside. They seemed to be so desperately willing a miracle for the knights that all balanced review, comments and perspective of the situation was lost.
I liked this post last night, just wanted to say I like it just as much the next day.

be55

Juniors
Not like I know much about playing at a v high level but hey
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Latest posts