What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Manly

Carlton

Juniors
Refs are paid professionals...just like football players are..who also make mistakes EVERY game. As do taxi drivers, politicians, bread makers, CEOs, you and I.

They should be held accountable and fans can call out bad performances...I agree 100%

All I'm saying is that bad ref decisions are always going to occur in every game, just in the same way bad dropped balls are going to happen.

It's all a part of the game. And the more focus has become zero'd in on referee decisions, video refs, trying to eliminate bad decisions altogether, using better technology, super slow motion, more referees on the field, etc... The more we've done this the more people feel angered and get wound up about bad decisions. In the early-mid 90s bad decisions happened throughout a game but nobody dwelled on it as much as they do today... They JUST GOT ONE WITH IT at the end of the day and the game felt more free flowing, open, and exciting. Today everyone wants to find a reason to feel hard done by...sometimes even if they win the game Haha it's incredible.

Next time we get a bad decision I'm gonna be annoyed, but I'm going to realise it was just our turn and it's all part of the drama too. It's always been that way and always will be.

The problem for me is that the calls do not even out, some players and teams get the rub of the green continuously. This is one of the reasons fans are so fed up with the refereeing.

I am not just directing this at the referees themselves but also the NRL administration. They change rules, interpretations and penalties for offences whenever it suits them to help certain teams. The funny thing is the teams that scream the loudest are actually the ones getting the helping hand.

getsmarty

Immortal
The problem for me is that the calls do not even out, some players and teams get the rub of the green continuously. This is one of the reasons fans are so fed up with the refereeing.

I am not just directing this at the referees themselves but also the NRL administration. They change rules, interpretations and penalties for offences whenever it suits them to help certain teams. The funny thing is the teams that scream the loudest are actually the ones getting the helping hand.

100% correct...did you see the amount of Forward passes Smith threw against the Roosters...He never gets pulled up.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Not trying to pick whole in the team. But I know cam is captain but who has more right on the field the 5/8 or dummyhalf. Just notice last night on 3 occasion. Norman called the for the ball and cam deliberately ignored him and they were all close the try line and Norman was really getting frustrated. To me the halves should have first say they call for it theu should get and who know could of been more tries

The above was written by someone...not me...on a different forum elsewhere.

LOL yourself.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If we're really going on anecdotal evidence, I regularly post on about 4 different communities other than this one and McInnes has not been criticised in any.

It’s not so much anecdotal, rather, subjective views of those who contribute. So, no one has critiqued McInnes in any “community” you frequent? This just highlights that there are many out there in Cyberspace.

since77

Juniors
Not according to other fans on different forums.

Take your Rein coloured glasses off - they make you look silly. Read the dragons forum 321 for last night- people who actually watch the side every week.
There's only 1 NSW hooker playing better than Mc Innes at the moment (and in 2018) and thats Cook.
Cook is always going to pip McIness in the creativity area and be ahead of him for rep honours but Mc Inness is a pretty handy bridesmaid to have as next in line.
Also is showing himself to be true captain material. Excellent performance last night.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Take your Rein coloured glasses off - they make you look silly. Read the dragons forum 321 for last night- people who actually watch the side every week.
There's only 1 NSW hooker playing better than Mc Innes at the moment (and in 2018) and thats Cook.
Cook is always going to pip McIness in the creativity area and be ahead of him for rep honours but Mc Inness is a pretty handy bridesmaid to have as next in line.
Also is showing himself to be true captain material. Excellent performance last night.

Not trying to pick whole in the team. But I know cam is captain but who has more right on the field the 5/8 or dummyhalf. Just notice last night on 3 occasion. Norman called the for the ball and cam deliberately ignored him and they were all close the try line and Norman was really getting frustrated. To me the halves should have first say they call for it theu should get and who know could of been more tries

The above was written by an unknown person on a different forum elsewhere.

Clearly, not everyone agrees with your exaggerated, assessment of McInnes’ performance last night.

This view echos my view.

Rein? You mentioned him, not me.

TruSaint

Referee

The above was written by an unknown person on a different forum elsewhere.

Clearly, not everyone agrees with your exaggerated, assessment of McInnes’ performance last night.

This view echos my view.

Rein? You mentioned him, not me.

Jimmy,

If that was posted by someone else, doesnt matter.

During the game, I posted in this forum ( maybe JA), , that cam was running again, and some of his tackles where straight from the textbook. He is a very smart footy player whom is now a leader. he is in the elite level of hookers in the game.

In fact i think the Captaincy has taken his game to a new level. Sometimes, it works the other way. Not with Cam.

he is consistently in out top 2-3 players week in week out.

Personally, I love his commitment, work ethic and leadership. I note as well, that most commentators last night and today suggest he is playing above his weight and is integral in our success.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Jimmy,

During the game, I posted in this forum ( maybe JA), , that cam was running again, and some of his tackles where straight from the textbook. He is a very smart footy player whom is now a leader. he is in the elite level of hookers in the game.

In fact i think the Captaincy has taken his game to a new level. Sometimes, it works the other way. Not with Cam.

Personally, I love his commitment, work ethic and leadership. I note as well, that most commentators last night and today suggest he is playing above his weight and is integral in our success.

Someone else’s opinion doesn’t matter!

Gotcha.

getsmarty

Immortal
Jimmy,

Mate..just leave it...Some people just like to argue ..as someone else said..its like talking to a door knob........

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Mate..just leave it...Some people just like to argue ..as someone else said..its like talking to a door knob........

Yet, you’re the one who responded to one of my posts that was directed to somebody else....

Using your analogy, I’ll be the door and you’ll be the knob.

TruSaint

Referee
Someone else’s opinion doesn’t matter!

Gotcha.

No mate,
Im sorry I should have been clearer.

You said that the quote was from some one else.

Yet you posted it without reference to any one else. So you either agreed or endorsed it yeah ?

Maybe next time let us know when u r quoting some one else from another forum.

Anyway, all good.
I think the post be it a third party or not is off the mark.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No mate,
Im sorry I should have been clearer.

You said that the quote was from some one else.

Yet you posted it without reference to any one else. So you either agreed or endorsed it yeah ?

Maybe next time let us know when u r quoting some one else from another forum.

Anyway, all good.
I think the post be it a third party or not is off the mark.

Given my previous remarks, it should be clear that I would be advocating the sentiments made by that third party.

Where it came from is moot. The fact is other fans weren’t immersed with McInnes’s performance either.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Brilliant stuff...you been saving that one up...Why don't you enjoy the win and the holiday weekend...

P.S There's no need to get abusive...have a good weekend Jimmy.

Abusive? I repudiate that wholeheartedly as you’re the one who used the “door knob” analogy.

The inference and the intended recipient was obvious.