What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Raiders

thebigredv

First Grade
Did JDB hit the line or bend it back once?

It looked to me he offloaded before the line on every play.

Wasted as a player
Great defensive player, and yes, we need more of those, but I'd be more keen to have him around on half the current pay packet, especially given all that's transpired over the years.

He does care a lot but that leg pull today was a perfect example of something senior players wouldn't be allowed to get away with at any good club. Ultimately, for his great tackling, it helped the Raider to victory.

be55

Juniors
We have bigger problems than this but...

Hunt is a hooker that is masquerading as a halfback...

His effort i can't knock, but his decision making on when to attack and how, and how to build pressure, manage and ice a game, are not what you need out of a genuine 7.

And the fact that he is so central in everything we do, as far as our attack is concerned, is why our attack is a so aimless at times, especially inside the opposition twenty.

Move him to dummy-half, Sullivan to halfback and let Hunt try to help manage the game from 9. He can kick from dummy-half and help to build pressure that way. He'll still have a significant say in what happens on the field from that role.

I'm sure Sullivan still has much to learn in the halfback role but give him time now and perhaps we'll reap the benefits next year.

The season is heading towards been over, especially with the tough games we have coming up. Time to look to the future. Hunt at 7 isn't it...

Time to pass the torch...

Parko1310

Juniors
We have bigger problems than this but...

Hunt is a hooker that is masquerading as a halfback...

His effort i can't knock, but his decision making on when to attack and how, and how to build pressure, manage and ice a game, are not what you need out of a genuine 7.

And the fact that he is so central in everything we do, as far as our attack is concerned, is why our attack is a so aimless at times, especially inside the opposition twenty.

Move him to dummy-half, Sullivan to halfback and let Hunt try to help manage the game from 9. He can kick from dummy-half and help to build pressure that way. He'll still have a significant say in what happens on the field from that role.

I'm sure Sullivan still has much to learn in the halfback role but give him time now and perhaps we'll reap the benefits next year.

The season is heading towards been over, especially with the tough games we have coming up. Time to look to the future. Hunt at 7 isn't it...

Time to pass the torch...
The season was over last week, we needed those two points. This has just put another nail in the coffin. I've completely given up on this team in 2023

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, really pleased for Tau Tau Moga. 4 ACL reconstructions and goes on for his first NRL game this season and barges over in heavy traffic and then sprints 65 metres and never looked like being caught. At his best was near best centre in the comp. BTW always gains good ground with strong carrys.

That was a very sympathetic ref call on 50/50 strip which really won the game for them. Looked like Musgrove getting up to play the ball. Curious try but Raiders got the luck and played to the whistle.

Sua played his heart out. A terrific player for us.

Last comment but to repeat myself for years now. Lomax is so ordinary, the club needs to cut him loose. Just accept we will need to pay some other team about $200k ( or more) for 3 seasons ? to take him off or hands.

maestro1

Bench
This team has no footy IQ.
Starting with the coach in not selecting Sullivan and Max Feargai. Then wasting an interchange before kickoff so he could start Mbye ( Mbye is too fxcking slow). Then when we need to score points, he takes Liddle off to compound the mistake he made before kickoff.
Debelin's leg lift. The 2 strips, Lawrie's stupid hold down on the 5th tackle to give a repeat set. Bird's late tackle on Jamal. Hunt's 2 passed to forwards when we needed to go out the back. The Raiders won every short kick challenge. Yes 100% of the short kickoffs. Counting the 3 last week, and we are officially the worst short kickoff exponents. So why do we even try it. Kick it deep and make them earn the metres. We can't win the short kickoff anyway.
SLOW AND DUMB AS DOGSHIT.

Parko1310

Juniors
Hi All, really pleased for Tau Tau Moga. 4 ACL reconstructions and goes on for his first NRL game this season and barges over in heavy traffic and then sprints 65 metres and never looked like being caught. At his best was near best centre in the comp. BTW always gains good ground with strong carrys.

That was a very sympathetic ref call on 50/50 strip which really won the game for them. Looked like Musgrove getting up to play the ball. Curious try but Raiders got the luck and played to the whistle.

Last comment but to repeat myself for years now. Lomax is so ordinary, the club needs to cut him loose. Just accept we will need to pay some other team about $200k ( or more) for 3 seasons ? to take him off or hands.
Tigers are losing Tommy Talau, they'll take Lomax at cut price surely.

maestro1

Bench
Lomax is not our biggest problem. He'll improve with the team. Our biggest problem is a lack of genuine speed and dumb footy IQ across the team.

Mbye is our biggest selection issue. Our attack is disjointed, slow, clunky and predictable with Mbye on. Sullivan and Max Feargai have to be selected and Liddle to play 80 minutes. Mbye..... Only at 14 if anything.

Parko1310

Juniors
Lomax is not our biggest problem. He'll improve with the team. Our biggest problem is a lack of genuine speed and dumb footy IQ across the team.

Mbye is our biggest selection issue. Our attack is disjointed, slow, clunky and predictable with Mbye on. Sullivan and Max Feargai have to be selected and Liddle to play 80 minutes. Mbye..... Only at 14 if anything.
Mbye is bad, the biggest handbrake our attack has actually. But Lomax is a big, big problem with this team. He is so bad it's not funny. Costs us at least one try every week, can't kick, runs his winger out of room, makes dumb decisions and looks to be doing random shit on the field with literally no purpose. I saw him jump "for the ball" today when the ball was actually about 5 metres to his left. He genuinely went up and jumped for no purpose, but just because he felt like jumping.

Hills Dragon

Juniors

It just won’t happen. For reasons I can’t comprehend Griffin seems to be infatuated with Mbye.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Mbye is bad, the biggest handbrake our attack has actually. But Lomax is a big, big problem with this team. He is so bad it's not funny. Costs us at least one try every week, can't kick, runs his winger out of room, makes dumb decisions and looks to be doing random shit on the field with literally no purpose. I saw him jump "for the ball" today when the ball was actually about 5 metres to his left. He genuinely went up and jumped for no purpose, but just because he felt like jumping.
Is that you Gitano? 😆😆 Lomax does need a stint in KOE cup to improve his defence and get some confidence back in his attack. Practice his goal kicking too. Maybe Hook could move back to his favoured side?

jeffdragon

Bench

He wax the least of our worries.
Should of pinned the ears back when he was taken into touch.

Parko1310

Juniors
Is that you Gitano? 😆😆 Lomax does need a stint in KOE cup to improve his defence and get some confidence back in his attack. Practice his goal kicking too. Maybe Hook could move back to his favoured side?
It doesn't have anything to do with the side he's on, Lomax was poor last year too. He came into grade with defensive issues and hasn't improved on them, it's like watching euan aitken again. The reality is Lomax's best game came against the eels in 2021 early in that year, and in that game he just got physical and made the right calls defensively. He needs to simplify his game down to just doing that week in week out, which he clearly isn't capable of. He's just not that good a footballer.

Latest posts