What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @Bathurst

Fangs

Coach
Good 15 minutes from the Tigers then we took over the game.

Tupou off which is a big loss. They didn't pick a back utility.

Hoping for a big secone half and we shut them out quickly.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
So it took an injury to Edwards for Laurie to get on. He just doesn't work as a 14 and it hamstrings our whole side.

Our forwards are also playing like bitches apart for Yeo who's the best forward I've seen in my 38 years on this planet

Takeaways:

Yeo - carried the side through the middle third. Lead well and he was the calming factor out there when Panthers looked out of sorts at times.

Alamoti - great club debut. Classy in attack and great in defence. Could be a smokey to take that wing or center spot should Turuva leave.

Edwards - awesome knock again. Works his butt off, hopefully he didn’t pick up an injury and it was a precautionary benching.

1st half - very sloppy, not because of errors but just getting started into the game. Resembled trying to start a cold engine in the middle of winter at 4am.

2nd half - much better but a few penalties and errors crept it. Tigers own errors I think opened the game up more than Panthers play.

Defence - all the critical items aside their scramble defence was great. Sure Tigers spilt ball on the last when they broke the line but Panthers scramble forced those errors.

Fish and Leota - off start but their second stint was much better. Looked like they found their groove.

Smith - good game, did a job and made a few half breaks. Getting better each game. He will be the Fish number 1 replacement.

Enjoy the win, albeit it scrappy - they got there. 2 wins 1 loss and a bye in the 4 weeks Cleary was out. Not a bad run.

Last edited:
So it took an injury to Edwards for Laurie to get on. He just doesn't work as a 14 and it hamstrings our whole side.

Our forwards are also playing like bitches apart for Yeo who's the best forward I've seen in my 38 years on this planet
Once Cleary is back, Schneider to 14 I think. He is a good defender and I think he can provide something off the bench as half lock or hooking cover seeing Garner can play center forcing a center to wing. Thoughts?

Panther Mike

Juniors
Not a great display by any means, especially the first half but ground it out like I expect us to and won by a comfortable margin despite it looking quite concerning at stages with a lack of field position.

Fingers crossed that Dylan is ok 👌

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Not a great display by any means, especially the first half but ground it out like I expect us to and won by a comfortable margin despite it looking quite concerning at stages with a lack of field position.

Fingers crossed that Dylan is ok 👌
Good excuse for him not to be picked for NSW (it should be Turbo anyways) and we need him to pick up points during Origin.

Fangs

Coach
Good win.

Tigers played well enough. I'll conceede they are showing some improvement. But they aren't going to keep up with us.

Was really happy with those sets on our line in the second half. At 10-6 we could have handed it back to the Tigers. Determined work when we clearly aren't at our best.

That JFH try can be a reset for him. The guy is a beast. Hope he goes berserk against the Cowboy forwards next week.