What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. North Queensland Cowboys @Townsville

Chins get the wins

First Grade
No I have no idea. But forgive me for enjoying what was a great win, hugely gutsy performance. I’m not going to bag any of our players that’s not my style. You do, consistently and doing tonight non stop. Just keep posting negatives it obviously makes you feel good. I’m just going to enjoy a great win.
I don't feel anyway about it. I enjoy discussing the game and IF someone has an opposing opinion that makes sense I f**king love it. You just offer sweet f**k all

Iamback

Coach
Well sorry. I think it was great. I’m not going to apologise for enjoying our win. It is a positive we held on despite the mountain and momentum they enjoyed for basically the hole game.

So what was great about it?

The fact we had 2 tries handed to us?
Or we had no way to get momentum back?

We defended well but the rest was poor

The Realist

Juniors
Great win. Tough conditions but got the two points.

I still like Laurie on the bench. We had 40-odd% possession in the hottest stadium in the league and won without him coming on; for me it shows an insurance premium we can afford!!

Yeah, but he is no Papenhausen or even Hynes. We'd be better off with a centre/2nd rower who can play a bit of ball. Someone like Peachey or Cole.

Kilkenny

Coach
So what was great about it?

The fact we had 2 tries handed to us?
Or we had no way to get momentum back?

We defended well but the rest was poor
Two points for starters, by all means go to bed tonight depressed your a sad sack just like chins. It’s pathetic.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah Ivan hamstring us with only 16 players will be a disaster in September. Hopefully we figure that out soon

Not just that. It is power off it, Manly and now Cows are by no means great packs but have owned us in 2 of our last 3 games. Tigers game the packs were even.

John Hamblin

Juniors
BEST win of the year . Huge defensive effort. Ref was absolutely ordinary. Dyl was easily man of the match. Manly then Cows HUGE ref calls for home team. Next home game lets all RIDE the ref and make sure we get our fair share of the ref calls. Bi. zza unbeliveable The win clearly shows our coulture. Could not be prouder of OUR team!!!!!!!!

Yeah Ivan hamstring us with only 16 players will be a disaster in September. Hopefully we figure that out soon
I do admire you.

You just can’t help saying foolish things. Every year you predict doom and gloom, suggesting the coaching staff aren’t up to it. But you get up, dust yourself off, and go again. The James Maloney of the Panthers forum.

age.s

First Grade
Only you would find positives in almost blowing a 24-4 lead
What sort of logic is that? Bursting out to a 20 point lead wouldn't be a positive then? If you'd offered us a 6 point win this morning we'd have been mad not to have taken it.

Footy isn't played without context. The way the game went for us, particularly in that second half holding on the way we did under that amount of pressure in those conditions was extremely impressive. This wasn't the meme Cowboys either, they were well up for it in front of a big crowd.

If I had to find negatives:
We dropped way too much ball in the first half
Their second was a terrible read from Tago
We always seem to find a way to not score a field goal to kill games off

Outside of that it was an outstanding effort, one we'll take an enormous amount of strength from I'd think. Even other teams trolls were in here gloating about no team being able to win with 40% ball in Townsville humidity. Well, we did and the biggest complaint is it should have been more comfortable? But really no positives?

Fmd.

I'd prefer Peachey.

He isn't Mr Popular on here but he plays some minutes tonight. I rate it considering the conditions. We really could have used 17 players tonight.
I think they are worried about Edwards getting injured mid-game. I guess Tito could go to fullback and Peachey into the centre.

age.s

First Grade
Not just that. It is power off it, Manly and now Cows are by no means great packs but have owned us in 2 of our last 3 games. Tigers game the packs were even.
Their pack didn't own us. They had a mountain of position due to errors and penalties.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I do admire you.

You just can’t help saying foolish things. Every year you predict doom and gloom, suggesting the coaching staff aren’t up to it. But you get up, dust yourself off, and go again. The James Maloney of the Panthers forum.
Come on you can do better than this surely

Latest posts