What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs Roosters ANZAC DAY GAME

Coffs dragon

Bench
There is a good football team lurking in this squad.
A few changes in the personnel both on and off the field gives hope for the future.
Happy with the effort today, and looking forward to see Sloan continue to fullfill his potential in the coming seasons.
I’m sure Rooster assistant coach, Jason Ryles may have something to seriously consider to work with in the future.

jeffdragon

Bench
Sloan kicks.
How the f**k does he bottle that one.
Can't believe he didn't score.
I don't care about effort. It's the losses that shit me.
ID RATHER THEY GET BT BY 3O THEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN GIVE US A RAY OF HOPE AND LOSE LIKE THAT.
We have blown 3 games this year already.i'm sick of this,games we should win and threw dumb shit we lose.
Ie Bird,changed the channel hoping challenge was good but typically fcking not.
Once again we can all go on leave after the last game in Sept .
LLLLLL..
Vent over.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Talking about bounces Sloans a bit kick happy.if he waited for the bounce who knows ?

For me you could look back at that match and find 20 'if only' moments. Definitely true but I am happy to see him play some natural footy and the awareness like that will come with experience and confidence in first grade. It's just a shame we may never see Ramsey again because those two out the back would be a undpredictable handful for the opposition. Not to mention the speed, speed, speed!

I don't really look forward to much Dragons related anymore but I will turn up to see players like Tyrell go around.

Draginzaaar

Bench
What dumbass NEW way are these imposters going try and lose this game?….
They are very good at giving away stupid penalties.
They have perfected the art of dropping the ball.
They are number 1 at unforced errors.
The line speed will fall asleep after 15 minutes.
Lomax will kill some old digger in the stands with his crazy goal kicking attempts. And end up in jail.
Musgrove will have the ball stripped and just maybe wake up from his stoned sleep.
OHHH wait they have DONE ALL this last week and the week before.
The chook will put 50 points on these imposters.

Gutsy effort and a real great Anzac battle to the end. Plenty of positives, but the negatives probably cost us the game.
Mbye staying on for the entire 1st half was suicidal
Bird needs to run forward not backwards & sideways
Lomax has lost the art of being a decent goal kicker.
Bird is just dumb. I can't watch him play. Tries to milk penalties all the time when we need a quick play the ball. Runs sideways when we are setting up for a field goal and runs backwards on the last set of the game. Dumb dumb dumb.

denis preston

First Grade
Sloan was amazing and if nothing else, this time next year, with a coach that can operate like it isn't the 1980s, he will be killing it week in, week out. Amone came alive late, which is usually his best period of matches, but I still think Sullivan should get the nod there. He really doesn't seem to pair well with Hunt and stunts much of our attack.
Didn’t think Amone did anything special and is my new king of the over rated club. Johns can make some silly comments. Bud 7 Hunt 6 Liddell 70mins plus Molo , Sua back will make us much more formidable. I’d sack Hook just on hi selections & interchanges alone.

This Year?

Immortal
Normally I'm pissed off after a loss because it's usually an effort/commitment thing.
Today It feels different. There are many positives to take from today. Sloan was fantastic and it was great seeing his combo with Amone. Although our defence was still bad we didn't give up. If this team somehow finds a way to get themselves up like today and fix a few things then I can't be disappointed as a fan. Liddle should have come on after 30 minutes. There are green shoots there. If Sullivan is there instead of Hunt our attack would have looked more dangerous today. If Lomax converts one more it's us celebrating a win.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Well I thought I would start this round, we have heaps of time before the game and a lot happening as well with our coach. The way I see it regardless of our last efforts, if we cant get up for this game and really show some pride for the jumper and club , also our past players, (St George and Steelers) then we are truly a lost cause for the rest of the season.
And the way you saw it was 100% correct.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Normally I'm pissed off after a loss because it's usually an effort/commitment thing.
Today It feels different. There are many positives to take from today. Sloan was fantastic and it was great seeing his combo with Amone. Although our defence was still bad we didn't give up. If this team somehow finds a way to get themselves up like today and fix a few things then I can't be disappointed as a fan. Liddle should have come on after 30 minutes. There are green shoots there. If Sullivan is there instead of Hunt our attack would have looked more dangerous today. If Lomax converts one more it's us celebrating a win.
The problem with this team is. After they play well and have gotten us a little bit excited, they turn into the same shitty team that look like they only met each other the night before the following week.

thebigredv

First Grade
Bird is just dumb. I can't watch him play. Tries to milk penalties all the time when we need a quick play the ball. Runs sideways when we are setting up for a field goal and runs backwards on the last set of the game. Dumb dumb dumb.

Like his physicality but the brains aren't there.

It will be lost from memory but he gave away a very crucial strip penalty early in the match and then dropped the pill on his next hit up. Roosters went bang from there and we were on the back foot. He did a lot of good aggressive stuff but these dumb errors are part and parcel of his game and a team like the Dragons can't afford it from senior players. Still, I am punting Lomax from the team before I am Jack.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Our journey man scored 5 tries. Rooster's team of marquee players scored 4 tries. For every other team in NRL bar us and tigers this will mean victory.
I think it was same story last week against raiders.
We lost on conversions that Lomax missed.
Lomax should be back up kicker not our main kicker and concentrate to improve himself as a centre.
Incoming coach (whoever you will be) please make a note of this. We need a goal kicker.