What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Tigers

Fangs

Coach
The squad gets to let their hair down since Uncle Hook leaves town. Taking advantage of it for sure, Dave's Mate has been going a bit too soft on the boys and now we are reduced to this.

Who exactly does he answer to now? With Gus out the door does he answer directly to the board?

franklin2323

Immortal
I doubt we run out like that. There would be some doubt on Whare finishing the game so would need Edwards in with DWZ as wing

mxlegend99

Referee
The squad gets to let their hair down since Uncle Hook leaves town. Taking advantage of it for sure, Dave's Mate has been going a bit too soft on the boys and now we are reduced to this.

Who exactly does he answer to now? With Gus out the door does he answer directly to the board?
Ivan has always been fairly strict on this sort of discipline. As was Hook.

We cant not discipline players who break the rules simply because it's bad timing or a good player etc.

I was fine with Hook dropping Moylan, Hiku and Blake for breaking rules. I am fine with Cleary doing it. Blake is the idiot we should be mad at. Hopefully it's a wake up call for him.

franklin2323

Immortal
What a load of bullshit.

Scoring a 40 metre try takes more energy than scrambling defensively for 50 metres? Our defensive line was set when Katoa and Tamou missed.

RCG was covering a large space in aline that had not yet recovered from the break. You come up with all sorts of shit to defend every other missed tackle and put the blame on one person. The entire team aside from DWZ and Aekins nred to wear that try. Aekins forced Croker to pass and DWZ was the only player to make his tackle.

But yeah create excuses for everyone else. Even though the same reasoning you use for others easily applies to RCG. Who btw made 43 tackles for only 2 misses.

Edit
43 tackles. Not 42.

You seem to blame everyone else BUT the underperforming senior guys or the coach.

So let me guess the back to back penalties to give them field position for their 2nd try was fine for RCG?

mxlegend99

Referee
You seem to blame everyone else BUT the underperforming senior guys or the coach.

So let me guess the back to back penalties to give them field position for their 2nd try was fine for RCG?
How is blaming everyone who missed tackles instead of singling one guy out blaming everyone except the senior players?

Jfh missed. Tamou missed. They're senior players and wear some blame for that try too. But the guys who missed initially (Katoa and Tamou) were the ones who scattered our defensive line.

Im not letting anyone off scott free. Im just not focusing all the blame on the coach or on specific players. The mess we're in goes way f**king deeper than any of that.

Just as one missed tackle out of 10 or so leading to a try shoildnt be the only one who gets shit talked. The only penalty i recall RCG giving away was the one where Papali offloaded and the penalty was a bit bullshit anyway. But in general our penalties are stupid and pathetic. JFH. Maloney etc..are all guilty of it. All senior players.

franklin2323

Immortal
How is blaming everyone who missed tackles instead of singling one guy out blaming everyone except the senior players?

Jfh missed. Tamou missed. They're senior players and wear some blame for that try too. But the guys who missed initially (Katoa and Tamou) were the ones who scattered our defensive line.

Im not letting anyone off scott free. Im just not focusing all the blame on the coach or on specific players. The mess we're in goes way f**king deeper than any of that.

Just as one missed tackle out of 10 or so leading to a try shoildnt be the only one who gets shit talked. The only penalty i recall RCG giving away was the one where Papali offloaded and the penalty was a bit bullshit anyway. But in general our penalties are stupid and pathetic. JFH. Maloney etc..are all guilty of it. All senior players.

Where have I excused them? On your defending or attacking line is where you want your big players standing up. Atm ours aren't so they get called up about it. Our $2m halves cop it for the same thing at the other end of the field

Ah, well.

I’m not too surprised the season has gone line this. A good coach can come in and read the situation and slowly change things to the way he likes to do them.

A bad coach comes in and changes everything up, which confuses the squad and you then get bad results.

Cleary also had no pressure on him to perform, a 5 year deal will do that.

This’ll be Cleary’s last NRL coaching gig.

Fangs

Coach
Ivan has always been fairly strict on this sort of discipline. As was Hook.

We cant not discipline players who break the rules simply because it's bad timing or a good player etc.

I was fine with Hook dropping Moylan, Hiku and Blake for breaking rules. I am fine with Cleary doing it. Blake is the idiot we should be mad at. Hopefully it's a wake up call for him.

I'm not sure about Dave Mate's discipline anymore.

Players sleeping through alarms/not showing up on time is one thing. But these blokes don't look like they train. And I've heard too many rumours about soft training standards. I fold that into general discipline as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Where have I excused them? On your defending or attacking line is where you want your big players standing up. Atm ours aren't so they get called up about it. Our $2m halves cop it for the same thing at the other end of the field

Right here:
You do realise Katoa was playing centre. JFH had played a full game and moved out of position. Tamou scored a 40 m try before that? RCG plays big minutes anyway. was playing in position.

Those are excuses to shift the blame completely on one player. When really it was a terrible team effort.

BxTom

Bench
My feeling re Blake is it might be worse than they’re letting on. Would you drop someone for just being late?
Mis-read the schedule? For a regular training session? Unlikely. Not too many of the players said they were unhappy under Hook, that's just a rumour posted here. But I think that there is unhappiness now under Dave's mate. Maloney is NOT happy. Discipline is crap and therte is no cohesion.

mxlegend99

Referee
Would never have happened under Griffin. Players didn’t like him, we can see why.

That side was fit, hungry and competitive.

This side is unfit, disorganised and disinterested.
Blake, Moylan and Hiku were dropped for going out on the piss after a loss.

Tyrone Mays videos were filmed last year when he was in charge.

No coach can stop every single player from being idiots. Bellamy and Bennett have had many guys break the rules under them too. Honestly we complain about the players discipline and and attitude. Then complain when the players get disciplined.

Blake is the one who f**ked up. No matter how minor it was... it's his fault.

Kilkenny

Coach
Season is really unravelling at a fast pace and right at this minute it’s difficult to see us turning things around.

I’ve been in Perth for over a week and since the Raiders debacle have tuned out of all things Panthers for my own sanity.

On a side note I was pleased to see Oliver Clark named in the West Tigers 17 for tomorrrow’s nights game. Is this his NRL debut or has he debuted for the Tigers earlier this season? Looking at the West Tigers 17 they are obviously having there own issues but can’t help but feel they will have us covered on Friday night. Thankfully, I’ll miss the game as we are going to see comedian Stephen K Amos so it will be good to have a laugh for an hour or so before I come out and check the full time result. Laughter is the best medicine they say, particularly so when you are a Panthers tragic.