What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Tigers

Not how the club see it, or else they'd have had him plead guilty. Suspect Jimmy will beat the remaining charge and rip Wests to shreds on Friday.

Oh I’m sure the club don’t see it that way, our continued decision making doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

As I said, this isn’t blaming Maloney. He’s given his all. I just think we should be planning for next year.

Panfa

Juniors
Maloney and Cleary have been like water and oil this season id like to see luai cleary on friday night.Playing at a big ground like suncorp i think luai will enjoy the room and big crowd atmosphere his running game will be just what we need.

franklin2323

Immortal
I gave you a like just for the effort that went in that post mx. I don't disagree that Griffin's sides struggled at times, but the effort and fitness was there and he had to replace Soward and Wallace during his tenure. All the players we had in 2017 are now more experienced battle hardened first graders. Hook had a much younger, inexperienced side.

Sorry mx, the excuses don't cut any ice with me. They are less fit and looking like a rabble. The tinkering with position changes haven't worked and the coach keeps playing the same conservative crap.

One thing about Hook I did like, besides his brutal fitness regime, he would have no hesitation in debuting some juniors to shake things up.

Hook had his clear flaws. I gave him passes due to the age of the squad, Halves not being settled and injuries. I still say if we had Whare and or Blake in 2016 we beat Canberra in semis.

The one thing it had was the playing to 80th minute and no player was safe from the axe. Both of those qualities are lacking in this years side

Bodhi

Juniors
Oh right, sorry, I thought he was taking the early plea.
Horses are on hold.

I wish he did too so Luai can slot into the no 6, as opposed to playing hooker off the bench which he’s not suited to at all. Like you and many others on here, would actually like to see Luai given an extended run so he can show if he’s got what it takes to be our long term first grade pivot.

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Ben Harden has named his squad to face Parramatta Eels at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday.

Panthers v Eels
Leichhardt Oval
2pm Saturday 11 May

1. Charlie STAINES
2. Glenn MCGRADY
3. Stephen CRICHTON
4. Jake TAGO
5. Thomas LOFTS
6. Daine LAURIE
7. Matt BURTON
8. Brad GAUT
9. Dylan MCBAIN
10. Lindsay SMITH
11. Alex MYLES
12. Terrell MAY
13. J'maine HOPGOOD (c)

14. Adam FEARNLEY
15. Jayden TANNER
16. Ratu NANOVO
17. John TRIMBOLI
18. Ryan PRITCHARD
19. Brendan HANDS
20. Matthew FAAUILA
21. Nitoa KAIRAU

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his squad to face Wests Tigers at Suncorp Stadium on Friday.

Dean Whare returns from a hamstring injury while Malakai Watene-Zelezniak drops out of the squad after suffering a rib injury against Canberra.

Frank Winterstein has overcome a knee injury to take the place of Isaah Yeo, who will be sidelined for at least four weeks with his shoulder injury.

With Liam Martin serving a one-match suspension and Viliame Kikau in doubt with an ankle injury, Hame Sele and Tyrell Fuimaono have earned promotion from the Panthers Canterbury Cup side.

Reagan Campbell-Gillard has been named in the starting side for what will be his 100th NRL game.

The Panthers will wear the white 2019 Away Jersey.

Panthers v Wests Tigers
Suncorp Stadium
6pm Friday 10 May

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Waqa BLAKE - sponsored by OAK Plus
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Signace
9. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Hertz
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Frank WINTERSTEIN - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chemtools
13. Hame SELE - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Tyrell FUIMAONO - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Tim GRANT - sponsored by Bidfood
18. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by CETNAJ Wetherill Park/Rouse Hill
19. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by Worldwide Parramatta
20. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Fantastic Framing
21. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by OAK Plus

Pomoz

Bench
If we have any injuries in the backs and lets face it, we have form in this regard, we are screwed. There is very little speed in the team, let alone the bench.

Abacus

Juniors
Disappointing for DWZ to go back to the wing this week. I was hoping he'd get a few games at centre - its not a position you learn in a week or 2.

Fangs

Coach
RCG was meant to start as per preseason training.

Has been better last fortnight but will need to take it up another gear (if he still has it).

I'll be truly embarrassed if we lose to this Tigers outfit. We should steam roll them.

mxlegend99

Referee
RCG was meant to start as per preseason training.

Has been better last fortnight but will need to take it up another gear (if he still has it).

I'll be truly embarrassed if we lose to this Tigers outfit. We should steam roll them.
I'd be willing to bet the Tigers would be embarrassed losing to the side we named too.

I dont see us steam rolling them (or anyone) without Kikau . We barely beat them last time with a bit stronger roster.

Kikau, Yeo and Edwards out.
Fuimaono, Grant and Aekins in.

Tigers have Reynolds out and Benji in as their most obvious change. Maguire prefers that... but Reynolds worries me more than Benji. High energy guys like him kill us.