What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Tigers

mxlegend99

Referee
Every team misses tackles, makes errors etc. Good players/Teams defend them when they need too. It is a simple as that
Lmao. Youre still defending every miss that leads to the try to blame it solely on RCG. It was not completely his fault and at minimum half a dozen others contributed to it.

f**king hilarious that you can blame a bad team effort on a single player.

franklin2323

Immortal
Lmao. Youre still defending every miss that leads to the try to blame it solely on RCG. It was not completely his fault and at minimum half a dozen others contributed to it.

f**king hilarious that you can blame a bad team effort on a single player.

So you don't think he could of done better if more determined to keep them out?

Tamou for example has missed 2 tackles in 8 games. one of those was that you spoke of. On the line puts his body into those tackles

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
So you don't think he could of done better if more determined to keep them out?

Tamou for example has missed 2 tackles in 8 games. one of those was that you spoke of. On the line puts his body into those tackles
Better? Yes.
More determined? Not really . He followed the previous play ~50 metres or so chasing down the player with the ball as guys missed tackles and was back onside with about a second to then have to rush out to try and make that tackle.

The tackle itself was poor. But he put in a lot of effort having covered all that ground to be in position to attempt that tackle.

He's not close to his best form. Or being good value for money. But he pumped out 110 metres in attack and 43 tackles in defence for 93.5% tackle effectiveness.

His big miss was one where the whole team missed players and he barely had time to get onside to attempt his tackle. It was a shit tackle. No denying that. But it was no worse than the tackle Tamou and Katoa missed, or any of the other efforts inbetween..aside from DWZ who did very well to stop Wighton from behind that close to the line.

Effort wasnt the issue here.

Panfa

Juniors
The tigers will be fired up for this one so hopefully cleary gets our boys up for this game or penrith will ve watching the semis on ch 9 this yr while on mad monday drinks.

mxlegend99

Referee
As crazy as it is to say, I don't even think Blake is that big of a loss.

He's playing like he's missed more than one training session too.
Fuimaono replaces him though.

Personally prefer to see DWZ at centre again and Edwards on the wing. Dallin was looking decent at centre. Not exactly Lattrell Mitchell level obviously. But he was building toward being a solid centre.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
As crazy as it is to say, I don't even think Blake is that big of a loss.

He's playing like he's missed more than one training session too.

He has looked slow and disinterested much of the time. I think he's probably our most overrated player. Not our worst, obviously, but the one with the biggest gap between Penrith fans' general opinion of him and the performances he actually gives out on the field.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He has looked slow and disinterested much of the time. I think he's probably our most overrated player. Not our worst, obviously, but the one with the biggest gap between Penrith fans' general opinion of him and the performances he actually gives out on the field.

I think you could make a pretty strong argument that Mansour is probably our most overrated player at the moment.

martielang

Bench

At the moment, for sure. He’s been horribly average this season but I still think there’s more upside in him if someone can unleash it.

mxlegend99

Referee
On what measure?
Nrl.com just compared the halves... and in a shockingly bad team he's statistically comparable to the other halves.

20190509_165816.jpg

He also has 6 forced drop outs which is an area that has improved since last year. Although Hook was the one who really didn't like risking 7 tackle sets .

Now that's not to say his form is as good as Moses or Reynolds. It's not. But Nathan is one of our few players who has maintained or improved on his 2018 form.

He's not performing aswell as we need him to. Or as well as a half on that salary should be. But he has also been let down by his teammates a bunch of times. If others catch or hold the ball his assist stats improve a lot. So despite our form he personally has been pretty decent. Solid 7/10 IMO for the year so far.

Latest posts