What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9: Wests Tigers v St.George Illawarra BITCH FEST: Pre Game

_Johnsy

Referee
Saab

I think we are 2-3 weeks away from hitting a bit of form, how long we can sustain that "form" will determine wether or not we sneak into the 8. it would not surprise me one bit if the drags and bris were even on points and F/A determined 8th spot. Now that would be funny, actually no it wouldn't

Mr Saab

Referee
Forget the Broncos for the eight. Thats an afterthought for me....and another entire story.

As for this game, Dean Young @ 5/8 is the key. He is a great defender and with the morris boys on the wings, well, i think the dragons can take this out.

_Johnsy

Referee
He showed glimpses of an effective kicking game last week. he may be a surprise for the 6 for the remainder of 2007. I have always rated Young highly, biased yes, however he is a camplete footballer, IMO his skills will only develop each year. he will be wearing the green and gold within 2 years and the sky blue in 2008 *(injury dependant).

phonetic

Juniors
Dodger said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21716044-23214,00.html

Woolford may tackle Tigers

By James Phelps
May 12, 2007

ST George-Illawarra hooker Simon Woolford is poised to make a shock return from injury for the Dragons tomorrow in their clash against Wests Tigers.

In a major boost for the Dragons, the 31-year-old yesterday rated himself a realistic chance of making a surprise return after completing a training session with the team on Thursday.

"I am hoping to play," Woolford said yesterday. "But I have come this far with it so I am not going to risk it if it's not right.

"I got through a session but tomorrow will be the test. I haven't done a lot with the team so tomorrow will be the true test of how it pulls up. If it's right then I'll play."

The good news about Woolford was tempered by the fact Brett Morris will miss the match with a shoulder injury. He is expected to be replaced by Wes Naiqama.

Woolford has not played since injuring his ankle in round two.

With the Dragons winning just one game since the former Raiders skipper was carried from the field in the fourth minute of the Knights match, the former Raiders star is hoping the team will be buoyed by his return.

"It hasn't been easy," Woolford said. "With the team having so many injuries and struggling, it has been tough being on the sidelines.

"I hope it gives them a boost. We have most guys back now.

"Obviously Mark Gasnier is still a while off but we are getting most back. Hopefully it will give the guys a shot in the arm."

Young rake Ben Ellis is expected to be stood down should Woolford be passed fit.

:crazy:

What a way to start the weekend. Got to love waking up to news like that on a fine Saturday morning.

_Johnsy

Referee
phonetic said:
What a way to start the weekend. Got to love waking up to news like that on a fine Saturday morning.

yep good coffee, eggs benedict and reading the papers + we keep getting players back.:D

Hutty1986

Immortal
Missed a few days worth of dribble from hrundi, aids, etc but I'm sure i'll get over it, hahaha
Will be a really top game, this one

petetheileet

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
He showed glimpses of an effective kicking game last week. he may be a surprise for the 6 for the remainder of 2007. I have always rated Young highly, biased yes, however he is a camplete footballer, IMO his skills will only develop each year. he will be wearing the green and gold within 2 years and the sky blue in 2008 *(injury dependant).

If he wasn't injured he would have one this year, a great player, stand out class and attitude in a struggling dragons team

Dave Q

Coach
I'll have a large coke and 2 pies thanks.

Dont forget the sauce for fugs sake.

Staaaannley in!