What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I'm not being aggressive, I'm just telling it like it is. You're either completely clueless or totally disconnected from reality.

We're talking levels of full of shit comparable to flat earthers and similar conspiracy theorist and all it takes is a cursory glance at Canberra's history and demographic makeup to see why. It's to the point that just spending a bit of time in spaces with a good representation of Canberrans and ACT residents on social media would show that you're full of shit just from the evidence of ones eyes.

The fact that you are forced to fall back to claiming that everybody's numbers must be fraudulent and that your opponents must be dishonest actors instead of attacking the actual arguments says a lot about the veracity of your claims.

The funniest thing is that I could introduce you to Canberran Aussie Rules fans that are similarly full of shit, and whom truly believe that RL's popularity is overstated in the ACT similar to how you think AR is, which kind of proves my point in a weird way.
Source: trust me bro. "Comparable to conspiracy theorists" lol wtf are you on about. I thought you were a rugger boy but you're sounding more like a big footy cultist. Your water cooler talks in the pubes aren't representative of Canberra overall. I spent the majority of my life there and there was zero AFL talk. Brumbies got big for a period but nothing gets the community going like the Raiders on a run. There is a huge amount of the community that are fans of other teams as well. Manly, Stains, Roosters etc etc. Rugby League is THE game of Canberra.

If the TV ratings were released you wouldn't even be trying this larp. The fact GWS can't fill Manuka despite being "just as popular", playing only a few games a year, and giving out endless freebies speaks to the fact.

Wb1234

Immortal
Source: trust me bro. "Comparable to conspiracy theorists" lol wtf are you on about. I thought you were a rugger boy but you're sounding more like a big footy cultist. Your water cooler talks in the pubes aren't representative of Canberra overall. I spent the majority of my life there and there was zero AFL talk. Brumbies got big for a period but nothing gets the community going like the Raiders on a run. There is a huge amount of the community that are fans of other teams as well. Manly, Stains, Roosters etc etc. Rugby League is THE game of Canberra.

If the TV ratings were released you wouldn't even be trying this larp. The fact GWS can't fill Manuka despite being "just as popular", playing only a few games a year, and giving out endless freebies speaks to the fact.
All the stats that matter league is way out in front

CAS

Juniors
A few months back I posted on ways to make the RL World Cup better while the Union one was on, I had 4 points and one of them was Rugby League and its own supporters apathy and ability to bag its own, reading through some of the shite on here that point still stands.
Seems we should be worried about any demise in RU in Australia (if the boot was on the other foot, they would happily dance and piss on the grave of RL) as we wouldn't get any stadium upgrades unless we could see empty seats throughout the the Super dooper games or whatever they are called now, crowds so bad they wont print them, so we need to hope they pull their shit together (Nah f**k em, and then f**k em again) and the LV thread, well blow me over, its a disaster and desperate, boo, wrong teams, wrong time slots, paying too much to promote it, supposed Fans of the game, praying it fails. If it were RU or AFL doing it, folk would be moaning why aren't we.
Can we not cross code some of the supporters, over? A. RU f**king needs some and B. we can enjoy TGG without a bunch of either miserable bastards, obvious wind up merchants or RU apologists without the bus fare to the nearest Public school.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Why do so many people want to see every other sport dead? Their existence benefits us, as govts are more likely to improve facilities with multiple tenants.

The so-called true fans think every other game needs to be killed off for rugby league to excel, but all that says is that you don't think it's good enough to stand on its own against competition.
Great now use one of your other accounts to agree with this total shit.
Nullifying your competition can only be good for your product.
How do you think Coke would react to Pepsi folding?
Moron

Wb1234

Immortal
Moron
Union fans having a sook when others don’t like their crappy sport

The Great Dane

First Grade

Exactly as I expected. The bloke who's spent five seconds in the city thinks he knows better than the locals. f**king tourists LOL.

And you, who literally hasn't provided a single source other than "trust me bro" accuses me of it. I've had this debate with these people multiple times, I've already given them the lowdown on Canberra's history, it's demographic makeup as a result, and the only comparable, like for like, statistics that exist. There's no point in me whipping them out over and over, especially when they're just going to be ignored and/or baselessly branded fake. It's the best data we have available to us, it is what it is, and it isn't my fault that nobody is collecting and/or collating solid market data for the sports industry in the ACT and making it publicly available, nor am I in a position to change that realistically.

GWS ≠ all Aussie Rules support in Canberra anymore than the Raiders do RL's. In fact their portion of the AFL's fanbase in Canberra wouldn't even be close to the Raiders portion of the NRL's.

They definitely wouldn't be in the top five most popular AFL clubs in the ACT, and probably wouldn't be in the top half of the table if you took out the people who support them as a "second team". Furthermore in their whole time ripping off the ACT ratepayer they've only played one match against a club that's a genuine big draw. Imagine if the the Raiders didn't exist and the Titans played a handful of games out of Bruce almost exclusively against the lowest drawing teams, that's the equivalent of what GWS have done in Canberra.

BTW, that one game against a genuine draw was R19 2016 against Richmond. 14,974 were in attendance, the AFL's highest attendance at Manuka and a sell out at the time IIRC. Now imagine how many more could have been in attendance if Richmond were playing a genuine local team instead of the failed abortion that is GWS. . . 18-20k easy, maybe a bit more if the conditions were good.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
Exactly as I expected. The bloke who's spent five seconds in the city thinks he knows better than the locals. f**king tourists LOL.

And you, who literally hasn't provided a single source other than "trust me bro" accuses me of it. I've had this debate with these people multiple times, I've already given them the lowdown on Canberra's history, it's demographic makeup as a result, and the only comparable, like for like, statistics that exist. There's no point in me whipping them out over and over, especially when they're just going to be ignored and/or baselessly branded fake. It's the best data we have available to us, it is what it is, and it isn't my fault that nobody is collecting and/or collating solid market data for the sports industry in the ACT and making it publicly available, nor am I in a position to change that realistically.

GWS ≠ all Aussie Rules support in Canberra anymore than the Raiders do RL's. In fact their portion of the AFL's fanbase in Canberra wouldn't even be close to the Raiders portion of the NRL's.

They definitely wouldn't be in the top five most popular AFL clubs in the ACT, and probably wouldn't be in the top half of the table if you took out the people who support them as a "second team". Furthermore in their whole time ripping off the ACT ratepayer they've only played one match against a club that's a genuine big draw. Imagine if the the Raiders didn't exist and the Titans played a handful of games out of Bruce almost exclusively against the lowest drawing teams, that's the equivalent of what GWS have done in Canberra.

BTW, that one game against a genuine draw was R19 2016 against Richmond. 14,974 were in attendance, the AFL's highest attendance at Manuka and a sell out at the time IIRC. Now imagine how many more could have been in attendance if Richmond were playing a genuine local team instead of the failed abortion that is GWS. . . 18-20k easy, maybe a bit more if the conditions were good.
Trust
Me
Bro

go
Brumbies.

gUt

Coach
Why do so many people want to see every other sport dead? Their existence benefits us, as govts are more likely to improve facilities with multiple tenants.

The so-called true fans think every other game needs to be killed off for rugby league to excel, but all that says is that you don't think it's good enough to stand on its own against competition.

The other football codes (not just the fans) have at various times explicitly and implicitly wished for and/or foretold the death of RL. We've seen them all off but RL is always expected to be the tolerant punching bag.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Their ‘raid’ seems to be confined to overrated Roosters outside backs. Meaning their only other target is Daniel Tupou. I think Rugby League will be sweet.
I think I've made it clear I'm no roosters fan over the years but Daniel Tupou has been a superb player for them

Dark Corner

Juniors
The other football codes (not just the fans) have at various times explicitly and implicitly wished for and/or foretold the death of RL. We've seen them all off but RL is always expected to be the tolerant punching bag.
I punching bag that strikes back.

Dark Corner

Juniors
I think it's more like union fans finally coming to terms with the fact the sport is shit
Have you seen in my island that the head of World Rugby Union Bill f**kmount getting another Knighthood yet Kevin Sinfield and Rob Burrows getting a CBE on top of the tosspots at the BBC giving some female goal keeper Sports Personality of the year :(

Maximus

Coach

So you want to be like the afl and union fans that you hate so much? Aren't you no different to them?

Would we have new stadiums at Parramatta and Allianz without other codes? No, so why do you want to hurt rugby league?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
So you want to be like the afl and union fans that you hate so much? Aren't you no different to them?

Would we have new stadiums at Parramatta and Allianz without other codes? No, so why do you want to hurt rugby league?
These codes have dragged this into the gutter. Unfortunately for them it's our speciality. We are just fighting in their chosen venue.

League built Suncorp stadium the other codes rocked up well after. You're talking shit. Those stadiums in Sydney would have been built with or without those other codes

Wb1234

Immortal
These codes have dragged this into the gutter. Unfortunately for them it's our speciality. We are just fighting in their chosen venue.

League built Suncorp stadium the other codes rocked up well after. You're talking shit. Those stadiums in Sydney would have been built with or without those other codes
John O’Neill literally said within ten years union would take over from league in Australia

gill McLaughlin says afl has taken over in qld

whilst other codes are aggressively trying to take over from rugby league we have the Neville chamberlains of the world who want to appease them

the collapse of union will bring huge benefits for the nrl.

gUt

Coach

Calm down Helen Lovejoy, as usual with your hysterical posting style you're putting your words in someone else's mouth.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Moron
Daft comparison. Coke doesn’t benefit from Pepsi creating additional demand for facilities. Having multiple sports that use rectangular football stadiums is beneficial to rugby league in that aspect. AFL not so much, they’re really just a thorn in our side most of the time. But preoccupying ourselves with trying to kill then off still makes us look petty, just concentrate on your own product.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Daft comparison. Coke doesn’t benefit from Pepsi creating additional demand for facilities. Having multiple sports that use rectangular football stadiums is beneficial to rugby league in that aspect. AFL not so much, they’re really just a thorn in our side most of the time. But preoccupying ourselves with trying to kill then off still makes us look petty, just concentrate on your own product.
Yeah nah.
Daft comparison my arse. Competition is competition no matter how you frame it
Now chuck your wallaby jersey on and drink another Pepsi

Wb1234

Immortal
Stadiums are done

soccer and union. Arent helping Brookie leichardt mt smart Newcastle or Canberra

now they can die