What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

taste2taste

Juniors
They don’t have the money to compete with nrl clubs

heck if they don’t get that emergency 60 million loan they could actually go into administration
They don't have the loan yet ? Wasn't thier previous loan of 40m from world rugby ?

I'm not a wizard at finance, I'm struggling to understand how they can get a 60m loan with only 10m assets and no guarantee of future earnings...... :/

No doubt there's a Shore old boy working in a bank some where that will lend them the cash ;)

Wb1234

Immortal
They don't have the loan yet ? Wasn't thier previous loan of 40m from world rugby ?

I'm not a wizard at finance, I'm struggling to understand how they can get a 60m loan with only 10m assets and no guarantee of future earnings...... :/

No doubt there's a Shore old boy working in a bank some where that will lend them the cash ;)
They did borrow on future earnings

they are applying for a bank loan to pay back the original loan of 40 million

plus they have profits from the World Cup to borrow against

it’s not sustainable but they don’t want to cut spending to what they can afford

or they will just play more test matches in England for cash

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Can anyone list any ‘Union juniors’ we’ve stolen that weren’t already playing Rugby League?
A lot of NZ players would fall into that category but that’s largely because in much of NZ there’s little opportunity to play League as a kid.

docbrown

Coach
They did borrow on future earnings

they are applying for a bank loan to pay back the original loan of 40 million

plus they have profits from the World Cup to borrow against

it’s not sustainable but they don’t want to cut spending to what they can afford

or they will just play more test matches in England for cash
They may as well just pay off all their debt with credit cards at this point and kick the can down the road. Everything is fine!

Munky

Coach
The next union world cup isn't for four years.

The emergency finance will be compounding interest at loan shark rates.

They'll go into a financial death spiral. Even if they get enough surplus cash from the world cup it'll be used up in a short time and they back to where they are now.

Except twenty years from the next world cup pay day.

At 12% interest rate $100m will be $157m with no repayments after four years.

taste2taste

Juniors
The next union world cup isn't for four years.

The emergency finance will be compounding interest at loan shark rates.

They'll go into a financial death spiral. Even if they get enough surplus cash from the world cup it'll be used up in a short time and they back to where they are now.

Except twenty years from the next world cup pay day.

At 12% interest rate $100m will be $157m with no repayments after four years.
Rugby Austrlia were gloating they finished the 2022 financial year with 8m surplus, this year they are expected to finish negative 3m due to not hosting many Wallabies games.

How are they going to pay 6m in interest annually when they don't have the surplus to pay it ? And if rumours are true that Stan will be paying less next TV cycle that makes it even tougher.

As Wb1234 pointed out, it's unsustainable, they are spending like they are as big as the NRL/AFL, they need to accep they are closer to the NBL and A League and start spending accordingly.

Bazal

Post Whore
Excuse me I'm sorry to interrupt but has anyone mentioned the fact that the Western Force look like snapping up one of Rugby League's finest entertainers????

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F1bca580b-82da-4637-8245-bc7a54b7cc2d

Wb1234

Immortal
It would have been hilarious if NAS had signed with the Wallabies

Seeing a Kiwi league player playing for the Wallabies would have made those toffs spit pimms all over thier Ralph Lauren polos.
Footwork he has the storm are wasting him as a battering ram

guy has good feet and skills

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
All Blacks putting the cleaners through Argentina in their semifinal.
there will doubtless be the usual post RWC exodus after next weekend, if the Warrior want to build even further on this years hype and success they could do worse than look at a few of them.

damn there’s some enormous units in RU these days too, the All Blacks have a 196cm, 144kg prop (Tamaiti Williams) and he’s not fat, though I doubt anyone that huge would be much use in modern league.

44-6 to NZ and they missed 4 conversions. Back to pool stage score lines

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
All Blacks putting the cleaners through Argentina in their semifinal.
there will doubtless be the usual post RWC exodus after next weekend, if the Warrior want to build even further on this years hype and success they could do worse than look at a few of them.

damn there’s some enormous units in RU these days too, the All Blacks have a 196cm, 144kg prop (Tamaiti Williams) and he’s not fat, though I doubt anyone that huge would be much use in modern league.

44-6 to NZ and they missed 4 conversions. Back to pool stage score lines
Southern hemisphere final will upset the toffs

with all the money in the nh that’s a slap in face for them