What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Dark Corner

Juniors
“The water runners have covered more metres than the players” - one of the commentators this morning. What an utterly turgid bludger of a game. At least yesterday had one team playing entertaining footy.
I thought yesterday game was just as bad in a different way but last week was brilliant pity Ireland and France didn't get the win in both tight contest.
Now just want the All Blacks to smash the Boks as I was supporting the Bok's tonight.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I thought yesterday game was just as bad in a different way but last week was brilliant pity Ireland and France didn't get the win in both tight contest.
Now just want the All Blacks to smash the Boks as I was supporting the Bok's tonight.
Eh, NZ and SA both deserve to be there, after winning the QFs against the top seeds. Just glad England are out on their arse

Wb1234

Immortal
Bring able to hit forty five metre penalties and drop goals so consistently is an impressive skill.

Completely f**ks over the sport as an entertainment product though.
Yeh they can pay Cleary 3 million pa just to knock over penalty goals

Suitman

Post Whore
If you want a laugh check out the official match highlights, it's 3 minutes of penalties :D :D you can't make this sh#t up :D

That's just laughable.
How embarrassing for that sport but no doubt it'll go down as one of the great RWC semi-finals of all time.

gerg

Juniors
Soccer is the same, What is it with sports that nothing happens in being populat

Meh, sockah does nothing for me but I can appreciate the skill involved and it usually has a decent flow. Rugby results are on the whim of a pedantic referee blowing 50+ penalties a game for the most technical of infringement. But then they ignore a dozen knock ons and forward passes.

Iamback

Coach
Meh, sockah does nothing for me but I can appreciate the skill involved and it usually has a decent flow. Rugby results are on the whim of a pedantic referee blowing 50+ penalties a game for the most technical of infringement. But then they ignore a dozen knock ons and forward passes.

Not always. Sides can win with 10 men. They can just flood their own half to edge out a 0-0 draw.

Ball stays in play for longer but the 3-4 min highlight reel is lacking actual highlights

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I don't watch Union so maybe there is a reason why this would be a poor game plan... but since drop goals are worth 3 points, why not just pot them everytime you are in range?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I don't watch Union so maybe there is a reason why this would be a poor game plan... but since drop goals are worth 3 points, why not just pot them everytime you are in range?
Mainly because penalties are worth the same and they’re easier to kick so teams like England tend to just play for those instead

but I’ve seen both England and SA win with multiple drop goals before.

Latest posts