What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

griffo346

First Grade
fair enough mate it would be nice to have one out here so we can try it see what its like before buying we all cant afford to go to sydney n test it out

munge

Juniors
Anyone who says ARL 96 was better than RL1 or RL2 is kidding themselves. ARL 96 was a terrible game if you are realistic. There was no kicking to it. The only way you could kick it long was by holding down the kick button for as long as possible, which only occured if someone made a break. You also on any competitive mode really just had to keep spreading it to get the unmarked winger.

RL1 and RL2 had great features to it. Not perfect, but the best RL game by far. The kicking to it is awesome, you can do good little moves and while the forward passes and knock ons are annoying at times its a good feature to the game which id rather have than not. Its also a very challenging game. If you put it on the top modes legend or league god i dont think you could ever say it was easy.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I still sometimes play the old RL2 on the xbox. Still good to play. If they have one (as I haven't seen it) for the PS3 I'd love to get it

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Mario - any reason none of the EB's on the Central Coast got a demo?

Mario

Juniors
Mario - any reason none of the EB's on the Central Coast got a demo?

Not sure of the reasoning by HES with respect to their choice of locations. I suspect, in general, they have placed demo units both in locations convenient to their own offices and in populations with large rugby league followings.

griffo346

First Grade
Mario mate i understand there prob looking at population as a factor but mate theres a massive rl fan base in the country why cant we atleast get a demo station

i will tell ya now mate i wont buy it with out trying it

Simo

First Grade
Mario mate i understand there prob looking at population as a factor but mate theres a massive rl fan base in the country why cant we atleast get a demo station

i will tell ya now mate i wont buy it with out trying it

From what I can gather Mario is simply providing the locations, HES not SIDHE (who Mario works for) are in control of the locations. Perhaps you could email HES?

Mario

Juniors

They are using dev kits, not retail Wii consoles in order to show the demo, so they have a limited supply.

I can understand the widespread rugby league fan base would like to get their hands on it too, but that isn't practical and is unfortunately outside of my control.

Also, the trailer is now up at www.youtube.com/sidhenz and Game Console has a hands on preview here http://www.techday.co.nz/gameconsole/news/hands-on-with-rugby-league-3/15265

Last edited:

mortz

i played a demo of it at penrith the other day.
was completely impressed with it, so much better than rl2.
atleast the fullback actually gets involved.
i love the fact that you can play toyota cup as well.
when talking to the guy, he is under the impression that it will have 2010 rosters, but willie will still be at the roosters.
all in all i will buy it, as i just got a wii for the birthday!

Latest posts