What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

runatme

Bench
if you go to the grand final on the weekend apparently tru blu have a stand out there for you to play the game

runatme

Bench
i remember it being broken for rugby league live was due out on the thursday and i got it from the gamemen on saturday

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Sometimes yes it means the date will be broken. But I have had FIFA 13 and the street date was not broken. It comes down to who breaks the release date. If its jbhifi then expect everyone to release it early.

MattYg1

Bench
Alright really really starting to look fowared to this game now...

I was thinking about my issues with RLL and the only major gameplay issue I had was the lack of emphasis on momentum and actual physics.

I would try and try and try to play an actual League gameplan with the forwards making the hard yards up the middle and i pulled it off a few times with real satisfying results. But more often then not while taking a hit up those shocking tackling/wwf animations would take over and like Mick Weyman was being tackled by Superman I would lose 10 metres...

Looking at the new animations and feeling the weight of the players when i had my quick demo I just know those issues arent going to be there...

Cant wait to dive into the franchise mode... I just wish it was out next week as i have a week off...

azsportza

Live Update Team
I will be annoyed if the game breaks street date and Tru Blu hasn't posted out my copy before the 11th..

Geohood

Bench
Review from someone who went to the demo in NZ tonight:

I went tonight i watched a few games but didnt bring my phone so i couldnt record here is is what lil info i did gather about the game.

Three different types of tackles on defense one is for high shots or big hits the other two are different one on one tackles i didnt get a chance to have a go at the game but the big ant rep did say three diff types of tackles.

You can bounce off big hit tackles if your tackle break is high enough it a pretty cool animation when it happens.

the ball movement doesnt seem to be a smooth as people have been portraying it to be. Lot of people had trouble getting the ball wide on to the centers or wingers i dont know if this is down to skill or what but the three games i did watch it did seem people did have trouble getting the backs the ball.

Long passes are still getting intercepted a lot

the side step,fend, has been revamped to be used on the right stick (think rugby 06,08)

Goal kicking way to easy

The speed of players def makes a diffrence in game the one chance one guy to go wide with the broncos hodges made a great draw and pass to beale and beale took off and burnt tuquri on the outside and tuquri could not catch beale.

the fullbacks coming into attack is spot on if your attacking down one side the full back pops up really good and play similar to how real life fullback do.

Fowards do not get stopped in there tracks when taking hit ups fowards acutally mean something in this game they create quick play the balls by falling foward on there stomachs for the dummy half either for a run to catch people offside

This is all i could gather sorry. I think most people are going to be surprised on how good the gameplay is it pretty good tbh this game maybe finally the great rugby league game we have been looking for

Geohood

Bench
Btw I pre-ordered from Penshurst Gamesmen and will get an email when it is ready to pick up. I'm assuming they have close ties to Tru Blu and may have the game the earliest? Anyone have any idea?