What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

nöyd

Staff member
bought it on pc, hopeful of mods

tried to get a refund but played it for an hour too long to qualify.

not too worried, it isn't great as previously stated here many times, but I've paid more coin for shittier games, especially sports titles over the years.

Storm13

Juniors
I still play it now and then, but if you play for to long the rage starts to build up to much and I end up rage quiting.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
curious, does anyone still play this game?

Anyone still own the game or have you returned it?

Not at all.
I'm awaiting on the patch for consoles. Could be released already by now for all I know. Occasionally i check the BA forums, used to be every hour before release, not its every few days.

Quite gutted to be completey honest. I loved the game to start with but the AI literally wears you out with its obvious flaws.
Unfortunately I was worn out a day or two after I could return it.

I finished one season in coach and that was enough for me.
If i knew a patch was released, I'd be willing to give it a go. - Its the only thing that's stopping me from trading the game.

Lesson here is to rent RLL4 (if it ever comes out) first.

ek999

First Grade
At least you have some way of getting some of your money back. I bought a digital copy for my PS3 and I am stuck with it now. Worse money I have ever spent

nöyd

Staff member
Played a few matches last night, game (to me, anyway) seems to have improved slightly after the pc patch, still it's the little things that are the most annoying.

What shits me the most is that it is impossible to keep your opposition scoreless.

Storm13

Juniors
What annoys me about the game is you play one match and It's like well that wasn't to bad, then the next game will just bring up all the bug's ect it's like two different experiences in one game.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
What annoys me about the game is you play one match and It's like well that wasn't to bad, then the next game will just bring up all the bug's ect it's like two different experiences in one game.

That's because the game cracks the shits if you defy its broken difficulty levels. Winning too often leads to more bullshit.

I have to say I'm rather astonished they have been so slow to roll out even one patch to the consoles. They seem to have no desire for their game to have an audience with Fallout 11 days away.

Parra Pride

Referee
Despite obvious bugs in RLL2 I kept playing the game for quite a while, only stopping because it began freezing my console. I deleted RLL3 off my console last week, it couldn't even compete with NBA 2K16 for game time, let alone Halo 5 this week, COD next week and then Fallout after that.

perverse

Referee
I'm really enjoying the pc master race experience with this game. Best league game by miles, really enjoyable. The worst I have to say about it is that I've had a few dropouts in online play. Yeah, it's still a bit buggy, but patches have been coming, at least through steam. The last patch was very good.

The air of entitlement in this thread is thicker than the layer of crusty jizz that adorns most of your keyboards. I have bought much, much worse games than this for a far higher premium. Happy to know that my coin will go towards the next installment that you'll all cry about.

Last Week

Bench
I'm really enjoying the pc master race experience with this game. Best league game by miles, really enjoyable. The worst I have to say about it is that I've had a few dropouts in online play. Yeah, it's still a bit buggy, but patches have been coming, at least through steam. The last patch was very good.

The air of entitlement in this thread is thicker than the layer of crusty jizz that adorns most of your keyboards. I have bought much, much worse games than this for a far higher premium. Happy to know that my coin will go towards the next installment that you'll all cry about.

My only question, can you mod the PC version and to what depth?

I'm talking putting in new jerseys, logos, new teams, changing competition participants, etc etc.

nöyd

Staff member
some guy has a site - rugbyleaguemods.net or something similar.

on the site he has some downloads as far as tools go to do your own editing, but no real information on how they are used.

being PC, I'm 100% sure you can do all that.

if the file structure/types are the same as dbc14, then the only mods are likely to only be graphical.

as far as I'm aware, nobody has been able to mod the gameplay in dbc14, only kits, uniforms, bats, stumps, balls, stadium advertising etc.

can't competitions be modded in the hub in game?

Last Week

Bench
some guy has a site - rugbyleaguemods.net or something similar.

on the site he has some downloads as far as tools go to do your own editing, but no real information on how they are used.

if the file structure/types are the same as dbc14, then the only mods are likely to only be graphical.

as far as I'm aware, nobody has been able to mod the gameplay in dbc14, only kits, uniforms, bats, stumps, balls, stadium advertising etc.

can't competitions be modded in the hub in game?

Uniform, logos and team names should be rather simple. Competitions I'm sure can be done in game. Things I'm not sure of is if I can change stadium sponsors, on field markings,

I remember a few years ago with the old Rugby League 2 game, the game website forums were really alive with people making a massive amount of modifications to the games.

Changing game play isn't and never has been a desire so I'm not fussed with that. I'll wait until a little while more, but if I can mod it as you both say, I'll get it off steam.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
They really need to sort out the scoring in BAP when you "skip".

Playing a quarter final in the 9s where I'm winning 11 - 0 and I'm subbed off with a minute left. I hit skip and I've lost the game 22 - 11. Apparently the opposition scored 3 tries, 4 goals and a field goal in a minute......now that's f*cking impressive.

Can't wait to pick up Fallout tomorrow.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You guys are still playing this dross :lol:

uQoHgUV.png

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Honestly I forgot that the game was even out. So many awesome games coming out that even if this was significantly better, it would still be on the bench riding the pine.