What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Rich102

Staff member
The Warriors looked to have missed out on signing Jason Taumalolo with the Kiwis lock set to sign a whopping 10-year deal with North Queensland, according to reports.

Fox Sports and The Courier Mail have reported the 2016 Dally M medallist will sign a new contract which will expire in 2027.

The Warriors are one of several clubs interested in the snaring off-contract 24-year-old.

A 10-year deal would be the longest in NRL history, beating the eight-yeal deal Daly Cherry-Evans signed with Manly in 2015.

The bullocking back-rower was originally signed by the Cowboys as a 13-year-old and at just 17 became the youngest North Queensland player to make his NRL debut.

- NZ Herald

JJ

Immortal
8-10 year deals are insane from a club perspective, obviously great for a player provided salaries don't sky-rocket in the interim

With these and the 'big 4' at the Tigers, one wonders whether the balance is right - short careers though I guess

JJ

Immortal
Is Doyle working on a Warrior for life deal for Kata or Tui? lol

Saw a bit of Laumape for the Hurricanes the other day :(

vvvrulz

Coach
Was just thinking the other day how much we could have done with Laumape now

Hell even Fish is a rosy option in comparison

8-10 year deals are insane from a club perspective, obviously great for a player provided salaries don't sky-rocket in the interim

With these and the 'big 4' at the Tigers, one wonders whether the balance is right - short careers though I guess
They would surely have a clause in their contract to account for this, especially this length.

Rich102

Staff member
So Taumalolo has to play for the Cowboys for 10 years to be able to afford a house in Auckland.

JJ

Immortal
A couple, and they'll be nice places in Herne Bay

Last edited:

Skinner

Coach
Probably not fair to name names, but they were more players with potential really. Beach
Haven Is a real Rugby League nursery on the shore.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Alex Glenn went to Birkenhead College (near enough to beach Haven) before going to Australia. I was in the same year, he's turned out alright by all accounts.

But yes, I am glad I left beach haven