What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Nov 1 is a media beat up date, nothing more.

There's never a rush of signings in November.

With the World Cup I expect that to not change as players are focused there.

In January we'll get the usual player here and there saying "I want it sorted before the season starts" but generally most 2024 signings will happen during the season as per usual.

It's the "switch clubs/early release crowd" that keep things interesting during the off season and they're not really Nov 1 dependent unless a club tries the old "sign a youngster now and push for an early release".

Penrose_11

Juniors
Rumours are great as like anyone else I want to know the inside word as well but I’m actually quite happy if we fly under the radar re signings and just announce things once locked in. We’ve been burnt many times before. “We’ve got Tino coming”, “We’re gonna be the greatest org since sliced bread”, “Toby’s on his way” etc etc

I just want them to sign a couple more legit props and not 2nd rowers to fill that role and I think I’ll be happy enough. And for mine, Tohu’s not a prop. Right edge ball playing 2nd row all day

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Rumours are great as like anyone else I want to know the inside word as well but I’m actually quite happy if we fly under the radar re signings and just announce things once locked in. We’ve been burnt many times before. “We’ve got Tino coming”, “We’re gonna be the greatest org since sliced bread”, “Toby’s on his way” etc etc

I just want them to sign a couple more legit props and not 2nd rowers to fill that role and I think I’ll be happy enough. And for mine, Tohu’s not a prop. Right edge ball playing 2nd row all day

Not a fan of the old Iron Lying scoops?

Rich102

Staff member
Former Warriors fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is reportedly unhappy in rugby union and eyeing a return to the 13-man code with the Dolphins tipped to make a play for his services.

Wide World of Sports’ The Mole reported Tuivasa-Sheck wasn’t happy with his first season in rugby union with the Auckland Blues despite playing for the All Blacks.

Tuivasa-Sheck struggled to make the All Blacks starting team and when he did play he received very little opportunities to showcase his skills.

BLN2

Juniors
I've seen these rumours Mix, but David Long has shot them down. I trust you more than anyone on forums, but he seems to have inside running at the club over the past few years?

Where has Long shot it down out of interest? I know with certainty that the two clubs have been in the end stages of negotiations as late as the 27th.