What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Sam Williams signed for 2 years a

Louiethefly

Juniors
Possm, surely if Drinkwater doesn't deliver when a new coach comes in and the first thing he does is promote Drinkwater and demote Fien to a utility for the Cutters, the first choice halves next year will be Widdop and K. Stanley.

Widdop, K. Stanley are a huge improvement on what we have got right now.

1. Dugan
6. Stanley
7. Widdop
9./14. King/Rein

is better than

1. Beale
6. Soward
7. Fien
9.Rein 14. King

We have recruited really well for next year and if Price can get the players to gel we'll be a top contender.

Puff

First Grade
If you could guarantee me that Kyle Stanley would never get injured again, I would be happy with Widdop at 7 and Kyle at 6

SilentAssassin

Juniors
If you could guarantee me that Kyle Stanley would never get injured again, I would be happy with Widdop at 7 and Kyle at 6

Agreed. Although at this stage Kyle Stanley is only hype. Still unproven but I'd rather an injury free Style over Sam Williams.

TheRev

Coach
Williams cannot even make first grade at Canberra. Do the Cutters need another half?
Not really fair comparison though, we keep mentioning that the Raiders have a stacked hand of 5 Quality Halves (Very similar to our Hooker Depth):

McCrone/Campese current 1st grade halves and Cornish/Milford the NSW & QLD Under 20's Halves who will be ready very soon.. Williams is definitely the fish that Dave West rejects... but he is up against some sh** hot competition! Hes not my first choice either but hes all we can get if we want someone 'now', and hes still a 1st grade quality player, a big step up on Drinkwater, has played finals footy too.

Thinking positively, I think Williams can do a job for us, if he can follow a basic gameplan, we dont need him to blow away an opposition, but there are a missing piece in the dragons jigsaw, and this is the biggest one.. only question is whether he will be effective partnered with Fien?

TheRev

Coach
Just did some digging too, looks like Sam Williams cant goalkick.. real bummer because we really need to resolve that, its virtually worth finding a way for King to play 80 minutes at 5/8 or anywhere to make it happen.. or its going to cost us 4+ points a game, its too many points to have to make up each week.

Vai Vai kicks for the Cutters but hes far from convincing.. Drinkwater can kick too.. also far from convincing.. but all of them look better than Duges :p

possm

Coach
For the remainder of 2013, King would make a great 6 and Cook or Garvey would gain a lot from being involved in a hooker rotation with Rein.

King has a good kicking game, good passing game, good organisational skills and is quick of the mark.

KiamaSaint

Coach
For the remainder of 2013, King would make a great 6 and Cook or Garvey would gain a lot from being involved in a hooker rotation with Rein.

King has a good kicking game, good passing game, good organisational skills and is quick of the mark.

It is worth a shot. I was surprised when Soward was dumped that he wasn't given a go there.

karuah6

Juniors

I have been saying that for a long time.

Mattc

Juniors
King needs to develop his game where he is.

I agree, King needs to spend time at hooker.
However, I think he can offer more to the team than just 40 odd minutes at dummy half.
I see him as a good 'footballer' and I'm sure he could spend some time as a running forward.
With his passing game, and speed, he could give us creativity while Rein is at dummy half.
Just a thought.

Latest posts