What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sullivan started slow but has been improving every game and is now playing really well. think there's a good chance he may return to the nrl, but hope he stays at Warrington now that he has settled into the team.

Disco

Bench
Glen Hall - Manly
Jack Afamasaga - Manly

apparently both signed sealed and delivered, but no official confirmation

legend

Coach
It will be interesting to see if any Roosters players have a cluase in their contract that allows them to get out of the coach leaves like Schifcofske and Elliott.

boonboon

Juniors
wouldn't want any of the roosters the only ones I would be interested in have already left, tigers don't need any of them they dont have a prop, although Soward or Lewis might be a useful back up too John Morris

Kilkenny

Coach
Disco said:
Glen Hall - Manly
Jack Afamasaga - Manly

apparently both signed sealed and delivered, but no official confirmation

I thought the minimum contract for 2007 was approximately $50,000-00,

Can't see how the Sea Eagles could possibly accomodate any other players under there salary cap.

The Sea Eagles must surely be in excess of there cap arrangements now never mind announcing fresh signings even if only for the minimum wage?

Kilkenny said:
I thought the minimum contract for 2007 was approximately $50,000-00,

Can't see how the Sea Eagles could possibly accomodate any other players under there salary cap.

The Sea Eagles must surely be in excess of there cap arrangements now never mind announcing fresh signings even if only for the minimum wage?

You'd think if they had a spare $400,000 to chuck at Steve Simpson, surely they'd have enough money for two mediocre fringe First Graders.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
You'd think if they had a spare $400,000 to chuck at Steve Simpson, surely they'd have enough money for two mediocre fringe First Graders.

Surprised they didn't chuck more that $400k as you guys obviously have a bottomless pit?

Kilkenny said:
Surprised they didn't chuck more that $400k as you guys obviously have a bottomless pit?

Your not the only one that thinks that mate dont worry. But yes, I think both players (Hall and Afamasaga) if they are signed by Manly will probably be on very limited money.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Your not the only one that thinks that mate dont worry. But yes, I think both players (Hall and Afamasaga) if they are signed by Manly will probably be on very limited money.

It's all about credibility and yes fans other than from the Sea Eagles have serious issues/doubts about the salary cap and certain clubs.

This is real not imaginary.

Good luck to the Sea Eagles I have nothing against them personally I question there ability to accomodate there current player roster and new recruits within the legal salary cap limits. Even allowing for the retirement of Ben Kennedy the sums simply don't add up in my opinion.

The reintroduction of the hugely unpopular draft would surely address some of the concerns of a lot of RL supporters. It seems to work in the AFL why could it not work in our game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts