What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubby

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Luke Covell - Canberra
only a rumour n i cant c any truth to it. only a few canberra hopefulls dreaming bout it on there forum. i can tell it wont happen tho

no Canberra "hopeful" would want him. Like i've said befeore, Covell is a modern day version of Eion Crosson.

smeghead

Bench
You are an idiot of the highest order. I know it amuses you with your Covell love but seriously try and be witty or funny with it

Raider_69

Post Whore
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
I know. So does the source I am quite sure. Only a rumour anyway.

Ever heard of a release?

:)

have indeed but i would think Canberra would be absolute morons to grant a release
we are currently in negotiations with him to extent and top his contract up

Raider_69

Post Whore
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Luke Covell - Canberra
only a rumour n i cant c any truth to it. only a few canberra hopefulls dreaming bout it on there forum. i can tell it wont happen tho

Luke Covell is ordinary, we dont need him, we already got Gafa, Howell and Robbo as ordinary wingers... we dont want him either, a poor man Eion Crossan, we are currently trying to rid ourselves of dead wood, not buying more

Win News reported that Canberra are set to announce 2 forward signings after June 30... Harrison and Costigan have been mentioned but take that with a grain of salt, as i dont think the Raiders management have the ability to attract those sorts of names

Ghoulies

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Harrison and Costigan have been mentioned but take that with a grain of salt, as i dont think the Raiders management have the ability to attract those sorts of names
I'd hope so, as Costigan has already re-signed for a further 2-3 years with the Broncos.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
I'd hope so, as Costigan has already re-signed for a further 2-3 years with the Broncos.

haha well there ya go, goes to show ya how much credences you should put into rumors

Raider_69

Post Whore
Peter Peters (yea so its probably bullsh*t) claims Chris Flannary has signed a 2 year deal... he said not sure who with but we'd find out soon enough, if that were the case i doubt it would be with the roosters as they would just flat out announce it

Raider_69

Post Whore
the Canberra Times have reported the Raiders to be very very interested in Chris Flannary, they reported he was on a hitlist which also included Luke Bailey and Ashley Harrison

I would be estatic with both Flannary and Harrison but realistically, i cant see us getting either

dubby

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Crossan never achieved the heights one luke covell has

Now lets get some facts straight BBSF, you must be a young kid, a girl or both because you truly have no idea.

Crosson, played for Souths, Cronulla and New Zealand. A tall goalkicking nuffie who was selected to kick goals.

Covell, played for Tigers, Cronulla and NSW Country. A tall goalkicking nuffie who was selected to kick goals.

Learn some hard facts fool and come back prepared.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
Peter Peters (yea so its probably bullsh*t) claims Chris Flannary has signed a 2 year deal... he said not sure who with but we'd find out soon enough, if that were the case i doubt it would be with the roosters as they would just flat out announce it

Well unless it's the Roosters it's a breach. Or if it's not Easts the club in question forward dated the contract to after June 30 - that wouldn't happen would it :lol:

I think with Crocker leaving it will be Easts though.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
bartman said:
Some rumours from UK league press this week:

Jama'al Lolesi -> Hull for one-two years (before Gold Coast)?
Steve Kearney -> back to the NRL from Hull
David Peachey -> Widnes for two years, if they avoid relegation this year

a 24 yo front rower with 50 NRL matches (?) -> Catalans (UTC)
(if not, Jason Stevens or Owen Guttenbeil -> Catalans)
Daniel Dumas, Dimitri Pelo -> Sharks to Catalans (both hold French passports)
Matt Adamson, Chris Walker, or Greg Owen (NZ Warriors) -> Catalans

I think Pelo has already signed actually - I'll try and confirm that one.

I know The UTC Catalans are getting quota exemptions but am not sure how many over they are allowed

They already have Beattie, Bickerstaff, Rudder, Jones, I Hindmarsh and Pelo.

Stevens won't go there - he will retire.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Anasta => Roosters
Mason => Bulldogs
Bell => Souths
Orford => Storm!
Crocker => Storm
Harrison => Roosters
Matai => Sharks/Tigers
Randall => Sharks - NO
Berrigan => Everywhere
Chalk => Sharks

ch ch ch changes

Orford => Souths
Merritt => Souths (Will be released from final year with Sharks)
Harrison => Roosters/Souths (year with Rabbits - 2007 GC)
McGoldrick => Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts