What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
mightybears said:
sunday mail [july 31st page 95]has brisbane souths pair bob blair [a centre] and matt bell [second rower]signing with penrith.
they went down to penrith mid week it seems

been a fair bit about blair in the papers up here, next big thing and lots of clubs chasing him etc

Both confirmed on the Penrith site today.

Apparantly both Nth Qld and Manly were after him.

Hope he goes alright.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Well it's a true rumour :)

Hasn't happened yet but I believe it is imminent.

Now peeps. I have to more biggies that are almost brand new I think. Need to get permission from the source to post them though. Both involve releases from their current clubs.

Maybe tomorrow.

Hopefully one is Ashton Simms to the Roosters

the other

Brett Finch to oblivion

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
Both confirmed on the Penrith site today.

Apparantly both Nth Qld and Manly were after him.

Hope he goes alright.

Bob Blair is a gun :thumb Don't know how old he is but he's been killing it for Souths Logan all year

Big Mick

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Bob Blair is a gun :thumb Don't know how old he is but he's been killing it for Souths Logan all year

He's 20 years old.

I'm concerned his team's coming 2nd last though lmao.

Big Mick

Referee
Choppies said:
ohhhhhhh I hope this is true.
Simms Morley and Fielden *drools*

If thats the case, I'll personally be marching on NRL headquarters demanding an independant Auditor view those books because then you'd be f**king over it by a mile.

lotti

Bench
Vicious said:
Michael Monaghan---> Souths
Sorry denied by Manly and Michael Monaghan. I really wish everyone would stop saying that Michael Monaghan is leaving Manly, the man has said it 4 times that he's not going anywhere he's staying at Brookvale Oval.

iggy plop

First Grade
lotti said:
Sorry denied by Manly and Michael Monaghan. I really wish everyone would stop saying that Michael Monaghan is leaving Manly, the man has said it 4 times that he's not going anywhere he's staying at Brookvale Oval.

terry hill said a lot of things and did the opposite. must be a manly thing.

lotti

Bench
4 times Monas has said it. 1. When he re-signed with Manly, 2. July 11th when he said I'm happy to play where ever Manly wants me to play here's a quote from the man himself on that day "I have just signed a new contract with Manly and I don't want to go anywhere - I am a player and it is up to the club to sign who they like.
3. July 21st when he welcomed Orford to Manly and stated that he doesn't have a get out clause in his contract here's a quote from him on that day "To be honest I don't want to talk about where I am going to play next year," Monaghan said today.

"There are a couple of options there for me. I spoke to the club today and they agreed they don't want to talk about next season until next year.

"Matt's a great signing for the club but he won't be here until next year - the club's really got to focus on finishing this season well."

and 4. August 1st when he DENIED the rumour that Manly approached Souths to offload him infact it was the other way around Souths approached Manly and guess what Manly turned them down they want Monas to stay a Sea Eagle, Monas even said he wants to stay a Sea Eagle. Here's a quote from Michael's manager and Manly about what Souths said Manly executive director Paul Cummings said Monaghan was contracted to the Sea Eagles for another three years and "that's the end of it".

"We have not approached Souths about Monaghan so basically that's the end of the story," he said.

"As far as we are concerned he has signed for three years with us and that's the end of it from our point of view.

"I don't know where this rumour has started but I can say to you that Michael Monaghan is contracted with us for three more years." and "Souths want Monaghan, Monaghan doesn't want Souths."

Bernster

Juniors
Just heard that Josh Hannay is going to be a Cowboy for life...so bugger off Souths/Penrith/Gold Coast...

cussy

Juniors
where is all this sh*t about Sims and the Roosters coming from??Typical Roosters supporters trying to buy a premiership AGAIN!!Try and develope your own players instead of raping and pilaging great league nurseries like the Illawarra and Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts