What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 4th July. Four days is heaps of time to approach a player, negotiate, to and fro the contract between the player's and team's legal reps and to have the contract signed, sealed and delivered.

P.S I'm being sarcastic. Shouldn't be too far away now.

White Poiner

Coach
i herd from anothe forum if anasta signs with souths
J sutton would want a relese.
Just a rumor so far.
J sutton > Sharks

Kiwi

First Grade
I am greatful as Broncos fan we will have very little in terms of players leaving, and probably no one joining the club, other than the odd junior maybe.

Stability is a wonderful thing, and will help us get off to a flyer of a start in 06.

ausraider

Juniors
Phillips said:
Warriors should just release all there current players, get it over and done with

Well my friend Phillips that I would call rumour releasing not signing as this thread is called.lol

raidersfan

Juniors
I thought Anasta was gonna make up his mind 3 days ago? this wait better be worth it and not just to have someone like Orford sign with a English club!!!

bartman

Immortal
Kiwi said:
I am greatful as Broncos fan we will have very little in terms of players leaving, and probably no one joining the club, other than the odd junior maybe.

Stability is a wonderful thing, and will help us get off to a flyer of a start in 06.

Same for Parramatta :thumb:

bartman

Immortal
Just an article re Brian Carney from my UK league newspaper (Rugby Leaguer & League Express, no weblink sorry):

Carney- no deal with Newcastle

Wigan Warriors winger Brian Carney is off to new club Gold COast for the 2007 season! But according to his Australian agent, it is unlikely that he will be signing for Newcastle Knights for next year's NRL season.

"There is no guarantee he is leaving Wigan, he is contracted there, and although he has a desire to come to the NRL next year, he could only do that with Wigan's permission," Carney's agent Sam Ayoub said.

"There are clubs who would like to have him for a year. But there is no truth in the story that he is going to Newcastle," added Ayoub.

- - - - -

It goes on to include similar quotes about needing permission from his coach Ian Millward. Original story written by Trevor Hunt and Chris Jones.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Let's see if we can get this thread up to 100 pages of rumours before the 1st big name signing in announced :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Chris Walker, Scott Minto, George Carmont, Stuart Kelly --> Penrith

in other words keep up the McNuffy situation.

Franko

Juniors
Manly fans don't get excited, when you hear Orford is firming to play for Manly next year. It in fact means Jeff Orford is coming out of retirement to replace Scott Donald.

Status
Not open for further replies.