What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Thread

zombie jesus

Staff member
Sorry Des, I wasn't very specific, I had a slight tear in my jeans, just above my right knee and a tommy sauce stain down the front of my jersey from the pie I had that afternoon, hahaha yeah that's right, that was me! I knew you would remember! You've probably been wondering how I have been doing, let me tell you, I'm great.:)

I really think we should meet up for an OJ, Des. We can catch up on old times, relive that magnificent handshake and maybe even make eye contact this time, then you can expand on your hair regime and I will let you in on some great coaching tips, I'll give you a hint, they all involve star jumps. ;-)

zombie jesus

Staff member
Manly bank on salary cap increase to retain rising star Hodkinson

CHRIS BARRETT AND GREG PRICHARD
June 3, 2010

Manly boss Graham Lowe admits the Sea Eagles cannot match the cash that Canterbury are throwing at rookie halfback Trent Hodkinson but remains hopeful they can keep the exciting 21-year-old at Brookvale Oval beyond this year.

Hodkinson, who made his City Origin debut last month after playing only six NRL games, has been offered a three-year deal by the Bulldogs valued at a reported $270,000 a season and Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg hopes to have an answer this week.

''[An offer of] $270,000 a year is not in our range, that's for sure,'' Lowe said. ''But I think there's a bigger picture to look at. I think there's a lot of things for him to weigh up and I'm sure he'd be the first to recognise the value that Des [Hasler] has been for him. As far as wrapping everything up this week, we're certainly not rushing anything.''

Lowe said the Sea Eagles were anxious to find out if speculation that there would be a significant rise in the salary cap for next season was on the money. It could be a boost to their chances of retaining Hodkinson.

He said the club could not formalise an offer to Hodkinson until it knew what the cap situation would be. ''It's difficult for us at the moment because we need to know exactly what the NRL is doing with the cap,'' Lowe said. ''And I'm sure there are plenty of other clubs who need to get some information on that front. We obviously want to keep Trent and we'll do everything we can to keep him.

''It sounds like Trent has had a fantastic offer from outside and I respect that, but I'm convinced he hasn't done anything yet and that he won't do anything until he finds out what we can do. We just need to find out what's happening with the cap so we can get all of our ducks in a row.''

Greenberg said the signing of Hodkinson would not rule out the Bulldogs retaining veteran halfback Brett Kimmorley for another season.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tain-rising-star-hodkinson-20100602-wzvo.html

slammingsam

Juniors
I have it on good authority that he has signed a 3 year deal with you guys.
He is a backrower from the Dogs who played 20s in 2008 and has been playing NSW Cup since.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
He was originally from Manly...
To be honest i never really saw why so many people rated him. Hope i am wrong

cupid

Juniors
This guy has been wrong on more then 1 occasion, I think this guy just likes to stir sh*t.

cupid

Juniors
Some guy over at the kennel is saying that Hodkinson is staying with Manly, just a rumour though.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
TBH i reckon he has gone to the Dogs, done deal. Bozo wouldn't say so for sh!ts and giggles.
Realistically he would be stupid to knock back an extra 100k that the Dogs are offering.