What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rumour of hayne and sticky falling out will help us re-sign him! He will want to prove there are no problems. I think he will sign by round 1 which will allow us to focus on other signings

You really think that he will make an important life decision to stay with the Eels just to stick it to the press?
I doubt it.
If Hayne stays it will be be because we are the right choice for himself and no other reason.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne played 12 games last year.WE did win a few when he wasnt there by memory late in the season.
Deff has the potential to be up there with the best but just needs to be consistant. Its not laying the boot in at all.Just when you paying a guy top $$ you expect good return.
If you think Hayne is consistant than he would be a starter for Australia or atleast NSW.The reason he isnt chosen is cause of that .He hasnt put 80mins together week in week out for 3 yrs and doesnt control a game like thurtson can.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hayne played 12 games last year.WE did win a few when he wasnt there by memory late in the season.
Deff has the potential to be up there with the best but just needs to be consistant. Its not laying the boot in at all.Just when you paying a guy top $$ you expect good return.
If you think Hayne is consistant than he would be a starter for Australia or atleast NSW.The reason he isnt chosen is cause of that .He hasnt put 80mins together week in week out for 3 yrs and doesnt control a game like thurtson can.

Then how do you explain Phil Bailey? Anthony Quinn? Steve Turner? Ben Creagh?

The best players often get overlooked for rep football - Glenn Morrison is a classic example. If he wasn't one of NSW's best back-rowers, then I must be blind.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I agree. Hayne is so good that we probably wouldn't have come last if he played the whole season. That's a big wrap. Aim high.

Parra Pride

Referee

He is a consistent starter for NSW though, and he is consistently one of the only Blues who doesn't get outclassed by his opposite number.

Eels Dude

Coach

He doesn't control a game like Thurston does because he plays fullback and that's not his job. If anything he should be commended for coming in and acting as a playmaker from the number 1 position. No other fullbacks in the NRL are expected to do as much as Hayne does, and theres only so much he can do from the back behind a dominated forward pack.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hayne is a great player but his money could be better spent. We could get a superstar for the money he'd be on.

Avenger

Immortal
Hayne is a great player but his money could be better spent. We could get a superstar for the money he'd be on.

The way the salary cap is going you will legitimately be able to pay at least 3 players $800k per year. Hayne should never be allowed to leave, he is the best we have had in decades. I however would go all out for Thurston and give him his million a year and play him at 6 with Sandow at 7.

Avenger

Immortal
Anyone else think that the delay in the announcement of captain is due to the pending re-signing of Hayne ?

He is a superstar, and I'd say he is personally responsible for a reasonable number of youngsters supporting the club, and potentially becoming members.

I've said it before, but don't think players salaries these days are judged only on the results they produce on-field. When it comes to big names, off-field impact would play a fair part as well.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I think you will find, out of all the players that will get picked, and were picked last year, Hayne has the most experience in Origin games. Not bad for a bloke who is only turning 25 this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.