What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't particularly think we need to sign any more stars or high profile players. I think we'll be just fine filling our roster with more rubbish players. Good times.

It would be nice if we could develop some more f**king decent players of our own. That's what really good clubs do.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I like it! I have been saying for a long time that I think Roberts is best suited to 14.

So looking at today's article it seems Roberts will have his chance. I wonder what would have happened if Nathan Smith was available though? My prediction is that we will see the best from Roberts at 14 but what happens to Paulo when Maitua is available in in a couple of weeks?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So looking at today's article it seems Roberts will have his chance. I wonder what would have happened if Nathan Smith was available though? My prediction is that we will see the best from Roberts at 14 but what happens to Paulo when Maitua is available in in a couple of weeks?

Two of Harrison/Edwards/Ryan will be dropped I reckon for Ben smith and Reni

natheel

Coach

Maybe Stuart doesn't see much from Paulo at this stage. Interesting to see he said that would be the round 1 team if Smith, Hayne and Maitua arn't available.

looks 100% better when those 3 do line up in the side though. But that 17 jersey could be worn from Paulo, Edwards or Ryan really

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Morgan
4. Tonga
5. Blair
6. Kelly
7. Sandow
8. Lussick
9. Keating
10. Mannah
11. Smith
12. Harrison
13. Maitua

14. Roberts
15. Allgood
16. Moi Moi
17. Ryan/Paulo/Edwards

Ratchy

Juniors
I'm not too worried about missing out on big name signings, but I am disappointed. I mean, there was a massive circus when we signed Stuart - our own board even touted his signature as the greatest coup since signing Gibson, and so far we have not seen much come from his signature. Granted, the season is yet to begin - but we were told both formally and informally that he would have pulling power and get us some quality players.

Obviously there is still time, and the 2012 season is not helping things, but thus far I don't think he's lived up to the hype...

It's only february....too early to give Stuart a pass or fail yet on recruitment

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's only february....too early to give Stuart a pass or fail yet on recruitment

I know that.

But we were told that Kearney left partially because he was unable to attract much talent to the club (even though he was at least partly responsible for attracting Sandow, Hopoate and Tonga), and we signed the then-current NSW State coach in a bold bid to make Parramatta an attractive place for players to play.

And all we seem to see is that we offered "more than other clubs" for these blokes, and they stay.

As I said earlier, I don't think it's time to panic just yet. It's very early on in the piece - and besides, as good as Folau, Scott and Tamou are, are they what we really need? I'd say a quality nippy hooker and some damaging running back-rowers are our first priorities. We're set for backs and props IMO. So in that sense, we aren't really any worse off (I do realise Tamou and Scott are two of the best props in the game, but with Mannah, Lussick and Moimoi, we have a decent to good front row already - certainly good enough to compete).

But it is deflating to see we are trying - and, ultimately, failing - to sign players to the club.

Then again, one positive in all this is that it gives us a greater ability to hold onto and give chances to rising stars such as Masinamua, Pauli Pauli and Tanginoa.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Two of Harrison/Edwards/Ryan will be dropped I reckon for Ben smith and Reni

Fo shizzle. Maitua and Smith will certainly play on the edges, meaning there's at least one spot remaining for a lock/tight forward/central back-rower - so either Paulo or Harrison. It will come down to what type of lock Stuart wants.

Given he offers something different, Paulo will definitely be in the 17. Plus he can play in the middle or on the edge. So out of three starting and one bench back-row spot, there's only one vacancy.

These merkins are all in contention:

Edwards
Harrison
Loko
O'Hanlon
Penese
Ryan

There's also Pauli and Tanginoa in the NYC squad.

Smith and Maitua will certainly miss some games through injury, given their age and history. So there will be plenty of opportunity for all these other merkins.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Maybe Stuart doesn't see much from Paulo at this stage. Interesting to see he said that would be the round 1 team if Smith, Hayne and Maitua arn't available.

looks 100% better when those 3 do line up in the side though. But that 17 jersey could be worn from Paulo, Edwards or Ryan really

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Morgan
4. Tonga
5. Blair
6. Kelly
7. Sandow
8. Lussick
9. Keating
10. Mannah
11. Smith
12. Harrison
13. Maitua

14. Roberts
15. Allgood
16. Moi Moi
17. Ryan/Paulo/Edwards
Ryan should be left out in my opinion.

Bigfella

Coach
I like that Paulo can play in the middle of the edge pou, but do we have anyone equipped to handled the edge of the middle?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
. STICKY SET TO SNARE BRONCO
RICKY Stuart's signing at Parramatta was supposed to help the Eels land some big-name signings. So far James Tamou, Matt Scott, Israel Folau and Michael Jennings have all rejected overtures.

I'm hearing it might be a different story with a Broncos star in the near future. I'll check it out over the weekend and will reveal the player's name in tomorrow's Telegraph.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...h-phil-rothfield/story-fnducgor-1226579401129

natheel

Coach
The guys at broncos worth chasing are

Gillett, Reed and maybe Norman. Would be nice to jag Gillett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts