What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasman

Juniors

There has also been reported interest in Waerea-Hargreaves elsewhere in the NRL from Parramatta but those discussions were sparked by former Eels chief executive Paul Osborne late last year and since his departure from that club in December the Eels appear to have dropped out of the race.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...tahs-sights-20120309-1up77.html#ixzz1ob3jEUUz This is a BS story The Parramatta club were never interested in him.

Gronk

Staff member
There has also been reported interest in Waerea-Hargreaves elsewhere in the NRL from Parramatta but those discussions were sparked by former Eels chief executive Paul Osborne late last year and since his departure from that club in December the Eels appear to have dropped out of the race.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...tahs-sights-20120309-1up77.html#ixzz1ob3jEUUz This is a BS story The Parramatta club were never interested in him.

Thanks Roy.

eels_fan

First Grade
oh no!!!

all our signings are going elsewhere!

the sky is falling! we are in a crisis!

no one wants to play for parra!

Eels Dude

Coach
Beau Scott would have been a good buy, but you can't blame him for wanting to play under Bennett again. Unfortunately we're probably in a position now that we'll have to pay overs to attract decent players. You can only change that by winning.

Eels Dude

Coach
We also need 2nd rowers with some mongrel in them unlike our current soft pack. And Beau Scott definitely has a lot of aggression in him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure the club already said they won't be looking for any more big names.

For the people who think our squad is massively broken, I say bullshit. The team we have is good enough to compete for the 8. Next year we'll see some quality step up from NYC and again the next year. Plus Will Hopoate will turn up.

We don't need Cameron Smith, Paul Gallen and Sam Thaiday to make us competitive. In fact if we did we'd be well over the salary cap.

Bigfella

Coach
We need quality outside backs massively. Don't have to be big names but co
Much better than our current stock

Delboy

First Grade
We were never interested in Beau Scott, it ws all paper talk, certainly talking to a number of players,but not in the market for Scott

Eels Dude

Coach
We don't really need big names no, but we have three experienced second rowers coming off contract at the end of this year and the decision will be made whether to retain them or not, and if it's the latter then they need to replaced by quality first graders. Otherwise we'll go from have one of the weakest backrows in the competition to by far away one of the worst in recent memory. I'm sure SK would be looking at what's available on the open market and the right kind of players we need to fill those positions.

87eelman

Juniors
We don't really need big names no, but we have three experienced second rowers coming off contract at the end of this year and the decision will be made whether to retain them or not, and if it's the latter then they need to replaced by quality first graders. Otherwise we'll go from have one of the weakest backrows in the competition to by far away one of the worst in recent memory. I'm sure SK would be looking at what's available on the open market and the right kind of players we need to fill those positions.

x2

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We don't really need big names no, but we have three experienced second rowers coming off contract at the end of this year

Who? Hindy, Shack and some other merkin?

Neither of them are edge forwards which is what we need. The tight forward is easy to replace - the position is only as important as the quality of player you have to fill the spot; just like centre.

I just realised the third guy you were talking about was Ben Smith. Yes he's an edge forward but he's not markedly better than Lasalo or Horo. I'd say both Horo and Paulo are better than him in attack.

Anyway our young guys will continue to improve, and by next year one or more of them could be better than Ben Smith. That's not saying much, I know, and edge forward will still be a bit of a weakness for us next year. But every team has its weak spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.