What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
Any chance we can cut the crap out, and start posting rumours.

It's all twizzle's fault for including crap in the title.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you ask the NRL about salary stuff they'll tell you that "large variances" between years is simply not allowed. The only variances permitted in salaries involve 'reasonable variance'

So don't believe all the talk of "front loaded" and "back loaded" contracts that the papers spew out. Those guys have no idea.

So a 600k over 2 year deal would not be registered if it was submitted as 200k in year 1 and 400k in year 2.
But 275 and 325 would be allowed.

Exactly. And we're talking about making room to upgrade a player. So if a guy (Sio or DCE) is contracted for this year on peanuts, he can be offered a big money extension starting this year. So the player's club doesn't need to wait until next year (after the existing contract expires) before upgrading the player, which is what gives the club the advantage over rival clubs in signing the player for future years - the fact they can upgrade him in the current season.

This is why clubs let players go mid-year despite having nobody to replace them - to make room for upgrades.

strider

Post Whore
so i guess u r saying its the "claytons frontload" - pay him a wad of cash ontop of this years money

Stagger eel

Staff member
Im away for work at the moment but I have recieved a text from a mate saying that he heard Peter Tunks on 2SM say that Parra have finalised the signing of Darcy Lussick

Gronk

Staff member
Ok he"ll do better than Shack and slot into Hindy"s front row spot I guess.

Welcome to the family club D'Arcy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok he"ll do better than Shack and slot into Hindy"s front row spot I guess.

Welcome to the family club D'Arcy.

on the proviso he cancels his facebook account and writes "I'm a complete moron when it comes to social media" 1000 times on SK's whiteboard in his office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts