What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parraren

Bench
We are losing Hindy and Poore (?) from our starting 17. Also Maguire who has been coming on and playing a lock type roll in the last 20 with MK staying at rake for 80 mins. Also Shack from reggies and who knows now with JMannah. So really we need to sign a bunch of forwards. D'Arcy is a good young prospect IMHO.

I tend to agree re Lussick. I just hope IF we get him it's at the right price so we can still pick up at least one line breaking back rower which should be the priority.

Gronk

Staff member
Stop calling him D'Arcy Gronk!

One of my sons is Darcy.

Sorry Bro. Won't happen again. :D

D'Arcy is an old Irish name and that's the way it's spelt. I read the book The Shiralee when I was at school, written by D'Arcy Niland Was made in a B&W movie and re-made with Bryan Brown IIRC about a swagman and his little girl who criss-cross the country looking for work during the great depression.

SDM

First Grade
We could sign Peter Peters and it would be an improvement on Fat Slug Poore, Lussick would be a massive upgrade.

Ratchy

Juniors
He's played 11 games of 1st grade and 4 or 5 of those have been this year.

I really doubt he was a beast because he has POH's frame and that ain't going to get you anywhere.

If he did well last year as you say, he has certainly gone backwards hard this year.

So if you haven't seen all or most of his games how did you form an opinion then...watch 5mins?

Ratchy

Juniors
Btw the main reason Lussicks form has dropped off is he doesn't want to be at Manly due to being left out of the grand final team after being promised what happened wouldn't matter.

The Colonel

Immortal
Given the players we are losing a big body like Lussick will be needed in the back or front row. Doesn't mean he will be our only signing nor does it mean we aren't looking at other names as well. The rumour mill fuelled by leaks in the past has dried up so we don't have all the gossip.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Given the players we are losing a big body like Lussick will be needed in the back or front row. Doesn't mean he will be our only signing nor does it mean we aren't looking at other names as well. The rumour mill fuelled by leaks in the past has dried up so we don't have all the gossip.

Agreed. Im confident Nolan etc will be successful with recruitment for 2013.

MrT

Juniors
Btw the main reason Lussicks form has dropped off is he doesn't want to be at Manly due to being left out of the grand final team after being promised what happened wouldn't matter.

Now I have heard it all

Bigfella

Coach
Stuart quoted in SMh today saying lussick an origin prospect...

Seriously though, there is no doubt that he has not been playing well. He has attracted a huge level of scrutiny and is at a very early stage of development so it's not surprising.

He seems to have massive potential to me. The way he moves and the amount of time he has. I can understand what they see in him but also why people are dubious because it is all about potential and not achievements or even form.

Looks a very likely type to me.

MrT

Juniors
If we sign Lussick, maybe next year you can hang out at Maccas and bag him for free.

I couldn't give a f**k about your pathetic remarks.

Perhaps you could go to maccas and apply for a job which accomodates your pathetic IQ

TheRam

Coach
Stuart quoted in SMh today saying lussick an origin prospect...

Seriously though, there is no doubt that he has not been playing well. He has attracted a huge level of scrutiny and is at a very early stage of development so it's not surprising.

He seems to have massive potential to me. The way he moves and the amount of time he has. I can understand what they see in him but also why people are dubious because it is all about potential and not achievements or even form.

Looks a very likely type to me.

Likely to do what though? So far seems more likely to fail then succeed.

MrT

Juniors
Likely to do what though? So far seems more likely to fail then succeed.

There is Tony Williams and Darcy Lussick on the market and we go with Lussick....seriously.

Williams is the best edge forward on the market and happens to be a Parra junior

Status
Not open for further replies.