What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParraFan09

Juniors
I would hold on to Ben smith and Justin poore for another season or 2, smith is good on the edges, and poore can be one of the best props In the game if he gets his confidents back, Shackleton can go, and we're losing hindy. I would chase williams or another young back rower, not sika Manu!

Bigfella

Coach
I would hold on to Ben smith and Justin poore for another season or 2, smith is good on the edges, and poore can be one of the best props In the game if he gets his confidents back, Shackleton can go, and we're losing hindy. I would chase williams or another young back rower, not sika Manu!

Even if he just gets one confident back that would help a lot

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't think it was anyone.

what, they negotiated the deals themselves???...I can just imagine it now, Wayne Beavis and Hayne walks into Ossie's without anyone there office other than a blank cheque on the table..

lol good one.

Eels Dude

Coach
what, they negotiated the deals themselves???...I can just imagine it now, Wayne Beavis and Hayne walks into Ossie's without anyone there office other than a blank cheque on the table..

lol good one.

I think he's more suggesting that this theory of there being backloaded deals for next year and beyond is a load of crock.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think he's more suggesting that this theory of there being backloaded deals for next year and beyond is a load of crock.

it could well be, but if we lose 5 or 6 established first graders and replace them with only 1 maybe 2 than something's gone adrift somewhere.

born an eel

Bench
when the investigation with ozzie was going on the board mentioned that contracts needed to get the OK from schubert as they appeared irregular. I have a feeling the rumours might have some truth to them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
when the investigation with ozzie was going on the board mentioned that contracts needed to get the OK from schubert as they appeared irregular. I have a feeling the rumours might have some truth to them.

I take it you mean illegal or against the rules or guidelines of the cap??..I don't think so, we would of known about it by now that's not to say that he didn't structured it in such a way that we would struggle to assemmble a competative squad in the next season or 2.

What happen to Terepo ?

should be back in a about 3 weeks.

Forty20

First Grade
either that or starts fast tracking Kalepi and Fraser and prepare them for March next year..

I agree though, if it's true it doesn't look good at all..

Are Tanginoa and Masinamua ineligible to play NRL this year due to age restriction?

born an eel

Bench
I take it you mean illegal or against the rules or guidelines of the cap??..I don't think so, we would of known about it by now that's not to say that he didn't structured it in such a way that we would struggle to assemmble a competative squad in the next season or 2.

should be back in a about 3 weeks.
the board were the one's who had suspicions about the way they were structured, nothing further was mentioned but all were given the green light.

I was referring to the rumours of the backended contracts, as the board may have been uneasy with them and needed them checked.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-of-eels-inquiry/story-e6frexnr-1226170082174

Last edited:

Forty20

First Grade
How old are they? The rule is that no one under 18 can play first grade footy.

#IJustAteAPizza

Tanginoa turned 18 in March and Masinamua is 18 in May. Is the ruling interpreted as eligible for U/18's (both qualify for SG Ball) is ineligible for NRL or absolute as in once they are 18 they are eligible?

Parra Pride

Referee
Tanginoa turned 18 in March and Masinamua is 18 in May. Is the ruling interpreted as eligible for U/18's (both qualify for SG Ball) is ineligible for NRL or absolute as in once they are 18 they are eligible?

I'm not sure, I just remember an article about the Roosters wanting to play Moga last year but the NRL stopped him because he was still 17.

#IThinkItMightBeOnceTheyTurn18TheyAreEligible

TheRam

Coach
Look there is no bigger Sika Manu fan than me when he was young and fit, but for the last 3-4 seasons the guy has the dodgiest ankles in the NRL.

Suffice to say that he is out AGAIN with an ankle injury. He is definitely not the player that he could of been. Also he has a lazy streak in him, so going away from a Craig Bellamy coached team may make that even worse.

If anyone thinks that any club will sign him for less then 300+ then they are delusional.

I'll say it again, for around 400 000 Williams is worth every cent. He is the best edge forward in the game bar none, and I am including Thaiday in that also.

In my opinion if we aren't the club that succeeds in signing him, then I deem our recruitment ability to be very poor. By the way what sort of coin do people think players like Greg Eastwood, Michael Ennis, Frank Pritchard and James Graham are on compared to the pack of forwards that we will be retaining for next year? So IF they can fit Williams in somehow, then we are useless in attracting the very best without having to pay totally ridiculously over the top coin to secure the very best players.

I'll say it again, imo we should only be going after two forwards on the market for 2013. They are TW and JWH.

We need to keep the rest of our powder dry to launch a full assault on Jarryd Hayne or else we will be in major strife when it is time to talk turkey with our superstar player.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
TW and JWH are already wrapped up.

Darcy is just the icing on the cake.

You just have to look at all the guys who are leaving and how much cash will be freed up. It's plenty.

Don't worry.

Daneel

Bench

You just have to look at all the guys who are leaving and how much cash will be freed up. It's plenty.

Don't worry.

Must be one of those sick tasting icings i don't like.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Don't worry.

thanks me, so we can all relax now and look forward to 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.