What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
thanks me, so we can all relax now and look forward to 2013

That's a rebuilding year.

2014 is where it's at - when Hoppa joins us. The board has reset SKs performance criteria to that year. SK must win more than 6 games in 2014 or face the sack. Until 2014 he only needs to win 6 games.

Gronk

Staff member
Some blonde on NRL Fox show last night said that Willie Mason is close to a deal with either W/Tigers or Parramatta.

Part of me thinks that he could be a force charging up the middle, but in reality it's likely that he'll remain a lazy knob who will be less effective than the Carl Webb experiment.

yy_cheng

Coach
Some blonde on NRL Fox show last night said that Willie Mason is close to a deal with either W/Tigers or Parramatta.

Part of me thinks that he could be a force charging up the middle, but in reality it's likely that he'll remain a lazy knob who will be less effective than the Carl Webb experiment.

and foran is close to signing with manly

Bigfella

Coach
No the mole has had more misses than Hugh Hefner.

I agree with ram (that makes me very nervous) about sika.

Was a huge force in his time but injury and a failure to take his game to next level make me think he may be overpriced. Especially looking at Blair at tigers.

I's love trex obviously but can't help think he's now at the top of his price range and could very easily drop his form if he isn't handled right.

If Manly re-sign Foran and Brett Stewart they won't have money to field a team let alone re-sign Williams and all their other players off contract. At the moment they are already about $500,000 to $1m over the 2013 salary cap. Dessie backloaded most of the contracts when he was there.

They are also going have to dump players (I hear they want to get rid of Kite) besides not being able to re-sign any more players.

Coming into this year I knew one thing about Manly for the next couple of years; there was no way they were going to be able to re-sign DCE AND Foran without doing something dodgy OR lose a LOT of depth.

If they re-sign Foran, Stewart AND Williams then there must be some queries to how they did it .... all successful teams lose players in the salary cap era. Manly have yet to lose a player they wanted to keep. I will let you make up your own conclusion to that ...

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
If Manly re-sign Foran and Brett Stewart they won't have money to field a team let alone re-sign Williams and all their other players off contract. At the moment they are already about $500,000 to $1m over the 2013 salary cap. Dessie backloaded most of the contracts when he was there.

They are also going have to dump players (I hear they want to get rid of Kite) besides not being able to re-sign any more players.

Coming into this year I knew one thing about Manly for the next couple of years; there was no way they were going to be able to re-sign DCE AND Foran without doing something dodgy OR lose a LOT of depth.

If they re-sign Foran, Stewart AND Williams then there must be some queries to how they did it .... all successful teams lose players in the salary cap era. Manly have yet to lose a player they wanted to keep. I will let you make up your own conclusion to that ...

Are you Dessie's brother or something ?

Are you Dessie's brother or something ?

I have heard whispers from disparate sources quoting within that range. Doesn't mean they are right because a lot of it can be guess work. But it does explain why if they keep Foran and Stewart they won't be able to keep Williams, Matai and Ballin. And why they are looking to offload a few of their other contracts like Kite.

By the way, that range is on the proviso they re-signed everyone.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
From Dean Ritchie's blog today. LOL

spacer.gif
Yo Mama :
Do you realise that "I, Cretin Head" is an anagram of Dean Ritchie?

Status
Not open for further replies.