What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Bongo

Bench
If Manly re-sign Foran and Brett Stewart they won't have money to field a team let alone re-sign Williams and all their other players off contract. At the moment they are already about $500,000 to $1m over the 2013 salary cap. Dessie backloaded most of the contracts when he was there.

They are also going have to dump players (I hear they want to get rid of Kite) besides not being able to re-sign any more players.

Coming into this year I knew one thing about Manly for the next couple of years; there was no way they were going to be able to re-sign DCE AND Foran without doing something dodgy OR lose a LOT of depth.

If they re-sign Foran, Stewart AND Williams then there must be some queries to how they did it .... all successful teams lose players in the salary cap era. Manly have yet to lose a player they wanted to keep. I will let you make up your own conclusion to that ...

Not all successful teams lose players. The Storm were smart enough to heavily front load their contracts .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not all successful teams lose players. The Storm were smart enough to heavily front load their contracts .

lol

You're forgetting the Storm haven't been successful - they haven't won anything since 1999. We've at least won two minor premierships since then.

Eels Dude

Coach
The Storm were smart enough to cheat and get away with it for so long and also to exploit loopholes. They deserve their premierships back.

Disagree. The Storm lost a load of first grade quality players in the years leading up to 2010. And they still went over the cap.

They lost:
Dallas Johnson
Jeremy Smith
Israel Folau
Matt King
Steve Turner
Nathan Friend
Ben Cross
Michael Crocker
Will Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.