What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
I was talking more Bryce and Merrin's Home life then the TMM.

Under Griffin we have debuted

Cleary, Edwards, CHN, JFH who are now regulars ,Kikau and May who are still improving.

Got rid of Soward, Seg, Hiku, Taylor and a few other established players. Kept moving our spine to find what one works best. Yet we still have a 65% win record.

Tell me what other 1st year coach has matched that?

He isn't a first year coach at all and we look like getting a worse result this season than last. We have underperformed all year.

Re Bryce and Merrin, f**king hell do players from other sides not go through breakups? That's plain excuse making imo. If we could have only these issues every season every club would jump at it. Cronulla had more going on last season.

age.s

First Grade
I'm not ready to write this year off as "underperformance" tbh. I think it's just as likely that we win 3/4 of our last 4 and end up in 5th-6th as it is that we lose 3/4 and miss the finals.

Like many, I wrote this season off really early. Starting 2-7, playing busted, off field dramas, a clear lack of confidence and commitment. But fair's fair, the club deserves some credit for turning it around (9-2 since the Broncos) and getting us within striking distance of doing some damage in the finals. We've only shown it in patches this year, but we all know this team is capable of catching fire. I don't know if the last few months will be more than a false dawn, but I think we should wait until the season is over before writing it off completely.

That said I wouldn't even be thinking of re-signing Griffin. Let him earn it like the Dragons should have done for Mary.

Pomoz

Bench
There are four spine positions. Our spine for the last two weeks has been a 19 year old halfback (Penrith junior - 35 games), a first season debutant 5/8th (Penrith junior - 3 games), a first season debutant fullback (Penrith junior - 12 games) and Peter Wallace (Penrith junior - 216 games). Somehow, we believe we should be in the top four.

This is in spite of our two rep players from last season, Moylan and Merrin, being out injured for the last few weeks. I just don't get it. If we make the eight with that spine it is a fine performance from the coaching team and they deserve praise.

This week we play the Cowboys with this bunch of kids. The spine they are up against is as follows Coote (Penrith junior as it happens - 150 games), Morgan (118 games), TMM (18 games), Jake Granville (79 games). Morgan and TMM have both represented their country. Morgan, Granville and Coote have played in and won a grand final.

I get people don't rate Grffin and have said myself that I don't think he's got it. But if we make the eight, I will stfu because it will be a good achievement to do so two years in a row, whilst debuting several new players and two of them in spine positions.

betcats

Referee
I'm not ready to write this year off as "underperformance" tbh. I think it's just as likely that we win 3/4 of our last 4 and end up in 5th-6th as it is that we lose 3/4 and miss the finals.

Like many, I wrote this season off really early. Starting 2-7, playing busted, off field dramas, a clear lack of confidence and commitment. But fair's fair, the club deserves some credit for turning it around (9-2 since the Broncos) and getting us within striking distance of doing some damage in the finals. We've only shown it in patches this year, but we all know this team is capable of catching fire. I don't know if the last few months will be more than a false dawn, but I think we should wait until the season is over before writing it off completely.

That said I wouldn't even be thinking of re-signing Griffin. Let him earn it like the Dragons should have done for Mary.

If we finish 5th or 6th I wont call it underperforming either. But we are in 8th and only just got there, so far we have underperformed for sure. We have one complete 80 minute performance all year, all our most impressive performances are against bottom four sides, play a good side and we shit the bed 9 times out of 10. And by good I mean the top half of the competition.

franklin2323

Immortal
He isn't a first year coach at all and we look like getting a worse result this season than last. We have underperformed all year.

Re Bryce and Merrin, f**king hell do players from other sides not go through breakups? That's plain excuse making imo. If we could have only these issues every season every club would jump at it. Cronulla had more going on last season.

Cronulla also has 3 300 gamers in their team. Barba, Maloney and Ennis spine players to have played Grand finals before. I don't what is so hard for you to understand how young we are compared to other teams. Experience prepares players better when shit isn't going well that is why we went after Merrin and Tamou to add some of that to our team.

franklin2323

Immortal
There are four spine positions. Our spine for the last two weeks has been a 19 year old halfback (Penrith junior - 35 games), a first season debutant 5/8th (Penrith junior - 3 games), a first season debutant fullback (Penrith junior - 12 games) and Peter Wallace (Penrith junior - 216 games). Somehow, we believe we should be in the top four.

This is in spite of our two rep players from last season, Moylan and Merrin, being out injured for the last few weeks. I just don't get it. If we make the eight with that spine it is a fine performance from the coaching team and they deserve praise.

This week we play the Cowboys with this bunch of kids. The spine they are up against is as follows Coote (Penrith junior as it happens - 150 games), Morgan (118 games), TMM (18 games), Jake Granville (79 games). Morgan and TMM have both represented their country. Morgan, Granville and Coote have played in and won a grand final.

I get people don't rate Grffin and have said myself that I don't think he's got it. But if we make the eight, I will stfu because it will be a good achievement to do so two years in a row, whilst debuting several new players and two of them in spine positions.

This is it for me. If we are still at this same place in 2019 then get rid of the coach. When we can clear some cap space to give the new coach a chance to build their squad up. 65% win won't get any coach sacked

betcats

Referee
Cronulla also has 3 300 gamers in their team. Barba, Maloney and Ennis spine players to have played Grand finals before. I don't what is so hard for you to understand how young we are compared to other teams. Experience prepares players better when shit isn't going well that is why we went after Merrin and Tamou to add some of that to our team.

We are more experienced than last year yes? So if we don't improve our result its a failure yes? I don't know why that is so hard for you to understand.

I never said we should be premiers, the club said that. We should however be progressing which we have not. We've been held back by a coach who needs to make 5 changes before he will do the obvious thing, and then you get people on here talking that up as great coaching and using it as an excuse for our poor performances this year. the sine should of been set going into this year, cleary and Moylan should have played half a season together last year. Peachey and Waqa should of been left in their spots instead of f**ked around all year. Im not even going to go into his ridiculously shit style he tried to force on us this season. Griffin needs his hand held by Gould just to get a great squad into 8th.

age.s

First Grade
If we finish 5th or 6th I wont call it underperforming either. But we are in 8th and only just got there, so far we have underperformed for sure. We have one complete 80 minute performance all year, all our most impressive performances are against bottom four sides, play a good side and we shit the bed 9 times out of 10. And by good I mean the top half of the competition.

The first two months of the season were unquestionably a mess and our record against the top 8 is concerning (though consistently beating teams in the bottom half is an underrated quality, just ask the Titans), but we're extremely unlucky not to have scalps against the Roosters and Cows and (I don't care what anyone says about the refereeing) we played well against an almost full strength Manly. Whether our tough draw contributed to us looking terrible in the first 9 weeks or we happened to be playing terrible during the period we played best sides is debatable. It's probably a bit of both.

I guess I'm just saying I'm willing to wait and see how these tough last 4 weeks + finals go before making a definitive statement on the team as it currently stands. The lobsided nature of our record + performance + difficulty of draw makes it too hard to be certain where we actually are in relation to the rest of the comp.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are more experienced than last year yes? So if we don't improve our result its a failure yes? I don't know why that is so hard for you to understand.

I never said we should be premiers, the club said that. We should however be progressing which we have not. We've been held back by a coach who needs to make 5 changes before he will do the obvious thing, and then you get people on here talking that up as great coaching and using it as an excuse for our poor performances this year. the sine should of been set going into this year, cleary and Moylan should have played half a season together last year. Peachey and Waqa should of been left in their spots instead of f**ked around all year. Im not even going to go into his ridiculously shit style he tried to force on us this season. Griffin needs his hand held by Gould just to get a great squad into 8th.

Are we the same side as last year on paper? We have new halves for starters. CHN wasn't playing. Tamou was at NQ. Wallace was missing for 6 weeks. Peachey and Waqa weren't the only players moved though we moved and still will move players to find the best fit for the team.

How many training sessions did Moylan miss while in SOO last year? And you think any coach would put a 6 game halfback in with a FB that is barely there to train with? Especially when the team is winning? No chance of that.

Every coach has assistance who cares where that assistance comes from. If it makes the team better then it's for the best

The issue is for that though. We have the players locked up until end of 2019. So any new coach wouldn't be able to make the changes they would need to. So to re-sign him until atleast then makes sense he does have a winning record

He doesn't have a winning record against the teams that count. That's the real problem here.

He's signed for next year, no one else will be approaching him & we know it. Just wait until midway through next year to see where the team is at.

A third season in a row with a poor start should see him sacked.

OldPanther

Coach
I am with the people who said wait. Let him prove it with a settled roster. Our roster should be more settled and if he doesn't succeed in improving with that he should be gone.

franklin2323

Immortal
He doesn't have a winning record against the teams that count. That's the real problem here.

He's signed for next year, no one else will be approaching him & we know it. Just wait until midway through next year to see where the team is at.

Nope but we are winning games other developing teams aren't. Hell GC has beaten only top 8 teams this year.

The problem still will be it will be his roster. We need a new coach to come in and have total control. We won't get that before 2019 while we are winning games a new coach won't be brought in.

I don't think we are 2 and 5 last year if Moylan is fit for round 1. Mansour and Bryce fit and we atleast beat Souths and Parra early on this year. So hard to always get good starts but making finals and go from there. 5/5 after 10 rounds should be a fair aim

betcats

Referee
The first two months of the season were unquestionably a mess and our record against the top 8 is concerning (though consistently beating teams in the bottom half is an underrated quality, just ask the Titans), but we're extremely unlucky not to have scalps against the Roosters and Cows and (I don't care what anyone says about the refereeing) we played well against an almost full strength Manly. Whether our tough draw contributed to us looking terrible in the first 9 weeks or we happened to be playing terrible during the period we played best sides is debatable. It's probably a bit of both.

I guess I'm just saying I'm willing to wait and see how these tough last 4 weeks + finals go before making a definitive statement on the team as it currently stands. The lobsided nature of our record + performance + difficulty of draw makes it too hard to be certain where we actually are in relation to the rest of the comp.

I'm not saying he should be fired now(after 10 rounds yes). If we make the 8 give him next year and then see.

betcats

Referee
Are we the same side as last year on paper? We have new halves for starters. CHN wasn't playing. Tamou was at NQ. Wallace was missing for 6 weeks. Peachey and Waqa weren't the only players moved though we moved and still will move players to find the best fit for the team.

How many training sessions did Moylan miss while in SOO last year? And you think any coach would put a 6 game halfback in with a FB that is barely there to train with? Especially when the team is winning? No chance of that.

Every coach has assistance who cares where that assistance comes from. If it makes the team better then it's for the best

We are a better side on paper than last year that's for sure. Everything Else u mentioned is either Griffins doing or stock standard for an nrl team.

betcats

Referee

Exactly.

Frankus

Juniors
I wasn't comparing the teams at all. That being said we got more experienced this season and look like we will be finishing in a worse position than last season so....
There are 4 games to go, we sit 4 points from the top 4 and we play 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th. Win all of those and we finish at least 6th, maybe higher.

And if we run out as named, only 2 players in our 13 have played over 100 games. I don't think that is more experienced than last season. In fact I think we would have one of the least experienced squads in the comp of those available. But you're the stats man.

Frankus

Juniors

Bryce's ex obviously had serious mental health issue and committed suicide last week you f**king clown.

betcats

Referee
There are 4 games to go, we sit 4 points from the top 4 and we play 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th. Win all of those and we finish at least 6th, maybe higher.

And if we run out as named, only 2 players in our 13 have played over 100 games. I don't think that is more experienced than last season. In fact I think we would have one of the least experienced squads in the comp of those available. But you're the stats man.

We will see, weve beaten one top 8 team all year which makes it very unlikely we will beat 6, 7,9 and 10 in a row.

betcats

Referee
Bryce's ex obviously had serious mental health issue and committed suicide last week you f**king clown.

Yeah that's been hugely disruptive to our season hasn't it? since that happened we have played one game and won with Bryce putting in a solid performance, keep trying you utter moron.

Not trivialising the poor girls death at all, its very sad.

Last edited:

Frankus

Juniors
Yeah that's been hugely disruptive to our season hasn't it? since that happened we have played one game and won with Bryce putting in a solid performance, keep trying you complete moron.

Not trivialising the poor girls death at all, its very sad.
You are right - I'm sure the off field issues leading up her death would not have been a distraction to Bryce or anyone else at the club at all.

You do know the meaning of trivialise right? You displayed it perfectly. You are a dunce.

Status
Not open for further replies.