What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
You are right - I'm sure the off field issues leading up her death would not have been a distraction to Bryce or anyone else at the club at all.

You do know the meaning of trivialise right? You displayed it perfectly. You are a dunce.

Are you kidding, we are talking footy and you are using a poor girls death as an excuse for things that happened months ago and I am trivialising? GTFO you idiot.

I never said it wasn't a distraction of course the break up and media attention was a distraction earlier in the year, but her death happened last week, saying it has disrupted our season is not only false but disrespectful, now lets leave the poor girl out of our conversation about re-signing a rugby league coach you scum, how disgusting that we are even talking about this in reference to Griffins coaching, its really low and pathetic.

OldPanther

Coach
Are you kidding, we are talking footy and you are using a poor girls death as an excuse for things that happened months ago and I am trivialising? GTFO you idiot.

I never said it wasn't a distraction of course the break up and media attention was a distraction earlier in the year, but her death happened last week, saying it has disrupted our season is not only false but disrespectful, now lets leave the poor girl out of our conversation about re-signing a rugby league coach you scum, how disgusting that we are even talking about this in reference to Griffins coaching, its really low and pathetic.

Yeah it's really not an issue for us to be discussing here and we have no idea how much of an impact it would've had.

Frankus

Juniors

I referenced it in regards to you taking pot shots at offlield instability and breakups regarding Bryce and Merrin are a copout of an excuse. Comprehension is obviously not your strong suit either.

If you have had first hand experience with any similar mental health issues, you have the EQ to know it is not 'oh this happened last week' it's not an issue.

Stop trying to backtrack and take the high road now that I called you out on it you merkin.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Well, that escalated quickly...

Anyway, should we re-sign Griffin right now? No, there's literally no reason to rush it and it would be smarter to wait until mid next season to even start to contemplate it.

The whole, a new coach will need to create his own roster and we can't do that until 2019 argument is flawed in my honest opinion. We have a talented roster, and any decent coach would be able to make them play to their strengths. Adapt and overcome is a great coaching mantra and all good coaches are capable of it.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are a better side on paper than last year that's for sure. Everything Else u mentioned is either Griffins doing or stock standard for an nrl team.

how many stock standard NRL teams have a 65% win rate? It is that simple for me we aren't a team with many established FG yet we are winning more games then we lose

franklin2323

Immortal
There are 4 games to go, we sit 4 points from the top 4 and we play 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th. Win all of those and we finish at least 6th, maybe higher.

And if we run out as named, only 2 players in our 13 have played over 100 games. I don't think that is more experienced than last season. In fact I think we would have one of the least experienced squads in the comp of those available. But you're the stats man.

Lets look at the spine. Lets include Moylan for this

Moylan played 87 games at FB v Edwards 11
Bryce had 13 games at 5/8th. Moylan has 6.
Cleary and Wallace are better in their positions.

Matagi has CHN for experience too.

So we are no better off then this stage last year. Certainly nothing to say this year was a fail. If this is our spine settled now then we should see improvement going forward

betcats

Referee
I referenced it in regards to you taking pot shots at offlield instability and breakups regarding Bryce and Merrin are a copout of an excuse. Comprehension is obviously not your strong suit either.

If you have had first hand experience with any similar mental health issues, you have the EQ to know it is not 'oh this happened last week' it's not an issue.

Stop trying to backtrack and take the high road now that I called you out on it you merkin.

You brought it up to try and make me look bad that is all.

Franklin brought up the "Bryce situation" in reference to our poor start to the season. I responded in the same context, referring to our season struggles not this girls death, like OP just said, neither of us have any idea of the impact it has had on those close to the situation, speculating on it to score points in an online footy forum is flat out disrespectful(but you don't care about that obviously). You obviously couldn't comprehend that or didn't care in your rush to try and make me look bad though so well done genius, we both look like dropkicks thanks to you. Re the bold if you are trying to attribute that quote to me than once again you are completely making shit up.

Now I am done, I apologise to the rest of you for having to read this garbage.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Griffin gets a pass from me at the moment for finally getting Moylan in his correct position and bringing in Edwards. And I'm willing to let other selection issues (Browne starting, no Akuaola or Kikau) slide because we winning.

His record against good teams is horrible. Mainly I think because he has no idea how to set up an attack or to get his teams playing smart and disciplined. But maybe like our kids he can learn too? If we make the finals, I'd give him next season for sure. And then think about extension later...

franklin2323

Immortal
They'd have more experience in their positions if the coach had started the year with them in the right positions.

Whether it is in their rightful positions that is still to be decided on the field over the next 12 months or so. The thing for me was we didn't waste a season using some old no hoper half. Both Bryce and TMM are young and got valuable experience playing FG. TMM is someone else's issue but we found out about Bryce's weakness in defence from playing 5/8th. If he and the coaches learn from it it's not a waste

betcats

Referee
I think 6th or better is a pass but if he makes the 8 he deserves to see out his contract, we can decide on an extension nest season,. We aren't signing anyone so injuries permitting we should be able to field the same side as we have been using this last part of the season, if he does that and they work on the changes they have made to the attack this season then we should be in for a very good season. But if we come out round 1 and griffin has made a bunch of changes ill be writing him off even more(if possible).

chrisD

Coach
I don't really care where we finish in relation to Griffin's performance. Our best has not been good enough and we've not played nearly enough consistent football at a decent level. And he's taken this long to work out 1. Someone, 6. Moylan, 13 Cartwright. And I still can't be confident he's going to do 8. Tamou, 10. Merrin and 13. Cartwright, instead of some geniused line up he cooks up to serve his one out negative strategy.

Nope but we are winning games other developing teams aren't. Hell GC has beaten only top 8 teams this year.

The problem still will be it will be his roster. We need a new coach to come in and have total control. We won't get that before 2019 while we are winning games a new coach won't be brought in.

I don't think we are 2 and 5 last year if Moylan is fit for round 1. Mansour and Bryce fit and we atleast beat Souths and Parra early on this year. So hard to always get good starts but making finals and go from there. 5/5 after 10 rounds should be a fair aim

In the end, all I'm saying is we need to start well next year. No more excuses.

This is a club that needs consistency, we need to grow our base of supporters. We can't just rely on late season runs. And virtually no teams win premierships with late season runs.

betcats

Referee
I don't really care where we finish in relation to Griffin's performance. Our best has not been good enough and we've not played nearly enough consistent football at a decent level. And he's taken this long to work out 1. Someone, 6. Moylan, 13 Cartwright. And I still can't be confident he's going to do 8. Tamou, 10. Merrin and 13. Cartwright, instead of some geniused line up he cooks up to serve his one out negative strategy.

This pretty much, looking past wins and losses our performances even most of the wins are not overly impressive at all. I don't know what our completion rate average is but I'm sure it's not good. It shouldn't take a year and a half to figure where to put everyone, you can forgive last year being his first in charge here but the changes that were being made to start this year were very poor IMO.

Nealo 12

First Grade
In the end, all I'm saying is we need to start well next year. No more excuses.

This is a club that needs consistency, we need to grow our base of supporters. We can't just rely on late season runs. And virtually no teams win premierships with late season runs.

We are still in it this year, lets get this sorted first !

franklin2323

Immortal
This pretty much, looking past wins and losses our performances even most of the wins are not overly impressive at all. I don't know what our completion rate average is but I'm sure it's not good. It shouldn't take a year and a half to figure where to put everyone, you can forgive last year being his first in charge here but the changes that were being made to start this year were very poor IMO.

He inherited Ivan's team though. It's not like he got the team he wanted when he started. If we a new coach before 2019 he will have the same issue. It's the downside to locking up everyone long term. Now we seem to of settled on a few positions we hopefully will reap the rewards

ashton

Juniors
He inherited Ivan's team though. It's not like he got the team he wanted when he started. If we a new coach before 2019 he will have the same issue. It's the downside to locking up everyone long term. Now we seem to of settled on a few positions we hopefully will reap the rewards
In 2002 John Lang inherited Royce Simmons 2001 Wooden Spoon side full of young kids Cower, Wesser, Lewis, Rooney, Waterhouse Rodney Swain etc 2003 we won the comp. Stop making excuses for Griffin because IMO he is an average coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.