Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by herbert henry1908, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Bryce was contracted to the Titans in 2021 and his release was negotiated so given his current year would not normally have ended until November 1 it does not automatically follow his new arrangements exclude anything he was entitled to in 2021. Maybe the Titans aren’t chipping in but that’s not what I am hearing. They wanted him gone and were prepared to subsidise to some degree what ever arrangements he could come too once he signed with a Sydney based club.

2. age.s

age.s First Grade

Yeah I dont think it follows that just because the Titans deal ended before Parra signed him that they couldn't be chipping in. Could easily have been a clause in the termination of contract where the Titans agree to chip in a portion of his contract in 2021 (if he gets one). Suits both parties, Tits get most of him off their books and he becomes a more attractive prospect as his salary is effectively discounted.

3. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

I doubt he's on quite that much. He always just signed up for whatever the club was offering.

4. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Sure. But he comes to Parra in a min contract deal. That we know.
    Perhaps Titans paid him 200k to go.

5. unKwn

unKwn Juniors

I hope we don't lose Naden, hes a gun

CCJohnC, InSucToSivE and Frankus like this.
  6. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Referee

I hope he stays at least for 2021, at the very least he makes a great injury cover for the backline. Can play either wing or wither centre spot.

If Charlie Staines is the star some of us suspect he might be, his stay on the wing could be short lived. Moving to fullback would open up the wing for Naden.

7. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

I believe Naden will go, and Daine Laurie will take his spot. That outcome, if it eventuates, will be great for us.

8. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

We have a stack of wingers. Get in a centre

9. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

Need a really good look at him in reserve grade. If he can match Edwards in reading of the opposition attack, security under the high ball and the way he organises the defence from the back, he'll be a superstar.

10. Frankus

Frankus Juniors

I've not seen enough of young Laurie apart from the few cameos and his game against the Dogs. He's got some pace. But he seems very small, he looks he'd only be 80kg dripping wet. From what little I have seen he reminds me a little of early years Ben Barba.

Why would it be good to lose Naden and have Laurie come in? Can you elaborate on this?

11. herbert henry1908

I suspect one of the young fullbacks will get an extended run at fullback in first grade at some point, Edwards does seem to struggle with injuries.

12. Westernised Panther

Westernised Panther Juniors

Can Daine Laurie play in the centres??

13. Port Panther

Port Panther Juniors

Edwards looked absolutley pedestrian when Paps was running through for his try.
    Is there any developing players with great speed ? What about this Tuurva is he a gun ?

14. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

Can't see why not.

15. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

He has speed, something in which we lack. It also appears that Cleary has lost faith in Naden, and I suspect, it is because of his brain explosion in the Roosters game.

16. Port Panther

Port Panther Juniors

Paps is only tiny i was surprised how small he looked out there.....no calves short and skinny .

Jane Murray likes this.
  17. herbert henry1908

Staines.

Turuva is highly touted, not sure of his speed but he is Fijian. So probably not slow.

18. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

A surprise to no one:

19. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

Wow I didn't see this one coming.
    https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/...KwqllpNnhSDSsvJ3HFwSaBxcMPH_Q9XP35bU4KXs8kd-c

Robert Jennings returns to Panthers
    Author
    Panthers Media
    Timestamp
    Fri 30 Oct 2020, 11:57 AM
    Share on social media
    Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce the signing of outside back Robert Jennings on a one-year deal.

The 24-year-old local junior returns to Panthers following four seasons with South Sydney Rabbitohs and Wests Tigers.

"I was over the moon when I heard there was a chance to come back to Penrith," Jennings said.

"This is where I grew up, where my career started and this is the place I call home.

JOIN THE PANTHERS IN 2021 - SECURE YOUR SEAT NOW

"I’m extremely grateful to have the opportunity to reunite with so many of the talented players that I came through the grades with.

"The last couple of years have been tough but coming back to Panthers is a chance for me to hit the reset button, get back into the hard work and prove that I belong in the NRL."

[​IMG]
    Nathan Cleary, Tyrone May, Dylan Edwards and Robert Jennings with the Junior Kangaroos in 2016.
    In 2015 Jennings was a member of the Panthers’ premiership-winning NYC squad, represented the Junior Kangaroos and made his NRL debut under coach Ivan Cleary.

The following year he again earned selection in the Junior Kangaroos, where he played alongside Panthers teammates Nathan Cleary, Tyrone May and Dylan Edwards.

"This club is at its best when players come through our junior development pathways and progress into the NRL together," Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said.

"Robert is an example of a player who was on that path. He played his most impressive football alongside a number of the individuals who are currently in our first grade team.

"We see Robert’s return to Panthers as an opportunity for him to rediscover that form while adding some strong depth to our roster."

[​IMG]
    This homecoming is a blessing: Jennings

This homecoming is a blessing: Jennings

Buzzard Breath and Whino like this.
  20. herbert henry1908

Robert Jennings is a decent backup. Definitely better than MWZ.