What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

soc123_au

Staff member
The Gold Coast would not be paying parra anything but it would be smart business to pay out Bryce a percentage of his contract He had with them to move him on
Exactly. That money was his regardless of him signing another contract elsewhere. I imagine the Titans will have to wear whatever the amount was on their cap still though.

murraymob

First Grade
Exactly. That money was his regardless of him signing another contract elsewhere. I imagine the Titans will have to wear whatever the amount was on their cap still though.
Small price to pay .I am sure with what they saved they can buy another player or upgrade a few of there juniors

Kilkenny

Coach
Bryce was contracted to the Titans in 2021 and his release was negotiated so given his current year would not normally have ended until November 1 it does not automatically follow his new arrangements exclude anything he was entitled to in 2021. Maybe the Titans aren’t chipping in but that’s not what I am hearing. They wanted him gone and were prepared to subsidise to some degree what ever arrangements he could come too once he signed with a Sydney based club.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah I dont think it follows that just because the Titans deal ended before Parra signed him that they couldn't be chipping in. Could easily have been a clause in the termination of contract where the Titans agree to chip in a portion of his contract in 2021 (if he gets one). Suits both parties, Tits get most of him off their books and he becomes a more attractive prospect as his salary is effectively discounted.

The_Frog

First Grade
You can't have guys on 400k outside your top 17. If do your other players end up with back ended contracts. Not a great long term solution.

My reason for Josh isn't form based. Its more can Staines do as good a job?
I doubt he's on quite that much. He always just signed up for whatever the club was offering.

hindy111

Post Whore
They released him 5 weeks ago. No doubt some kind of golden handshake was part of it, but it bears zero relevance to him signing for anyone else. For Parra asking Gold Coast to be chipping in for his new deal would be on par with if the Knights came to us to chip in for Gower when he went there.

Sure. But he comes to Parra in a min contract deal. That we know.
Perhaps Titans paid him 200k to go.

I hope we don't lose Naden, hes a gun

I hope he stays at least for 2021, at the very least he makes a great injury cover for the backline. Can play either wing or wither centre spot.

If Charlie Staines is the star some of us suspect he might be, his stay on the wing could be short lived. Moving to fullback would open up the wing for Naden.

Jane Murray

Bench
I hope he stays at least for 2021, at the very least he makes a great injury cover for the backline. Can play either wing or wither centre spot.

If Charlie Staines is the star some of us suspect he might be, his stay on the wing could be short lived. Moving to fullback would open up the wing for Naden.
I believe Naden will go, and Daine Laurie will take his spot. That outcome, if it eventuates, will be great for us.

The_Frog

First Grade

Need a really good look at him in reserve grade. If he can match Edwards in reading of the opposition attack, security under the high ball and the way he organises the defence from the back, he'll be a superstar.

Frankus

Juniors
I believe Naden will go, and Daine Laurie will take his spot. That outcome, if it eventuates, will be great for us.
I've not seen enough of young Laurie apart from the few cameos and his game against the Dogs. He's got some pace. But he seems very small, he looks he'd only be 80kg dripping wet. From what little I have seen he reminds me a little of early years Ben Barba.

Why would it be good to lose Naden and have Laurie come in? Can you elaborate on this?

Need a really good look at him in reserve grade. If he can match Edwards in reading of the opposition attack, security under the high ball and the way he organises the defence from the back, he'll be a superstar.

I suspect one of the young fullbacks will get an extended run at fullback in first grade at some point, Edwards does seem to struggle with injuries.

Port Panther

Juniors
Edwards looked absolutley pedestrian when Paps was running through for his try.
Is there any developing players with great speed ? What about this Tuurva is he a gun ?

Jane Murray

Bench
I've not seen enough of young Laurie apart from the few cameos and his game against the Dogs. He's got some pace. But he seems very small, he looks he'd only be 80kg dripping wet. From what little I have seen he reminds me a little of early years Ben Barba.

Why would it be good to lose Naden and have Laurie come in? Can you elaborate on this?
He has speed, something in which we lack. It also appears that Cleary has lost faith in Naden, and I suspect, it is because of his brain explosion in the Roosters game.

Port Panther

Juniors

Paps is only tiny i was surprised how small he looked out there.....no calves short and skinny .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts