What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mansour is much more than a winger. He's a winger who covers for teams with shit forwards.

That's a fair point but I'd counter with the idea previously raised that a physical player like that will find it hard to maintain over a career.

I want him to stay desperately but I don't want to see the club match ludicrous offers.

Randy81

Juniors
Probably a little harsh, but I still don't have faith in Waqa as a winger. His hands worry me and he'd be targeted under the high ball a lot.

Fair comment last year, but he has certainly turned it around this year. Looking more like the star player he was in 20s.

Cleary's sacking was strongly related to how we weren't getting the best out of our top juniors. Blake was the no.1 example

Kilkenny

Coach
Heard a rumor young Brent Naden may have had his contract terminated due to an off field incident.

The incident in question didn't sound of the major kind, more of a breach of discipline but apparently gone none the less.

Kilkenny

Coach
On a lesser level, but still relevant to us, Sopoaga finished 2015 playing first grade and now finds himself on the bench for Windsor in the RM Cup.

He is definitely a better player than a benchie in the Ron Massey Cup? I thought he was very good for us in his opportunities last season and at the start of this season in the trial I saw he looked the goods. It is certainly cutthroat, no doubt.

While looking at the team sheets for the Sydney Shield noticed Daniel Penese a back rower who played a couple of first grade games for us a few years back in the back row before moving to the Dragons is still running around for St Marys. So many talented youngsters but so few opportunities, only a minute percentage ever make the grade despite showing unlimited potential in the juniors and lower grades.

ACTPanthers

Bench
He is actually pretty good in the air, it's his loose carries that were getting him into trouble he doesn't have an issue catching from what I've seen.

Thanks mate - I guess if he does have issues we can always move him back into the centers and bring a winger in (depth allowing obviously). Blake is definitely playing well this season and I'd love to keep him in there in some way.

betcats

Referee
Id rather see him at centre over Hiku im just not convinced they will shift Hiku. Depends how good his for is this year I guess. Peachey has been pretty good there so far he might be in the mix as well.

MrBlack

Juniors
This from the Lurker today

Which NRL club coach is on the nose at the moment?
Our friend has a fairly good side at his disposal - but he just can't get them working together.
There is no suggestion he will soon get punted - but he is being closely monitored by club management.

Do you think he means us??

Bob

Juniors

Our friend has a fairly good side at his disposal - but he just can't get them working together.
There is no suggestion he will soon get punted - but he is being closely monitored by club management.

No
Sounds like our opposition's coach on Friday night though

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Nope

betcats

Referee
No
Sounds like our opposition's coach on Friday night though

Sounds more like Macguire you would think he must be under pressure given how piss poor souths have been but they just extended him recently so who knows.

GongPanther

Referee

Manly's Barrett.

He wants to quit coaching and take up a position at NADA.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Heard a rumor young Brent Naden may have had his contract terminated due to an off field incident.

The incident in question didn't sound of the major kind, more of a breach of discipline but apparently gone none the less.

He a loss.But a bit of cap relief no doubt.

Big Mick

Referee

Not shocked. Considering he struggled with transition to NSW Cup. Doesn't seem to have kicked on like many expected.

Disappointing.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not shocked. Considering he struggled with transition to NSW Cup. Doesn't seem to have kicked on like many expected.

Disappointing.

I am aware of the issue involved and at face value it does seem worthy of having your contract terminated so maybe there were more disciplinary issues beforehand. Regardless young Brent Naden is probably just another example of an highly talent junior, with representative honours, who is just not quite up to the level required to play NRL. He is not alone there are many, sadly.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Segs swapped for pommie fullback.

Ok what doyooosreckon ??

Shame about Naden. Really talented but now just another could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.