What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamSatan

Juniors
And I may go insane if any of my panther friends here start playing the "lets shuffle the whole team around" game to fit this guy in.

We do have a history of good pommies at the club.
Hope he really can play.

Where the hell is everyone ??
This is big news ?

TeamSatan

Juniors
Yeah I can see that.

No way carty can stay at 6.

And cat in the hat really needs to lift his game.

Who would an SL team give us if we offered Will Smith ?

lafai

Bench
Wait so what happens if this Hardaker has a real go of it and stays next year? Martin is young Benji 2.0 and that Cleary is something. Who goes if Moylan moves to halves?

Wait so what happens if this Hardaker has a real go of it and stays next year? Martin is young Benji 2.0 and that Cleary is something. Who goes if Moylan moves to halves?

TMM can tackle and doesn't throw flick passes into the crowd

hindy111

Post Whore
Will be interesting the fact they didnt want to give dwz a crack at fullback.
1new guy
2hiku
3blake
4whare
5 dwz

I like peachey in centres.Looks dam great there. So perhaps someone will be let go. Jennings boys for sure.
I can see moylan in halves with Cleary and Tmm on bench. Thou him or Cleary may need a bit of time in reserves

betcats

Referee

If it does happen and Moylan goes well in the halves maybe Martin plays off the bench for a while or something like that. I don't think we will be rushing this pommy in but hopefully he can play.

I'm hoping this might mean Moylan to 5/8 but I won't hold my breath.

TMM *might* be a good 5/8 , Moylan is a good footy player now.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I'm hoping this might mean Moylan to 5/8 but I won't hold my breath.

TMM *might* be a good 5/8 , Moylan is a good footy player now.

I think it is definitely time to trial Moylan in the halves (he has some major limitations at fullback that aren't going to go away). It doesn't make sense to play Cartwright or Peachey there.

Hopefully this new guy will make the shift possible for the rest of the season, but to be honest I don't have a clue what they are planning. They will probably play him centre and put Peachey on the bench again.

Panfas

Juniors
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2016/06/22/hardaker_signed_sege.html

Hardaker signed, Segeyaro released

Thu 23rd June, 12:30AM

Penrith Panthers are delighted to confirm English international fullback Zak Hardaker has joined the club on a deal until the end of the 2016 season.

The 24-year-old, who will begin training with the Panthers next week, played 154 games for Leeds after making his debut for the Super League club in 2011.

In 2015 Hardaker was named Man of Steel after helping Leeds win the Challenge Cup, League Leaders Shield and First Utility Super League Grand Final.

“This is truly exciting for the Panthers to have a current English international joining the club for the remainder of the 2016 season,” Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM said.

“Zak is an outstanding footballer. With long term injuries to our Kiwi international centres Dean Whare and Peta Hiku, Zak's arrival at the club is very timely indeed.

“Zak wants to prove himself in the NRL competition and may well consider a longer stint in Australia if all goes well. It will be a fantastic experience for Zak and for the Panthers".

Meanwhile hooker James Segeyaro has been released from the remainder of his contract with the Panthers to immediately link up with Leeds.

"It will be a great experience for James to live and play rugby league in another part of the world and I wish him the very best," Panthers CEO Rugby League Corey Payne said.

Segeyaro played 70 games for the Panthers after joining the club ahead of the 2013 season. In 2014 he was named Dally M Hooker of the Year.

“I want to thank James for his service to the Panthers,” coach Anthony Griffin said.

“For the last three and a half seasons he has been a valued member of the club and we wish him all the best for the next chapter in his career.”

Phil Gould echoed Griffin’s sentiments for the departing Segeyaro.

"James has been a terrific player for our club over the last three and a half seasons," Gould said.

"We greatly appreciate his efforts both on and off the field. We also appreciate the wonderful opportunity he has been offered to play with the great Leeds club in the English Super League.

"We wish him all the best for his future."

Read the Rhinos statement here http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/rhinos-and-panthers-agree-deal-on-player-swap-25462

betcats

Referee
Based on the statement mentioning specifically Whare & Hiku...it would suggest he would play centre.

It mentions them because they are the two who are injured im not sure its much of an indication where he will play. If Moylan or Mansour had of been out long term I think they would of mentioned them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts