What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
It mentions them because they are the two who are injured im not sure its much of an indication where he will play. If Moylan or Mansour had of been out long term I think they would of mentioned them as well.

Well yeah because he could play those positions also.

Big Mick

Referee
Wherever he plays...it's good to have some depth in the backs that we need atm. Even if it is just a rental for 6 months.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Will have to reserve judgment until I see him play, but as Mick says above, depth in the backs is a good thing.

lafai

Bench
Yeah I can see TMM as a bench option I guess.

Anyways Tamou ran for something like 35 metres last night against an aging forward pack. 750k hmm...

CCJohnC

Juniors
Hardaker wont play FG at least until he has settled in and proved NRL fitness. So play in res for a game or two.

Yeah I can see TMM as a bench option I guess.

Anyways Tamou ran for something like 35 metres last night against an aging forward pack. 750k hmm...

I don't know why people believe paper talk value , I think we agree that 750k is overs but I also doubt it's the real price.

Also never judge a player from one match , totally unfair.

betcats

Referee
Tamou can be invisible at times which is worrying. A guy with his size and mobility should just be running the ball back as hard as possible.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tamou is overrated. Hes just further in development than what we have. Hell take any of our props and put them in that Cowboys pack and they will probably look much better than they do here. Put him in our pack and he provably looks like he did in Origin.

He should be our best prop when he arrives. But RCG, Latu, Leota, Kikau etc in the right team could be as good as him. Hopefully he goes to a new level with us though. He's just a cog in the Cowboys pack. With us he is being bought to lead our front row. But i feel he could just as easily sink with us and become an Adam Blair style failure.

If the money was good it's a good signing. But it seems like a lot of money for a guy who isn't really an established gun front rower in his own right.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
750k is way too much and those pretending otherwise are kidding themselves. Let's just hope (a) it wasn't that much, and more importantly (b) he plays for us like he has for the Cowboys, rather than how he does for SOO.

GongPanther

Referee
Hardaker wont play FG at least until he has settled in and proved NRL fitness. So play in res for a game or two.

I don't think they'll bring over 5 cents (Zac) to slap him in the face with a stint in reserve grade.

For me,I have no clue what they will do short of keeping the centre pairing the same,although defensively they were badly exposed in the 1st half V Manly.

Not sure what to think on Hardaker signing. Some of the poms that have come out here apart from Graham & Burgess bros have been hit and miss. No doubting his talent.
Given Gould mentioned injured centres Whare & Hiku in the press release indicates to me a suspicion he will play in the centres or he could just mention them because we are short in the backs at the moment. Who knows yet.

abpanther

Staff member
Has anyone here actually watched Hardaker play? What kind of player is he (strengths and weaknesses)?

Has anyone here actually watched Hardaker play? What kind of player is he (strengths and weaknesses)?

Found this on him from his manager Craig Harrison.

Harrison likened Hardaker to St George Illawarra star Josh Dugan in playing style and because of his ability to play at fullback and centre.

"Zach's biggest asset, without a doubt, is defence, he's massive on defence," Harrison said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...zak-hardaker-player-swap-20160618-gpmafk.html

Blade23

Juniors
Well I guess I was right we were clearing the decks for pre June 30 signing. Didn't expect Hardaker.
I hope he goes well.

Blade23

Juniors
Tamou can be invisible at times which is worrying. A guy with his size and mobility should just be running the ball back as hard as possible.

Its been mentioned a few times on Tamou in the past he needs a pre match rev up to get his fire going.

Personally I am willing to come next year in the sheds pre match round 1 wearing the oppositions jersey and give Tamou a little slap in the face. Just to rev him up.
I will be running the other way 2 seconds later though ;-)

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I've seen a fair bit of SL this season and last.

Hardaker is a Josh Dugan style of player and I'm not saying that because of his Tatts.

He is a big unit, pretty quick, good under a high ball. He is a rock in defence, he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Obviously the NRL is a step up from the SL, but I think he has the ability to do really well over here. As long as he doesn't try to do to much. My only criticism is that he can be a bit of a ball hog.

Time will tell I guess. I personally have high hopes for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts