What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fibroman

First Grade
Griffin didnt deserve the job to begin with and hasn't done anything since to suggest he will improve us.

Brennan and Ciraldo atleast achieved success with many of our current first grade players through the lower grades. They couldn't really do any worse.

But Gus won't admit he was wrong. We will lose both these guys and be stuck with Griffin. Our lower grade sides will likely suffer if we lose the two best coaches we have.

The 5th year of the 5 year plan is shaping up to be the one where shit starts to go backwards for us.

Remember when we sacked Brett Kenny as coach of our Jersey Flegg team after taking them to a GF victory. We haven't exactly made good choices regarding our selection and retention of coaches in years gone by.

maple_69

Bench
For the 100k or so we likely have for a hooker Wallace is by far the best option. As long as it's just one year.

GongPanther

Referee
Penrith Panthers are delighted to announce Leilani Latu has signed a new deal to remain with the club until at least the end of the 2020 season.

The 23-year-old prop forward was already committed to the Panthers until the end of 2017 but this week agreed to a further three-year extension.

"Leilani Latu is the shining example of what perseverance can bring," Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould AM said.

"Restricted by injury in the early part of his career, Leilani has worked really hard to now establish himself as a representative class forward.

"It’s just further justification of the club's strong investment in a reserve grade development pathway here at the Panthers.

"It's wonderful that Leilani will now be with us for the next four seasons."

Latu joined the Panthers in 2014 and was a member of the premiership-winning NSW Cup side that year. He made his long-awaited NRL debut in Round 21, 2015, and earned selection for the Indigenous All Stars and NSW City Origin sides earlier this season.

"It’s great to have committed my future to the Panthers," Latu said.

"I love this club and I know that with the players and the staff we have here, we’re building towards something special.

"The Panthers gave me a second chance at a career in rugby league and I’m so relieved to be in a position to repay that faith."

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2016/07/20/latu_commits_to_the_.html

TheFrog

Coach
Remember when we sacked Brett Kenny as coach of our Jersey Flegg team after taking them to a GF victory. We haven't exactly made good choices regarding our selection and retention of coaches in years gone by.
We are renowned for failing to recognise coaches who would go on to success elsewhere. Roy Masters and Graham Murray come to mind. Brett Kenny, great player that he was, doesn't seem to have turned the coaching world on its head so maybe they got that one right.

chrisD

Coach
Happy days. Squad will be awesome for some time, compared to other squads I'm not sure how they managed it. Gould is very good at it. The only question mark is over the coach, unfortunately that's a massively important piece.

Munky

Coach
We need to offer Cleary a serious extension.

Eighteen year old half backs with his composure shouldn't exist.

Wallace has re-signed , but for 2 years not 1.

Let's hope the second year is a team option. Why would you sign him for 2 years, where else is he going?

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
To get a better 9 in our first grade team, we either need to-

1. Spend three times or more what Wallace costs, or
2. Develop one ourselves.

Since 1 is unlikely in our cap position, it is going to take a good deal of time for 2 to be done properly. Hence the two year deal. Gus is not stupid.

mxlegend99

Referee
2 years is stupid. If we need him in 2018 our hooking rotation is f**ked and we arent going to be close to premiership contenders.

We should be planning for him to be a reserve grader by next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.