What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisD

Coach
Extending Latu has to be priority now. Losing Latu after 17 and having RCG signed until 19 would be a f**king tragedy.

Exsilium

Coach
I think Whare is as good as gone. Injuries have hampered his time with us and I know people don't rate Hiku but I'd rather his versitility.

Peachey is also in danger of being pushed out but who knows. Players might want to stay to be part of the growth.

Hardacker will no doubt fill a centre position and potentially have DWZ at the back with Moylan at six. Blake might jag a wing spot.

NRL set for transfer deadline scramble

MATT LOGUE, The Sunday Telegraph
UP to a dozen of the NRL’s most recognisable names remain without a contract for 2017 and beyond as the June 30 transfer deadline looms closer.
While the likes of Luke Keary (Rabbitohs to Roosters), James Segeyaro (Penrith to Leeds) and Joe Burgess (Roosters to Rabbitohs) have all confirmed mid-season singings this week, a cast of other players remain in the dark.
Players such as Luke Lewis, Tony Williams, Chris Heighington, Robbie Rochow, Benji Marshall and Mitch Rein will all look to finalise their futures in the coming months.
The Sunday Telegraph understands Lewis will re-sign with the Sharks for one season, but only if he drops his asking price.

Move west to Penrith and the men in black are currently assembling one of the strongest young teams in the NRL.On the back of emerging talents like Bryce Cartwright, Nathan Cleary and Matt Moylan, the club recently confirmed the signing of experienced North Queensland and Blues prop James Tamou on a four-year deal.
Tamou’s arrival means the Panthers will have to juggle its salary cap.
While the club secured the services of representative winger Josh Mansour on a two-year deal prior to Friday’s win over South Sydney, a number of other players are likely to be forced out.
It is understood veteran half Jamie Soward is considering retirement, while the Panthers are currently working through the prospect of a payout for the former premiership-winning playmaker.
Soward has one year remaining on his contract at the foot of the mountains and has previously stated he won’t stand in the way of the club’s cast of young stars.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...7/news-story/2a37cf7b19b4e87524ce261ab74b55ef

Nealo 12

First Grade
Hope he hangs around for a bit, we could use his experience in finishing off the season in the Intrust Super Premiership. He killed it yesterday had the ball on a string.

maple_69

Bench
With Martin not far off, Cleary just owning it and Moylan looking more like a half every time he plays its hard to see Soward figuring now.

I was really worried we could be hanging Martin/Cleary out to dry Brooks/Moses style without Soward but they just seen ready. Defence isn't an issue and they have a great pack in front of them.

As much as Soward is a polarizing figure, he gave us great service, particularly in 14 and has been very mature and a great leader and ambassador for us.

Blues Riff

Bench
I like Sowie. There's no shame in what he's doing for us in reserves. He seems to be making a difference and is a handy backup half. If he does retire, I hope he stays at the club. He has become a great club man in his time at Penrith. I'm sure he'll put the club first. Jamie has a big future in the media, so maybe some part-time coaching for us. I'm pretty sure we'll see him again in first grade at some stage though.

TheFrog

Coach
I like Sowie. There's no shame in what he's doing for us in reserves. He seems to be making a difference and is a handy backup half. If he does retire, I hope he stays at the club. He has become a great club man in his time at Penrith. I'm sure he'll put the club first. Jamie has a big future in the media, so maybe some part-time coaching for us. I'm pretty sure we'll see him again in first grade at some stage though.

Soward at his best demands a first grade spot. Especially at the pointy end of the season. I'm sure that is what he is working towards right now.

Here is your link for Blake
No quotes from him or his manager though.

Force chase Penrith centre Nick Taylor - The West Australian on June 25, 2016, 12:01 am
As the Western Force close in on NRL star Curtis Rona, they have turned their sights on another homegrown code-switcher, Penrith centre Waqa Blake.
Like Rona, the speedster slipped through the local rugby union net as a teenager when he was recruited by the Panthers as a 17-year-old four years ago.
He had followed the same path in Perth as the Bulldogs’ try-scoring machine Rona, playing union for Wanneroo Districts and league for Joondalup Giants.
Fiji-born Blake moved to Australia when he was nine and was spotted by the Panthers playing for the WANRL’s West Coast Pirates under-18 side in the NSW SG Ball competition.
He played two seasons in the Panthers under-20 side and in 2014 was included in the Fiji side to play Samoa.
Blake made his NRL debut last season, scoring five tries in 18 matches, but has scored just once in nine games this year as the Panthers battle to stay in finals contention.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/31915658/force-set-sights-on-penrith-centre/

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Blake is still contracted for next year. Not that that seems to mean much nowadays.

We still have Whare (2017) and Hiku (2018).

ammatt

Juniors
Blake is still contracted for next year. Not that that seems to mean much nowadays.

We still have Whare (2017) and Hiku (2018).

At this stage I'd rather Whare and even Hiku over Blake.

Blake seems to have too many errors in his game. I know he is young and still learning but Whare is a more seasoned performer.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I don't think we will miss Blake. Whare and Hiku are both better, Peachey is playing better there, we can put the English guy in there as well....

mxlegend99

Referee
At this stage I'd rather Whare and even Hiku over Blake.

Blake seems to have too many errors in his game. I know he is young and still learning but Whare is a more seasoned performer.
Whare has missed nearly all of this season and a chunk of last season. It's no guarantee he's the same player next year even if he does get fully fit.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't think we will miss Blake. Whare and Hiku are both better, Peachey is playing better there, we can put the English guy in there as well....

All it says is that RU is interested in him. Nothing to suggest he is interested in them.

Blake, for all his faults, is currently the only genuine first grade centre we have fit in the club. Peach is a stop-gap. Hardaker is an unknown quantity. We need Waqa Blake.

Last edited:

SweetandSoward

Juniors
I hope Soward doesn't play this week because I know Elijah Taylor and the tigers will smash Penrith.
Elijah shouldn't be playing hooker

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
All it says is that RU is interested in him. Nothing to suggest he is interested in them.

Blake, for all his faults, is currently the only genuine first grade centre we have fit in the club. Peach is a stop-gap. Hardaker is an unknown quantity. We need Waqa Blake.

I was talking about for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.