What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
As if Yeo would ever leave us. Only way that happens is if the club decides he's unwanted.

Bulldogs have signed Hetherington and Flanagan. Surely that's $500k+ a season between them at minimum. Throw in JAC and they're easily looking at $1m+ and next years cap will likely be lower. They gave Dallin big money recently. Hopoate is on big money

How much will they even have to throw at guys like Burton, Yeo and Crichton? It would have to be a hell of a lot more before they would leave a club potentially on the verge of greatness (or atleast consistent above averageness) to help rebuild a club thats probably a few seasons away from being even half decent.

I just dont see them as a big threat to keeping anyone except possibly Burton. But i would be telling him he gets first crack at right centre in 2021, is our first choice replacement half and will longterm be developed to wear our #13 jersey.

Unless we signed a centre. But looking at the market you're better off trying to develop Burton at right centre than taking a chance on anyone else.

Make sure his contract is only a short 1 or 2 year extension so he knows he can quickly earn his way into bigger money. Hopefully it atleast buys us 2 or 3 seasons of him before he leaves for overs elsewhere. Which is inevitable IMO.

Jane Murray

Bench
Jane trust me we are flat out just trying to keep our current off contract stars without contemplating trying to secure anyone on more than minimum wage.
Yeah I know. Franklin was saying there was not much good centres on the market, and I was saying there was.

Blade23

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/a30979939b8978ebdc19e50efc4e48bf

NRL 2020: Bulldogs target Isaah Yeo, Stephen Crichton after Kyle Flanagan signing

Matt Burton is already a key target, and now Canterbury has drawn up a Panthers priority list which includes NSW State of Origin stars Stephen Crichton and Isaah Yeo.

It comes after the Bulldogs signed Penrith assistant Trent Barrett as head coach and aggressive Panthers forward Jack Hetherington.

While Burton is Canterbury’s main choice, the Bulldogs are closely monitoring Crichton and Yeo, who come off contract after next season.

The developments come as Canterbury confirmed the signing of Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan to a three-year deal. A Burton-Flanagan halves combination could potentially lift Canterbury into a top eight contender.

All NRL players coming off contract after next season can be officially approached from this Sunday.

Should they sign Burton, Canterbury hope he may arrive for next season although there is no indication Penrith would offer an early release.

The Daily Telegraph has also learnt Melbourne, North Queensland and Wests Tigers have an interest in Burton. Barrett was at Canterbury’s Belmore headquarters on Monday but after a long year at Penrith has taken a week’s holiday. He has a strong relationship with all Panthers players. Penrith has the most talent of any NRL club coming off contract after next year, including Burton, Crichton, Yeo, Jarome Luai, Kurt Capewell, Mitch Kenny, Spencer Leniu, Brent Naden, Josh Mansour and Zane Tetevano.

Yeo and Crichton could command salaries of between $500,000 and $600,000 a season. The Panthers are desperately hoping to retain all their grand finals stars.

Crichton’s brother, Bulldogs winger, Christian, comes off contract at Belmore after next season. While wanting to be strategic, Canterbury will have some cash to splash for 2022. Other NRL star players coming off after next season include Kotoni Staggs, Dale Finucane, Jahrome Hughes, Mitchell Pearce, Nathan Brown, Blake Ferguson, Maika Sivo, Jarome Luai, Dane Gagai, Adam Reynolds, Junior Tatola, Cameron McInnes, Corey Norman, Angus Crichton, James Tedesco, Daniel Tupou and David Nofoaluma,

They can receive offers from midnight on Sunday. Tedesco is shortly expected to announce a new five-year, $6m deal at Bondi.

Canterbury remains hopeful but not overly confident of signing Melbourne and NSW star Josh Addo-Carr. The club is insisting they have not yet made him an offer.

Addo-Carr is attracted to South Sydney but would be unable to play his preferred fullback spot at Redfern because of good mate, Latrell Mitchell. Wests Tigers also remain a chance of signing Addo-Carr.

Barrett is a huge fan of Addo-Carr. All negotiations have been delayed given Addo-Carr will be in NSW camp for the next four weeks.

Canterbury confirmed 22-year-old Flanagan’s signing on Tuesday morning.

“Kyle is a quality all-round footballer, who will bring game management and a strong kicking component to our halves, as well as having the potential to grow as a player under Trent Barrett and his coaching staff,” said Bulldogs CEO, Andrew Hill.

“We are putting together a squad that has the right qualities and everyone is excited about getting back together for the pre-season in what we believe is a new beginning for the club. We can’t wait for Kyle to be a part of that.

Ha ha biggest pile of shit I have read from the Telegraph.
Unless him going into Origin camp slows the announcement Crichton's extention will be confirmed next week. Done deal 3 years.
Yeo ain't going anywhere either.
I still fancy our chances with Burton too.

Bob

Juniors
Unless him going into Origin camp slows the announcement Crichton's extention will be confirmed next week. Done deal 3 years.
Couldn’t agree more, Tele journos have zero credibility

WestyLife

First Grade

Not gonna lie that's some huge balls on them to mention Yeo. They'll have to bury him at the stadium he loves the place so much.

Big Mick

Referee
The only player I see leaving is Burton. And even then...I am not 100% sure he does.

I can see him signing a 2 year extension to see if Luai extends here or gets big money elsewhere.

Then Yeo wont go imo...unless we want him too or shaft him. Then Leniu a priority given how skinny we are on props.

This is a huge area of concern for me going into 2021. We only have 4 recognisable props.

Wouldn't be shocked to see us make a move to bring in an experienced head and then maybe bring back someone like Olly Clark who was let go by the Tigers to round out to 6 props. Then fill out to 8 for NSW Cup.

Aiden Tolman would be a good signing at the right price.
There is a young centre in the lower grades Thomas Jenkins who may play first grade in 2021.
I also heard we signed a front rower from the central west of NSW.

Blade23

Juniors
The only player I see leaving is Burton. And even then...I am not 100% sure he does.

I can see him signing a 2 year extension to see if Luai extends here or gets big money elsewhere.

Then Yeo wont go imo...unless we want him too or shaft him. Then Leniu a priority given how skinny we are on props.

This is a huge area of concern for me going into 2021. We only have 4 recognisable props.

Wouldn't be shocked to see us make a move to bring in an experienced head and then maybe bring back someone like Olly Clark who was let go by the Tigers to round out to 6 props. Then fill out to 8 for NSW Cup.

I was told if we lost Tamou we would look to bring in a cheaper prop preferably with some experience.
They are in no rush at the moment. The focus is on retention.
They may wait for confirmation of squad sizes next year and other clubs looking to free up space before they recruit. Most likely value buys.
Could be a few departures depending on how things pan out over the next 2 months. Naden future is up in the air, I was told was a month ago he was 50:50 whether he stays. A lot has changed since then. They have been trying to push Whare out for the past 12 months too.
The next 2 months will be interesting.

Jane Murray

Bench
What about Spencer Leniu?

Frankus

Juniors
Since we are discussing it here:

1. 2020 Edwards: 2021 honestly should try Luarie there. Looks like he has a good running and passing game. Very well rounded. There's debate whether or not he's as quick as Staines.

2. 2020 Mansour: 2021 Staines, that left edge would be so good it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. The extra speed would be crazy.

3. 2020 Crichton(L centre): 2021 no change just keep developing and grow into his body. Star in the making.

4. 2020 Various(R centre): 2021 No idea what's happening with Naden but would love to see Naden go to Centre. Good runner of the ball, great passing and kicking.

5. 2020 To'o: 2021 again no change obviously. :muscle::fire:

6. 2020 Luai: 2021 Luai.

7. 2020 Cleary: 2021 Cleary.

8. 2020 Tamou: 2021 Fish

9. 2020 Api: 2021 Api.

10. 2020 Fish: 2021 Leota, needs to sort out his handling or this won't last long but looks good otherwise.

11. 2020 Kikau: 2021 Kikau

12. 2020 Martin: 2021 Martin.

13. 2020 Yeo: 2021 Yeo

14. May

15. Capewell

16. Tetevano

17. Lenui(promoted with Tamou leaving for tigers.)

I like this team, posted something similar in the GF thread. Just curious - you'd start Leota ahead of Tetevano? The main difference of opinion we have is on Tyrone May. For whatever reason, I don't rate him. I'd have Burton at 14.

WestyLife

First Grade
I like this team, posted something similar in the GF thread. Just curious - you'd start Leota ahead of Tetevano? The main difference of opinion we have is on Tyrone May. For whatever reason, I don't rate him. I'd have Burton at 14.

I wouldn't have an issue with Leota/Tetevano either way. Happy for either to be starter.

I'm not a fan of May but I don't see him being dropped due to his relationship with the Cleary's. Burton will have more to offer in 2021/22.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't have an issue with Leota/Tetevano either way. Happy for either to be starter.

I'm not a fan of May but I don't see him being dropped due to his relationship with the Cleary's. Burton will have more to offer in 2021/22.

May has been good when used right. He made a difference in Aekins 2nd stint. Burton will start when given a chance with lower grades

Burton might become a better option at 14, but right now it’s May because he can play backrow positions.

Frankus

Juniors
Burton might become a better option at 14, but right now it’s May because he can play backrow positions.
Craig Wing and John Plath were probably the 2 best 14s to ever play the game. Neither of them played backrow. With our playstyle, we need our 14 to add some spark. May is bang average imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.